PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Pantera and Bengal

archerx7
12-12-2011, 06:11 AM
Just got these 2 bows in and plan on doing complete reviews on both for you guys as time allows.

Initial out of the box, the new Next Vista camo is well done. The Vista film appears to be a little heavier than the past G1 film dip and coverage was very good, really couldn't find any flaws in it.

Out of the box, both bows were exactly at advertised A2A lengths and were each an 1/8" short on brace.

Machining on both the risers and cams was quite good, very few machine marks were visible on either bow and you had to be really looking for them to notice.

The Fury XT cams have 3 seperate posts for the buss cable to attach, one is marked standard, one is marked -10 and the other is marked -20, this is to accomodate the large draw weight range we have seen advertised. Draw length is adjusted by an inner rotating module and the outer draw stop peg, no more seperate mods for each draw length.

The Bengal came with the green roto cups and bezels while the Pantera had black ones. The green ones actually look quite good with the Next Vista camo and the green limb logos.

The Hammer head strings appear to be a bit better made than last year and come with 2 bowjax on the string and one on the buss cable, the string also has 6 speed nocks installed near the cam, something not seen on previous single cam models from Martin.

I will get these setup with a rest and get some numbers and pics put up for you guys, let me know which bow you prefer to see first as I'll be pretty busy today, but will be around most all day tomorrow.

bfisher
12-12-2011, 07:37 AM
Thanks for that, but you do understand that a couple pics of each from different angles would be almost required. I'm particularly interested in seeing how the STS and cable rod are attached to the riser. Just from the sound of your initial observation the quality issue maybe improving. That would be good.

gravedigger
12-12-2011, 09:35 AM
Bengal-bengal-bengal-bengal-bengal-bengal-bengal-bengal=bengal-bengal-bengal-bengal-bengal-bengal-bengal-bengal

oh ya did i say

bengal

thank you

ElkSlayer
12-12-2011, 09:55 AM
Nice review.. So lets see the Pantera...Digger can wait since he has to yell....lol oh yes pictures are needed.

HawgEnvy
12-12-2011, 11:08 AM
i think GD wanted to see the Bengal. i don't remember for sure,though. Either for me as I'd be more interested in the Prowler Pro or Exile Pro.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Just got these 2 bows in and plan on doing complete reviews on both for you guys as time allows.

Initial out of the box, the new Next Vista camo is well done. The Vista film appears to be a little heavier than the past G1 film dip and coverage was very good, really couldn't find any flaws in it.

Out of the box, both bows were exactly at advertised A2A lengths and were each an 1/8" short on brace.

Machining on both the risers and cams was quite good, very few machine marks were visible on either bow and you had to be really looking for them to notice.

The Fury XT cams have 3 seperate posts for the buss cable to attach, one is marked standard, one is marked -10 and the other is marked -20, this is to accomodate the large draw weight range we have seen advertised. Draw length is adjusted by an inner rotating module and the outer draw stop peg, no more seperate mods for each draw length.

The Bengal came with the green roto cups and bezels while the Pantera had black ones. The green ones actually look quite good with the Next Vista camo and the green limb logos.

The Hammer head strings appear to be a bit better made than last year and come with 2 bowjax on the string and one on the buss cable, the string also has 6 speed nocks installed near the cam, something not seen on previous single cam models from Martin.

I will get these setup with a rest and get some numbers and pics put up for you guys, let me know which bow you prefer to see first as I'll be pretty busy today, but will be around most all day tomorrow.As always Jim top notch review and very well explained. Thanks.

Hutch:cool:

Spiker
12-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Another THANK YOU Jim!
...but it is quiting time for you and we aint seen no update or pics...
Sorry Man - I hadta...

96xjclassic
12-12-2011, 02:52 PM
I can't wait to see and hear more about the pantera! Thanks for the awesome reviews.

