PDA

View Full Version : Arrow Prep Question

coolsam402
12-12-2011, 02:54 PM
I shot off all of my vanes on my arrows, and today i went out and got some glue and new vanes for the arrows and my buddy gave me his jig to use. How to i prep my arrow shaft for putting new vanes on. I usually have the shop do it but i didnt want to pay 10 bucks and wait a week.

Thanks
Sam.

CKI
12-12-2011, 03:17 PM
what i do is take a DULL razor blade ... get all the other old glue off ... put some acetone on a rag and clean thoroughly ... then your all ready to go! which type of glue are you using?

jeff m
12-12-2011, 03:21 PM
rubbing alicohal maybe

MLN1963
12-12-2011, 06:07 PM
I shot off all of my vanes on my arrows, and today i went out and got some glue and new vanes for the arrows and my buddy gave me his jig to use. How to i prep my arrow shaft for putting new vanes on. I usually have the shop do it but i didnt want to pay 10 bucks and wait a week.Thanks Sam. Congrats on your best post ever! I can actually understand it. Good job!

bfisher
12-13-2011, 06:05 AM
rubbing alicohal maybe

Don't use isprophyl rubbing alcohol. It has oils in it. Drug store should have 91% or denatured alcohol. This what you want. Once you remove the old fletching and glue scuff up the surface with a pad of Scotchbrite. Then clean the shaft with the alcohol. Acetone works, too, but don't soak the shaft in acetone. Just wipe it down real good.

ElkSlayer
12-13-2011, 06:19 AM
Don't use isprophyl rubbing alcohol. It has oils in it. Drug store should have 91% or denatured alcohol. This what you want. Once you remove the old fletching and glue scuff up the surface with a pad of Scotchbrite. Then clean the shaft with the alcohol. Acetone works, too, but don't soak the shaft in acetone. Just wipe it down real good.

Doh.... knew something was wrong..... forgot that it has oil in it thanks Barry

elkslayer4x5
12-13-2011, 07:24 AM
I shot off all of my vanes on my arrows, and today i went out and got some glue and new vanes for the arrows and my buddy gave me his jig to use.? How to i prep my arrow shaft for putting new vanes on. I usually have the shop do it but i didnt want to pay 10 bucks and wait a week.

Thanks
Sam.

Congrats on your best post ever! I can actually understand it. Good job!

And it's even punctuated, mostly.

MLN1963
12-13-2011, 09:43 AM
And it's even punctuated, mostly.

He's made a vast improvement so I'm cutting him some slack. Especially since I don't do everything perfect myself. :cool:

elkslayer4x5
12-14-2011, 06:10 AM
And it's even puncuated, mostly.

Whoops! Just can't slip anything past you guys. :o