PDA

View Full Version : Okay what am I missing?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Am I missing anything for tuning bows, arrows etc. ?
1. Paper tuning rack
2. The Super Shooter (shooting machine)
3. Draw weight scale
4. Arrow weight scale
5. Ordered my Chronograph
6. Ordered my tri pod for the chrono

Help me out guys!

Hutch:cool:

Skbengal
12-11-2011, 12:44 PM
But have you got an arrow saw with a spin tester?Fletching jigs?A center-finder?Sounds like you're pretty well set up Hutch!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-11-2011, 12:53 PM
But have you got an arrow saw with a spin tester?Fletching jigs?A center-finder?Sounds like you're pretty well set up Hutch!Hey Sk, I do have all that. Looking to see if I have all the stuff for advanced tuning with the shooting machine.
Thanks

MLN1963
12-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Am I missing anything for tuning bows, arrows etc. ?

An employee, me!!!!!

gravedigger
12-11-2011, 02:12 PM
a high speed camera so you can see the bow release in slow motion.i know they cost a grip

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-11-2011, 02:19 PM
a high speed camera so you can see the bow release in slow motion.i know they cost a gripGood thought but ouch on price.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-11-2011, 02:22 PM
An employee, me!!!!!You're hired!! starting pay is a penny a week!:pLOL

Would be fun Mark but we wouldn't get any customers bows done. With our bows in the machine.:rolleyes:

archerdad
12-11-2011, 02:46 PM
how about arrow spine program to help with arrow tuning and setup? that save me a ton of time and money

MLN1963
12-11-2011, 02:48 PM
You're hired!! starting pay is a penny a week!:pLOL

Would be fun Mark but we wouldn't get any customers bows done. With our bows in the machine.:rolleyes:

I know how to work when it's needed. :cool: I'll have to decline at a penny per week as that won't cover the daily commute costs.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-11-2011, 03:21 PM
how about arrow spine program to help with arrow tuning and setup? that save me a ton of time and moneyYep I knew I forgot something a computer program for chronograph and arrows. Thanks archerdad!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-11-2011, 03:23 PM
I know how to work when it's needed. :cool: I'll have to decline at a penny per week as that won't cover the daily commute costs.2 pennies a week!;)

ElkSlayer
12-11-2011, 04:01 PM
any video cam may help.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-11-2011, 04:05 PM
any video cam may help.True I guess I will have to add that to the list.

Money Man
12-11-2011, 07:43 PM
I know archerdad covered computer programs, but what about a spine tester? Some way to check straightness too?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-12-2011, 12:20 AM
I know archerdad covered computer programs, but what about a spine tester? Some way to check straightness too?That too! MM

bfisher
12-12-2011, 02:35 AM
And when, with all those tools and gadgets, you run out of options keep a 12# sledge hammer close by. LOL.

gravedigger
12-12-2011, 05:22 AM
And when, with all those tools and gadgets, you run out of options keep a 12# sledge hammer close by. LOL.

yes,yes what he said. and a few rolls of duct tapelol

MLN1963
12-12-2011, 05:46 AM
Not if you are working on my bow mister!

elkslayer4x5
12-12-2011, 05:48 AM
Incadesent lighting for the chronograph?

ElkSlayer
12-12-2011, 07:25 AM
still need a employee... that .02 come with benies , room an board perhaps all turkey a guy can shoot... must be something....lmao

bfisher
12-12-2011, 07:46 AM
still need a employee... that .02 come with benies , room an board perhaps all turkey a guy can shoot... must be something....lmao

If I weren't married and have grandkids that would be much more tempting. Especially the room and board notion. I'd even supply the sledge hammer.

ElkSlayer
12-12-2011, 09:46 AM
If I weren't married and have grandkids that would be much more tempting. Especially the room and board notion. I'd even supply the sledge hammer.

me to, but she might enjoy the quiet time... and i have files I can get anything to fit ..no need fer duct tape....lmao:rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

Spiker
12-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Insurance is always a must when you have a shop full of other people's things.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Insurance is always a must when you have a shop full of other people's things.Ain't that the truth!!

bowgramp59
12-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Yep I knew I forgot something a computer program for chronograph and arrows. Thanks archerdad!

just eyeball it hutch !