MLN1963
12-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Just to piss Gravedigger and his renamed RidgeHunter off, I would like to see the Pantera review first. :cool:

tvs
12-13-2011, 01:13 AM
just got my bow to shoot lot of impovement great new cam would love to see larger ilder wheel only have about 40 shoot

ElkSlayer
12-13-2011, 06:20 AM
Just to piss Gravedigger and his renamed RidgeHunter off, I would like to see the Pantera review first. :cool:

looks like your out voted Digger.....lol

gravedigger
12-13-2011, 06:27 AM
its all good.i will wait.after all the bengal is worth it;)

MLN1963
12-13-2011, 06:41 AM
You know I was just ribbing you Digger. I'm really not that much of an @$$ (no matter what my teenager says)! :cool:When I see a dirt cheap Bengal or Pantera for sale I might just buy it to play with that Fury XT cam.

archerx7
12-13-2011, 09:54 AM
its all good.i will wait.after all the bengal is worth it;)

Sorry GD........but the Pantera was actually the bow I've been waiting on since I saw the original specs on it.

Got some numbers on it now, just need to get the pics..........but I gotta run into town right now.......back in a couple hours.........

Barry, I'll be sure to get some pics of the STS mounting as well as some of the cam and mod setup, pretty slick setup.

droppixel
12-13-2011, 10:27 AM
Definitely interested and excited to hear about the Bengal. Can't wait dude.

MLN1963
12-13-2011, 10:46 AM
Got some numbers on it now, just need to get the pics..........but I gotta run into town right now.......back in a couple hours.........Jim
You are such a tease!

gravedigger
12-13-2011, 11:42 AM
Sorry GD........but the Pantera was actually the bow I've been waiting on since I saw the original specs on it.

Got some numbers on it now, just need to get the pics..........but I gotta run into town right now.......back in a couple hours.........

Barry, I'll be sure to get some pics of the STS mounting as well as some of the cam and mod setup, pretty slick setup.

its all good.im just happy to be getting some real world reviews on it.thanks for taking the time to get us some info.

archerx7
12-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Starting with the Pantera. Out of the box everything was adjusted very close to factory stated specs, the A2A was right on the money at 34" the brace was an 1/8" short, idler lean was very close and only took one twist in the right side yoke to get it perfectly staight. I decided to check the string and cable lengths and found the cable to be right on the money while the string was appox.an 1/8" long, put about 4 twists in it to bring it to spec and reinstalled both.

The model I have is a 70# model and actually maxed at 72.1# after adjusting the string length. As stated in my opening post there are 3 different posts on the cam for the buss cable to attach to, this is where they get both the draw weight and length adjustments from, along with the rotating mod.

With the cable set on the standard post and the mod set on the #1 position and the draw stop adjusted, the peak weight was 72.1# while the draw length came in at 27". I then moved the mod to the #5 position and adjusted the stop and ended up with a peak DW of 72.5 and DL of 31.5". I then moved the cable to the -10 post and got a peak DW of 60# and DL of 31", then moved the mod back to the #1 postion and got a DL of 26.5" while the DW stayed the same at 60#
For the last part of this test I moved the cable to the -20 post and got a 25" DL and 49# peak DW with the mod in the #1 position, I then moved the mod to the #5 position and sdjusted the stop and got a DL of 29.5" and a peak DW of 49.5#. Lots of adjustability with this cam.

For testing purposes I used a Limb Driver rest I had laying here. I adjusted the bow to my DL of 28.5" and due to some shoulder problems, I turned the DW down to 60.1#. I actually have my Onza set to 52# as 60#'s with the Nitro cams wears on my shoulder fairly quick.
The initial shot with the Pantera was actually a little disappointing as the bow was quite loud and had a good bit of vibration after the shot, not at all like the previous year Pantera. I replaced the stock BowJax 4 way bumper with a BowJax MacDaddy stopper and most of the noise disappeared although the vibration was still there, so I installed a BowJax Ultra string jax on the rest cord and the following shot was MUCH better, the bow was completely different, very quiet and the vibration was almost non exsistant. The addition of a good stabilizer would probably get rid of the rest of the vibration.

