PDA

View Full Version : Anybody getting any gear for Christmas

Simple Life
12-14-2011, 12:06 PM
So have you all been good :rolleyes:and getting any goodies for christmas?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-14-2011, 12:10 PM
Before Christmas gear. I have a Chronograph I have to pick up tomorrow. A tripod on its way. A few other small things. This is just to start with. Yee haaa!

Hutch:cool:

Speedykills
12-14-2011, 01:13 PM
I got myself a seeker 360.

No not really.

bowgramp59
12-14-2011, 04:40 PM
not me i'm always the giver not the reciever! got 6 grandkids , do i have to say more?

gravedigger
12-14-2011, 04:58 PM
i was going to get some hutch string,new rest and some arrows...but today i just droped 688.00 on a new set of winter tires for my wifes 09 civic.its for the wife and kids so they can drive safe in the snow and ics..so im a happy camper.

bowgramp59
12-14-2011, 05:07 PM
i was going to get some hutch string,new rest and some arrows...but today i just droped 688.00 on a new set of winter tires for my wifes 09 civic.its for the wife and kids so they can drive safe in the snow and ics..so im a happy camper.

had to do that 2 months ago, seems like there is always something. but like you said i want my wife and grandkids to be safe, me to i ride and drive it myself.

gravedigger
12-14-2011, 05:10 PM
had to do that 2 months ago, seems like there is always something. but like you said i want my wife and grandkids to be safe, me to i ride and drive it myself.

i dont drive the car.its way to new for me.lol.i like my 88 4runner on 35" bfg km2.it does great in all conditions.just a pain to get the kids in and out of.

bowgramp59
12-15-2011, 03:32 AM
i dont drive the car.its way to new for me.lol.i like my 88 4runner on 35" bfg km2.it does great in all conditions.just a pain to get the kids in and out of.

i only drive the car when i go to the big city, my kick around & and hunting rig is a 1998 nissan frontier 2 wheel dr. pickup. when it is muddy which isn't very often here i stay at the house. it has been wet for the past week, haven't been in the popup blind for over a week now, maybe tommorrow.

Money Man
12-15-2011, 04:07 AM

ouch! Makes me happy to have family in the tire business. Those tires are a bit spendy, but probably the best thing you can do for winter driving.

elkslayer4x5
12-15-2011, 05:05 AM
Don't know if I'm getting any gear, but I'm giving some. :D

gravedigger
12-15-2011, 05:23 AM
ouch! Makes me happy to have family in the tire business. Those tires are a bit spendy, but probably the best thing you can do for winter driving.
yep and a good set at that.this is whet i got, http://www.michelinman.com/tire-selector/category/winter/x-ice-xi2/tire-details

Don't know if I'm getting any gear, but I'm giving some. :D

dont your g-kids and son come on here.....your allready giveing the suprise away.lol

Don B
12-15-2011, 05:29 AM
Me getting anything, nope.
My wife and I stopped exchanging gifts along time ago, just do the stocking thing now.
We have a few nephews and neices, my grandson and son to get stuf for though.
My son got a Shadowcat for a combo brithday, x-mas gift this year so he made out.
Don.

elkslayer4x5
12-15-2011, 07:10 AM
dont your g-kids and son come on here.....your allready giveing the suprise away.lol

Never much of a surprize from me, every one knows that I make gear, the real surprize would be if I gave them the sewing machine ! :)

gravedigger
12-15-2011, 07:22 AM
Never much of a surprize from me, every one knows that I make gear, the real surprize would be if I gave them the sewing machine ! :)

thats funny.last week i bought my M-I-L a 400.00 sewing machine from walmart.it does all kind of good stuff.you can hook it up to you puter and it will sew what ever you download on it.check it out.and i still have to buy my wife one to.thats why i have been working 7 days a week for the past 3 weeks and no day off till x-mas.:(
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Brother-Computerized-Sewing-and-Embroidery-Machine-SE-400/14237607

i just seen walmart dropd the price 60.00,going to see if we can get the diff...if not im returning it and buying it for 339.00.

droppixel
12-16-2011, 09:25 AM
I sure as heck hope so, got some stuff I'd really like and don't know how I could be any more obvious about it. Chances are I won't get any of it from anyone in my family which is something I just gotta get used to =(

Double S
12-16-2011, 10:04 AM
I told the wife not to spend too much on me. She did buy me a Bow vise off of ebay. I picked it out. We don't like to return surprise gifts back to the store or pay more for return shipping. She might buy me a full Bow re-dipping for my Nemesis after Christmas. It's mainly about our son on Christmas.

Sharxfan
12-16-2011, 11:36 AM
I am taking the wife out tomorrow to buy here a DSLR camera that she has wanted for awhile. Once that is done I am buying myself a new upper for my AR in 5.56. Not getting to much more bow stuff as I am good at the moment. I got the wife a sewing machine a few years ago and warlier this year we got her some dressmaking dummies.

bowgramp59
12-24-2011, 04:50 PM
i will have to retract my reply earlier in this post, i got a new recliner to park my tired but in after a hard day out shooting my bow. didn't have a clue! it was needed my old one has seen better days, but i just got it broke in, i've had it for about 10 years you should have seen what we vacumed out of it , popcorn, cookie crumbs, finger nail files, i could have sworn that i cleaned that thing the other day! merry christmas all !

NuttyNative
12-25-2011, 01:27 PM
Don't know if most would call this gear, but I sure do. It's a Deptartment of Wildlife detailed map with the location of every guzzler and known water hole in Nevada.
It says 2008 but has the current updates inside in a pull out. Mrs. Santa was good to me :cool:
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh268/Nuttynative/Christmas2011118.jpg

bowgramp59
12-25-2011, 05:41 PM
what kind of quail are those, we have bob whites & scaled or as we call them blue quail or blues.

NuttyNative
12-25-2011, 05:49 PM
what kind of quail are those, we have bob whites & scaled or as we call them blue quail or blues.
Not really sure, I don't do any bird hunting. I've never heard them called anthing specific, only quail.

Double S
12-25-2011, 09:26 PM
I didn't want much for Christmas. I spoiled my wife and son though. I was very happy with the Ebay Bow vise I received. I also have some Bow tuning levels on their way to me.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/Bowvise.jpg