PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Martin

Unregistered
10-10-2007, 06:30 AM
I am very sad to say that I have had to stop using Martin bows. Not because they are bad (I love em) but becuase its impossible to get decent service in the UK.

I've shot Martin bows for 17 years, but recently have had a number of very poor adjustments made to the bow by the shop resulting in a damaged bow. The shop will not accept responsibility saying it was my fault, which is just rubbish. There is one, maybe two Martin suppliers in the UK and with all the crap that has gone on Its easier for me to switch brands, this allows me a wide choice of service/support.

I hope at some point I will be able to buy another Martin again with confidence, but until that time, so long, all the best, see ya sometime.

the ratfighter
10-19-2007, 06:10 AM
I am very sad to say that I have had to stop using Martin bows. Not because they are bad (I love em) but becuase its impossible to get decent service in the UK.

I've shot Martin bows for 17 years, but recently have had a number of very poor adjustments made to the bow by the shop resulting in a damaged bow. The shop will not accept responsibility saying it was my fault, which is just rubbish. There is one, maybe two Martin suppliers in the UK and with all the crap that has gone on Its easier for me to switch brands, this allows me a wide choice of service/support.

I hope at some point I will be able to buy another Martin again with confidence, but until that time, so long, all the best, see ya sometime.

I'm in the UK and I sympathise with you, in that Martin haven't got any real dealer network. I'm being very careful how I word this but I wonder what process Martin used to allocate dealerships in the UK. I spoke direct with Martin and they were insistent that I went through the approved retailers. i personally would have liked more freedom of choice!

astrostar
10-19-2007, 11:21 AM
hi!

same thing here, in Portugal, i think even more dramatic as i belive there are no dealers at all.
I would like to increase DL and Im looking for some 2 1/2 flite wheels, cant find any on internet and after and email sent to martin asking for european dealers no answer till now.
Im faced with a huge lack of tech info about martin older bows, maybe im wrong, if so, my apoligies.

regards

37macca
10-21-2007, 05:49 PM
Hi,
I'm having the same problem in Australia. It is so bad I'm nearly ready to throw the Pantera to the Crocs. It has been back to shop once 2300kms away and came back still not fixed. It so bad to get good service these days. So ready to buy a Alpine bow.