The draw cycle IMO lies somewhere between last years AcuTrak single cam and the Nitro cams as the DW builds quicker than the AcuTrak did but not quite as quick as the Nitro/Hybrix cams and transitions very well into a good valley that can be adjusted anywhere from very short to fairly long. I've never been a real big fan of single cams, but I really like the draw cycle and feel of this cam, thinking real hard right now about odering a 60# model for myself.

The fit, finish and overall feel of this bow is very good. The wood side plate inserts are a step up from last years inserts IMO. The carbon fiber STS is a very nice unit, well made, with lots of adjustability, and it looks darn good also. On the Pantera it mounts in the rear stabilizer location using the quick disconnect from last year. The only thing I found bad about the STS is the stock bumper is too stiff, i would swap it out for either the MacDaddy unit or the Limbsaver String Decelerator stopper.

Speeds..........I really don't like doing these, as they are subject to way too many variables such as different chronos, different lighting, how well the bow is tuned..etc...etc.., but I did run some arrows through my ProChrono Digital, which is very consistant from shot to shot, but is not what I would call an accurate unit, so take these numbers for what they are worth.......
I shot the bow setup to my specs, 28.5/60.1 using a Victory HV 400 weighing 301grs.....result averaged from 3 shots.....303fps
I then disreguarded what my shoulder was telling me and turned the draw weight up to 70.5 and used a Victory HV 350 weighing 354 grs. and got a 3 shot average of 307fps.

Heres a few pics.......

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt29/jhartline1/Pantera004.jpg

Notice the extra sight mount hole which will allow the sight to be mounted in either a low or high postion depending on a persons anchor point.
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt29/jhartline1/Pantera006.jpg

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt29/jhartline1/Pantera007.jpg

polaris754
12-13-2011, 01:46 PM
sitting on the porch,tapping foot ,being as patient as possible ,waiting for the drama to transpire,me bad ,and need a bengal, that new puppy looks awesome, :)

Spiker
12-13-2011, 01:57 PM
THANKS Jim - for all you do!!!

archerx7
12-13-2011, 02:04 PM
A few more pics...........

A view of the mod side of the cam shows the standard, -10 and -20 cable posts.....the -10 post is partially hidden by the limb.
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt29/jhartline1/Pantera008.jpg

mod side of cam with mod removed, notice the small silver post which keeps the mod from slipping.
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt29/jhartline1/Pantera013.jpg

cam side of mod, notice indents machined into mod that the cam post sits in.
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt29/jhartline1/Pantera011.jpg

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt29/jhartline1/Pantera012.jpg

96xjclassic
12-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Very nice review and thank-you.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-13-2011, 02:07 PM
As always thanks Jim! You certainly know your stuff! Anyone looking for a new bow Jim's the guy to go to!

Hutch:cool:

NuttyNative
12-13-2011, 02:11 PM
What happened to the Pantera as being the only Martin bow to come stock with cloaked cams? I do like the 34" ATA on it.

archerx7
12-13-2011, 02:15 PM
What happened to the Pantera as being the only Martin bow to come stock with cloaked cams? I do like the 34" ATA on it.

The Pantera no longer comes standard with cloaked cams, but they are an option for it, as well as most of the Martin bows.

MLN1963
12-13-2011, 03:33 PM
I thought the Pantera was supposed to be 35" A2A?

HawgEnvy
12-13-2011, 05:50 PM
the review is much appreciated. can't wait til i find one to shoot

ElkSlayer
12-13-2011, 06:12 PM
great job, well written. thanks for all the pictures.. :cool:

archerdad
12-13-2011, 06:43 PM
thanks for the pics and info.

bfisher
12-14-2011, 02:48 AM
Pretty good review with good pics. So if I'm seeing it right the STS is threaded and screws into a quick disconnect adaptor. I wonder if this could loosen up in time due to vibration from the string slapping it. I guess time will tell. I also see how they get that large adjustment for poundage and draw length; different pegs used which changes cam orientation. Kind of like the old days with different slots for the cables.

