PDA

View Full Version : Onza 3

vthokee
12-17-2011, 04:34 AM
I have a question on the Onza 3, I am looking to get a new bow and I have found several Onza3's online for sale at a good price. They all state that they are shipped direct from mfr. The ones pictured have the TRG system pictured but from what I have been reading it sounds like they have switched back to the traditional cable slide system. Can anyone comment/confirm this for me??

Thanks

Simple Life
12-17-2011, 04:55 AM
Welcome to the forum.If it is coming from Martin I would suspect they have changed the TRG out.But not 100% sure of this.Even if it did come with the TRG,a call to Martin or dealer and parts can be oredered.Pretty easy swap of it.

SL

vthokee
12-17-2011, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the info.... I usually post on Archery Talk but lately have not been happy with the forum as much. I've seen some good info on this forum so far. I will probably go ahead and order it and hopefully get it ready for a early January hunt.

ElkSlayer
12-17-2011, 08:41 AM
welcome to The forum... we too are AT users.. you just rarely find us there:cool:

vthokee
12-17-2011, 08:55 AM
So other than a different riser what is really different between the Onza and the Silencer? I am looking at a bow for primarily for hunting and 3d shoots. I am not really familar with Martin bows. I have kinda overlooked them in the past but as I am older and wiser I can get the same bang for less bucks with Martin.

ElkSlayer
12-17-2011, 09:05 AM
Onza is a nitro hybrid pro cams ,and the silencer comes that way Or single fury xt cam that has great reviews on here by archerx7 in his bengal pantera thread..

ElkSlayer
12-17-2011, 09:07 AM
here http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/showthread.php?21794-2012-Pantera-and-Bengal

elkslayer4x5
12-17-2011, 09:14 AM
The Onza 3 was one of the more popular bow of Martins 2011 line up, sure are a lot of happy Onza 3 owners posting here. As for AT, well, we find this board to be less antagonistic and way more infomitive. Stick around, post up and get to know the regulars here. The guys here are willing to share their knowledge, without trying to convert you to their beliefs. :)

SJunior
12-17-2011, 09:16 AM
If it was made after June of 2011 it will come with the rod/slide and sts. If not you'd just have to contact Martin to replace the TRG.

When I bought my Silencer I was also looking at the Onza 3 and also the Firecat. The Silencer and Firecat were so close in specs that it was the price tag that made the decision for me. Would still like to shoot the Onza for comparison though. If it's as smooth and fast as the Silencer (which I have no doubt it is) it will definitely satisfy.

ElkSlayer
12-17-2011, 09:19 AM
SJunior, what cam did you go with

SJunior
12-17-2011, 06:35 PM
SJunior, what cam did you go with

Mine is a 2011 so it came with the Nitro 2.0 cams.
Too bad they don't have the 2012 Bengal in a 2 cam. I'd order one in a heart beat.

Sorry to get off topic.