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Okay here we go!
1. Paper tuning rack
3. Draw weight scale
4. Arrow weight scale
7. video cam h speed
8. Insurance
9. 0T2 program
10.spine tester/ arrow spinner
11. lighting

Ouch this is gonna hurt the wallet.

Skbengal
12-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Seeing as your going all in Hutch,you know,in for a penny in for a pound.I think your going to need a hundred yard indoor range!Blow out that basement wall and let the reno's begin!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-12-2011, 01:06 PM
Seeing as your going all in Hutch,you know,in for a penny in for a pound.I think your going to need a hundred yard indoor range!Blow out that basement wall and let the reno's begin!Would love too! But it looks like 20yards 4 lanes wide is all I have in the basement. I have 70 to 80 yards out side though.

Double S
12-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Would love too! But it looks like 20yards 4 lanes wide is all I have in the basement. I have 70 to 80 yards out side though.

I did look into insurance when I and some farmers tried to put a Archery club together. We needed insurance to cover damage, theft to our equipment, Targets, etc. plus if you have arrows flying, you'll need it for liability purposes. Some county ordinances actually require that you have a certain amount of coverage or you cannot open shop. We never got our club together...too much bickering. I don't know if your thinking about having a public range but IBO and the other Organizations will cover your insurance if you hold at least one sanctioned event.

But one thing is that the range must be a certain measurement for it to be used. We had a Shop in Spokane that actually had to change locations just to make sure that the range was legal. The range they were using wasn't high enough for safety reason.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Well Double S, we are only using it for our tuning bows and arrows purposes. I wouldn't mind having a shooting range for public. But right now we are going to do strings, an advance tuning. Once I get that going we will see about selling arrows and components. To much to fast is how most companies fail. My last business was in the bicycle business. It was a good business but we grew to fast and I decided it was better to get out of it before it consumed me.

Money Man
12-12-2011, 07:20 PM
Okay here we go!
1. Paper tuning rack
3. Draw weight scale
4. Arrow weight scale
7. video cam h speed
8. Insurance
9. 0T2 program
10.spine tester/ arrow spinner
11. lighting

Ouch this is gonna hurt the wallet.

I hate to hurt your wallet anymore, but I don't see a press on here. Hopefully you either already have one, or are just going to work on Martins. Don't kill the messenger:)

MLN1963
12-12-2011, 08:09 PM
I hate to hurt your wallet anymore, but I don't see a press on here. Hopefully you either already have one, or are just going to work on Martins. Don't kill the messenger:) Yep, some bows need some expensive presses. However, knowing what I do about Hutch he will likely build one. I think Don B makes some items he might be interested in (fingers).

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-13-2011, 12:26 AM
I hate to hurt your wallet anymore, but I don't see a press on here. Hopefully you either already have one, or are just going to work on Martins. Don't kill the messenger:)Thanks MM I have one I made 5 years ago. I am going to up grade it though.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-13-2011, 12:30 AM
Yep, some bows need some expensive presses. However, knowing what I do about Hutch he will likely build one. I think Don B makes some items he might be interested in (fingers).You are right I have one built from 5 years ago. I will be converting to a linear (fingers) press at some point.

bowgramp59
12-13-2011, 06:18 AM
I did look into insurance when I and some farmers tried to put a Archery club together. We needed insurance to cover damage, theft to our equipment, Targets, etc. plus if you have arrows flying, you'll need it for liability purposes. Some county ordinances actually require that you have a certain amount of coverage or you cannot open shop. We never got our club together...too much bickering. I don't know if your thinking about having a public range but IBO and the other Organizations will cover your insurance if you hold at least one sanctioned event.

But one thing is that the range must be a certain measurement for it to be used. We had a Shop in Spokane that actually had to change locations just to make sure that the range was legal. The range they were using wasn't high enough for safety reason.

we tried it for a while ,had several members . like you said to much bickering , and acouple of men with the dirtiest mouths ,there where childern & women there, so i quit & in a couple months it closed.