I'm impressed with the speed numbers given the shorter draw length you used. I would have to say that maybe, just maybe this cam will live up to the hype and get close to the IBO rating from the factory.

How do stated draw lengths measure for the different module settings. Are they close to the AMO lengths? I'm particularly imterested in draw lengths for the Scepter V if you plan on getting one in. I wish the industry standard were changed to True Draw. Forget adding that 1 3/4". Never going to happen.

droppixel
12-14-2011, 07:36 AM
Bengal TIME!

ElkSlayer
12-14-2011, 07:56 AM
I am with Barry Got a scepter V yet
OH ok show off the Bengal.....lol

archerx7
12-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Bengal TIME!
Yep, its Bengal time.

Out of the box, as stated in the opening post, A2A was dead on at 31" while the Brace was about an 1/8" short. Checked the DW and found it to be 75.6#, this is a 70# model so I pulled the string and cable to check the lengths, found the string to be right on the money while the cable was 3/16" short. Got the cable set to factory length and reinstalled and rechecked the DW, it was down to 73.4# but the brace and A2A were both nearly right on, so I left it at that, a little dissapointed that it peaked that high.

I installed the same rest that I had on the Pantera yesterday and set the bow to my specs, 28.5"/60.4#. The 1st shot was absolutly amazing, it felt much better than the 1st shot from the Pantera, almost zero vibration and the only noise was a light thunk from the 4 way stopper on the STS, I switched out the stopper for a MacDaddy and fired another 301 grain arrow, most of the thunk was gone so I loaded up a 370 gr hunting arrow and took a shot, the bow was as quiet as could be expected, the arrow hitting the target made far more noise than the Bengal did.

Mod settings, depending on how you want to look at it, either Martin has the incorrect DL specs listed and these are right on the money or they have the correct DL specs listed and the bow draws a 1/2" long. With the cable on the standard post and the mod set on the longest setting which is #5, the bow drew to an exact 31" AMO, on the #1 mod setting the bow drew to an exact 27" AMO. Either way, the bow set up on the standard post will draw from 27-31" in 1/2" increments and will be dead on AMO for each setting, using the draw stop you can fine tune the DL up a good bit or down just a little. Any way you look at it, the average sized archer will be able to get his exact DL dialed in. Because of time constraints, I didn't take the time to move the cable to the other 2 available posts, you can look back at the Pantera specs and get a pretty good idea where this bow will go to using the other posts.

Speeds, as I stated yesterday, I don't like doing these for the obvious reasons, but I made an exception again. Using the same 2 arrows as I used on the Pantera these are the results.......take them for what they are.

28.5"/60.1# with a 301gr arrow.......avg. 3 shot group....298fps
28.5"/70.4# with a 354gr arrow......avg. 3 shot group.....303fps
A little slower than the Pantera, but I didn't leave the chrono setup and may have gotten it in a slightly different location under the lights, even using the indoor light kit, the flourescent light will still have an effect on how a chrono performs. The Bengal, with its shorter A2A and string length should have stayed the same or did slightly better than the Pantera.

Fit and finish on this bow was also very good. The Next Vista pattern is much lighter than last years G1 pattern and has some nice colors to it, not real sure how I like it yet, but I'm sure the deer won't really care one way or the other.

The draw cycle was very similar to the Pantera, not real sure if I could tell the difference between the 2 if I drew them back to back blindfolded, and no........I'm not going to, so don't even bother asking. ;)

Heres a few pics.........

