PDA

View Full Version : Should i switch?

Coyotehunter11
12-06-2011, 03:43 PM
At the end of archery season my bow will be getting a new set of strings from hutch. Anyways, since i already have the bow string off i was wondering if i should convert my cable slide to the ccs roller guard. Do you think i should or not and why? Thanks alot.

gravedigger
12-06-2011, 05:31 PM
i thik the CCS draws a bit nicer and my main reson for getting itis.....it makes the bow look great.lol

HawgEnvy
12-06-2011, 05:49 PM
i haven't used Martin's CCS. but,the one on the HCA Iron Mace i had,i really liked more than a cable slide. if your bow will accept the CCS,i'd say go for it. just do some checking,you may need longer strings to accomodate the CCS

elkslayer4x5
12-07-2011, 05:44 AM
i haven't used Martin's CCS. but,the one on the HCA Iron Mace i had,i really liked more than a cable slide. if your bow will accept the CCS,i'd say go for it. just do some checking,you may need longer strings to accomodate the CCS

I think that you'll also gain 5# of draw weight.

pizzadave
12-07-2011, 05:52 AM
Well... I looked into this conversion also... From what I can tell.... It makes the draw smoother. But you won't gain speed like proclaimed... If you want to retain the same draw weight, you will be using longer cables. For example, I know with a cheetah, the split cable is 1/2" longer than stock for proper use with the ccs... I opted for a Saunders hyperglide, and I really really like it!

gravedigger
12-07-2011, 06:21 AM
like dave said you wont gain speed if you have longer cables,the speed increase comes from the increase of poundage.my bengal went from 70 max to 73lbs max and that gave me a bit more speed but at the 73 it was like pulling 68

bfisher
12-07-2011, 06:25 AM
As a couple guys have said, the use of a CCS requires cables 1/2" longer if you want to retain the present draw length and draw weight.