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt29/jhartline1/bengalpro005.jpg

The Bengal also has additional sight mounting holes this year
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt29/jhartline1/bengalpro001.jpg

The STS mounts in a drilled hole with dual set screws to hold it in place, similar to 09/10 models.
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt29/jhartline1/bengalpro006.jpg

archerx7
12-14-2011, 11:14 AM
........and a few more pics........

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt29/jhartline1/bengalpro008.jpg

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt29/jhartline1/bengalpro009.jpg

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt29/jhartline1/bengalpro003.jpg

gravedigger
12-14-2011, 11:35 AM
jim,great reviews.just top knotch.as much as i did like the bengal im likeing that cat up have up for sale a lot better.i did like the looks of the bengal from the shelf side but from the other it just looks un-finished.if it was cut out like the pantera the it might have gone on my list.

again a fine review from you and thanks for taking your own time to do this for us and all others to read.

here we are folke some real reviews from a real archerx7

polaris754
12-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Great job on the info archer ,soon as i can im getting a Bengal , i was hoping it was all it was said to be and it looks like it is, great job !on the report , cant wait to get one thanks again:)

96xjclassic
12-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Thanks for another great review. If you had to pick one out of the two, which would you choose?

BAMF
12-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Just bought the 2012 Pantera Magnum. Local Archery shop got it in yesterday. Paid $530.00 out the door. I really liked the long axle to axle length the Pantera provides. I shot the bowtech destroyer, carbin element from Hoyt, the PSE G3, and the Bear Carnage. I kept going back to the Pantera because I liked the feel and the price was right. Should be a HUGE upgrade from my PSE Fitzgerald. This is only my second bow, but my first Martin. From being a novice bow shooter, I liked how simple the bow looked and how it felt in my hand. The draw seemed smother to me then some of the $700-$800 bows. Thanks for your previous review, it really helped in my decision.

justin
12-14-2011, 03:51 PM
i think martin really stepped it up this up this year!! your bow should be something to brag about

ElkSlayer
12-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Once again well done ...Thanks

MLN1963
12-14-2011, 06:39 PM
I thought the Pantera was supposed to be 35" A2A?

Jim

Did you make a typo? The Pantera is supposed to be 35" A2A.

Spiker
12-14-2011, 06:56 PM
The website says 34"...

MLN1963
12-14-2011, 07:36 PM
You are correct, it does say 34" now, but I am positive it said 35" before. I think I even have a post somewhere about that. So either I made a mistake in length or Martin corrected one. If I made one I apologize for wasting your time looking it up. Bottom line, it is advertised and confirmed at 34" now.

Edit***

I am positive now that Martin corrected errors in the catalog. The Silencer and Cougar FC are now at 32.25" just like last year. I remember someone being miffed when I said I didn't think they would make a 1" riser change. They didn't fix the pictures of the cams when they were in there. Wierd?

gravedigger
12-14-2011, 07:54 PM
You are correct, it does say 34" now, but I am positive it said 35" before. I think I even have a post somewhere about that. So either I made a mistake in length of Martin corrected one. If I made one I apologize for wasting your time looking it up. Bottom line, it is advertised and confirmed at 34" now.

so what ya thinking about that rebadged ridge hunter,lol.im not so keen on it any more.just looks un finished

MLN1963
12-14-2011, 08:26 PM
so what ya thinking about that rebadged ridge hunter,lol.im not so keen on it any more.just looks un finished

I have never liked the looks of it. I honestly don't think that would change in person but you never know. I'm a function over form person so If I shot it and it tripped my trigger I could likely overlook the looks.

At this point I won't buy another new Martin, used at a smoking price? Quite possibly. I don't really believe that the Rytera line is superior in any way or has any better QC than Martin but if I was to buy a new Martin product it would likely be a Rytera just to see if there truly is any difference.

I'm looking at a few used bows since guys are dumping their 2010s and 2011s to get 2012s. If something seems to truly be a bargain I will snag it. I hope I can get as lucky as Hawgenvy always seems to be! I like my shooting my FC400 (not all the hassles it had) but since it is the only bow I've owned I don't know if there are better out there or not? :cool:

Money Man
12-15-2011, 03:59 AM
Jim,
Thanks for the reviews. You make it tough now. When the photos first came out, I liked the look of the Bengal, but saw the specs and it did not go to 31" so I looked more towards the Cougar FC, but now you say the DL goes to 31" Now I am stuck. Maybe a Cougar FC review is in the future?

bfisher
12-15-2011, 05:32 AM
Good job, Jim. So I notice some small things. I notice that the cable rod on Bengal mounts into one of those unsightly slots with two countersunk screws holding it in place. Does this, in your opinion, cause more than enough cable clearance for fletching? In other words, too much side load and the resulting cam lean/limb twist? Did you check the cam/idler lean? If so then a doglegged rod might be a better option. I usually look for no more than 1/8" clearance between cables and fletching and do not use high profile vanes like Blazers.

archerx7
12-15-2011, 06:15 AM
Good job, Jim. So I notice some small things. I notice that the cable rod on Bengal mounts into one of those unsightly slots with two countersunk screws holding it in place. Does this, in your opinion, cause more than enough cable clearance for fletching? In other words, too much side load and the resulting cam lean/limb twist? Did you check the cam/idler lean? If so then a doglegged rod might be a better option. I usually look for no more than 1/8" clearance between cables and fletching and do not use high profile vanes like Blazers.

Barry, Both the Pantera and Bengal use the same mounting method for the cable rod, and using a standard diameter carbon shaft fletched with blazers or similar high profile vanes, this setup gives just enough clearance when shooting cock vane in the up position, less than an 1/8". Using a small diameter carbon such as a Victory VAP this setup provides exactly an 1/8" clearance when shooting cock vane up.

I just checked for bottom cam lean on both bows, neither bow had any cam lean at brace. I don't really have any safe method to check it at full draw, so I can't comment on that. Out of the box, it only took one twist on the right side yoke of both bows to get the idler straight.

I would imagine that if someone was using a low profile vane and wanted to minimize the lateral pull on the cables, they could easily install an offset cable rod and adjust it for bare minimum clearance. The thing to remember here is that they design these bows for the masses, and most will be sold to hunters using a high profile vane or feather.

I would like to be able to give you and ES a review on the Scepter, but I don't have any on order and don't really plan on getting any in. I ordered 3 Shadowcats in 2010 and sold the 1st one in a few days, the other 2 hung around for almost a year, not enough demand anymore for bows over 36", the marketing genius's have everyone thinking they need a short bow to hunt with. I can still remember 6-7 years ago when 40" was considered short, now the best selling bows all have the same thing in common....... 32" or shorter A2A.

archerx7
12-15-2011, 06:34 AM
Jim

Did you make a typo? The Pantera is supposed to be 35" A2A.
Mark, No typo, the website as well as the print catalog has it listed as 34".

Thanks for another great review. If you had to pick one out of the two, which would you choose?
I really had decided on the Pantera initially..........now I'm not quite so sure. If I do get myself a new one this year.......I do know it will have the FuryXT cam on it, I really like this cam and I've never been a big fan of single cams.

jim,great reviews.just top knotch.as much as i did like the bengal im likeing that cat up have up for sale a lot better.i did like the looks of the bengal from the shelf side but from the other it just looks un-finished.if it was cut out like the pantera the it might have gone on my list.

again a fine review from you and thanks for taking your own time to do this for us and all others to read.

here we are folke some real reviews from a real archerx7

GD, I really didn't care much for the looks of the Bengal in print or online, but it looks much better in person. The flat area on the sight side of the riser will provide for a nice stable platform for mounting the sight, and the sight bracket should breakup the looks on that side of the riser.

bfisher
12-15-2011, 03:58 PM
Jim,

I won't hold it against you for not ordering a Scepter. In 2003 I filled in as a sales rep while being a shooter for Pearson. Meeting lots of dealers at the ATA show and later visiting them in my assigned area I came to understand more about the archery business. I came to appreciate the fact that the vast majority of shop owners are part time operators and are certainly never going to become wealthy in this business. I know you guys have to lay out your own money to buy bows and to recover that you have to order what is going to sell.

For what it's worth I remember the very early days of compounds in this area. Recurves were THE bow. Most notably brands like Hoyt Pro Medalist, Bear Take down, Black Widow and others. Many nay-sayers said they'd never shoot something as short as my 48" to 50" Jennings, Olympus, or Pearson compounds (1973-1979), saying there was no way they could be stable. Man-O-man, how things have changed. I remember doing some of my best shooting with a 1977 Jennings Arrowstar. Of course, maybe a younger body and eyes played a roll, too. LOL.

I've recently talked with the rep I shoot for and he only has about 4 sample bows at this time. I'll just wait till he gets them all and then get a good look at them all. Thanks for the reviews. I'm sure, by the amount of comments here, that they have piqued the interest of a few guys.

polaris754
12-15-2011, 04:08 PM

BENGAL!cant wait till i get he cash to get it ,i have a 1911 on order now soon as i am done with it its bengal time

SJunior
12-18-2011, 02:45 PM
It is in the works for a Bengal to be coming into this household. Should be ordering it in the next week or two.

ElkSlayer
12-19-2011, 06:32 AM
well congrats to you....my dealer has a pantera...been pesterin the wife but hummm new recurve - new compound...so many new toys

ClydeWigg3
01-16-2012, 04:23 AM
Good reviews. I'm waiting on my '12 Cougar to be shipped. Do you have any insite on what I can expect in this bow? I'm shooting 60 pounds at a 26.5 draw length. Any hope of getting close to 300 fps with a CX Maxima arrow? Never been really that concerned with speed, just thinking about trying to flatten out my shots a little.

archerx7
01-17-2012, 06:13 AM
Good reviews. I'm waiting on my '12 Cougar to be shipped. Do you have any insite on what I can expect in this bow? I'm shooting 60 pounds at a 26.5 draw length. Any hope of getting close to 300 fps with a CX Maxima arrow? Never been really that concerned with speed, just thinking about trying to flatten out my shots a little.

With a 26.5" DL......... there is no way to realistically hit the 300 mark, even using an arrow in IBO specs. With a 300gr arrow @60#'s and nothing at all on the string.......maybe about 285-290 with the bow in perfect tune.

noobie
02-11-2012, 05:58 PM
first time posting on any thing

I been looking for a real world review on the bangel. ty

I will have my new bangel this coming fri. and this is my first new bow in 20 years. My 10 year old girl got me back in to shooting again. She loves to shoot targets and want to go hunting with her new bow.

I was going with a mathews like my little girls but the person that sells mathews is not a very nice person. So i found this martin shop in wv. But any ways ty for the review on the bangel.

NuttyNative
02-11-2012, 07:52 PM
I sure wished the new Pantera came with the crazy Bengal Pro riser. That's a wicked looking bow but would be sweeter with a 34" ata :cool:

Thermodude
02-11-2012, 11:46 PM
My new Pantera is supposed to be delivered this coming Tuseday, Im like ah kid at Christmas! Gonna see what all its got and Ill be sure to post the results........with pics of course!!!

andy_camping
02-20-2012, 07:28 AM
My Bengal Pro is being delivered tomorrow...finding it difficult to work right now. Will post some pics once it's all set up.

Bengalshooter
02-20-2012, 06:39 PM
Just placed my order for a new Bengal Pro. Black, 70#, LH....cant wait to get it. I am new to Martin. Have been shooting for 20 years. Started with a PSE...went to a High Country...Been shooting a Mathews Q2xl for 10 years...Looked at several bows, but the Bengal Pro seemed like a great bow for the dollar. Feel like a kid at Christmas! :)

NuttyNative
02-20-2012, 07:11 PM
I was going with a mathews like my little girls but the person that sells mathews is not a very nice person.

It must be a prerequisite, we have the same snobbish attitude from "those" dealers (3) here. And that's too bad for the sport, they chase alot of good prospective customers/archers away while bad mouthing other manufacturers.

andy_camping
02-22-2012, 06:15 PM
Loving the Bengal Pro. Wow, bows are awesome these days. First new bow in over a decade and man you can tell the difference. The whitetails don't stand a chance this upcoming season. Thanks Jim (archerx7) for all the help. Advantage Archery Rules!!

wscywabbit
02-22-2012, 06:55 PM
NICE! I'm loving your new bow Andy, congrats!

Thermodude
02-22-2012, 10:23 PM
Sweet bow man congrats!

barryd
02-24-2012, 06:36 PM
I have a new bengal pro that bought last week black carbon good looking bow. Shot 5 arrows thru it loved the way it shot. I saw on the bottom cam a peace of the serving was lose. Took it to the local bow shop to get it fixed. The cam was bent were the string attaches. Oh the arrow weight is 430grains draw is 29 weight set at 70 Does any one know of any trouble with the cam on the new bows. Really like this Bow. Been a
Martin man for 30 years. A little bit disapointed

gravedigger
02-24-2012, 06:43 PM
I have a new bengal pro that bought last week black carbon good looking bow. Shot 5 arrows thru it loved the way it shot. I saw on the bottom cam a peace of the serving was lose. Took it to the local bow shop to get it fixed. The cam was bent were the string attaches. Oh the arrow weight is 430grains draw is 29 weight set at 70 Does any one know of any trouble with the cam on the new bows. Really like this Bow. Been a
Martin man for 30 years. A little bit disapointed

welcome to the forum
the fury xt is so new that any real problems have not come up(besides yours).im sure you know it will be takin care of.sorry for the issues.

droppixel
02-24-2012, 07:56 PM
Loving the Bengal Pro. Wow, bows are awesome these days. First new bow in over a decade and man you can tell the difference. The whitetails don't stand a chance this upcoming season. Thanks Jim (archerx7) for all the help. Advantage Archery Rules!!

Sweet rig! Gonna bust some major hump on my Martin video and have that Bengal sent to my house :p

Thermodude
02-25-2012, 06:49 AM
[QUOTE=barryd;83709]I have a new bengal pro that bought last week black carbon good looking bow. Shot 5 arrows thru it loved the way it shot. I saw on the bottom cam a peace of the serving was lose. Took it to the local bow shop to get it fixed. The cam was bent were the string attaches. Oh the arrow weight is 430grains draw is 29 weight set at 70 Does any one know of any trouble with the cam on the new bows. Really like this Bow. Been a
Martin man for 30 years. A little bit disapointed[/QUOTE

Im shooting a Pantera with the same cam, so far I havent had any problems............only thing Ive noticed is that there is such a wide range of adjustment with it that it really does take some time to find the exact sweet spot as far as draw length is concerned. Lots of tweeking. But having that much adjustment is a good thing.

Double S
02-25-2012, 07:01 AM
Congrats on your new bow andy. I think I hear all the deer in your area leaving the county!.

NuttyNative
02-25-2012, 04:50 PM
Wonder when the lefty's will be out? Might have to "adopt" a Pantera :cool:

droppixel
04-27-2012, 01:49 AM
Diggin' this bad boy up. I had my string replaced and noticed speed nocks were not installed on the replacement. Just wondering how important you might think they could be for performance with this cam?

Tosi
04-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Pantera-Pantera-Pantera-Pantera..... I love my Pantera....

droppixel
05-01-2012, 12:40 AM
Could any of the other 2012 Bengal owners do me a favor and measure the distance form the lobe of the cam to the first speed nock? Wanting try to these set back up in the right location.