PDA

View Full Version : Cam comparison

MIKEE
12-17-2011, 11:42 AM
I currently shoot a Cheetah 2010 model with the Accu Trac 2 cam,,,,,,,,,,,,I am intersted in the 2012 Prowler with the new Fury Cam and was interested to find out how the two compare .I really like the way my Cheetah pulls and holds,,,it's very smooth and solid.I only pull 55 lbs.

HawgEnvy
12-17-2011, 11:47 AM
Sounds like the new cam system is a bit better. Here's a link to a recent review of the Pantera and Bengal with the new cam.
http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/showthread.php?21794-2012-Pantera-and-Bengal

MIKEE
12-17-2011, 12:02 PM
I have read that review and could not find any comments that talk about the new Fury cam and/or how it would compare to the Accuu Trac,,,but I do appreciate your reply.

HawgEnvy
12-17-2011, 01:21 PM
not in comparison to the accu-track,but the thread has pics and full description of cam adjustments for the Fury XT cam. That is the single cam used on the 2012 line,including the Prowler Pro.

archerx7
12-17-2011, 08:31 PM
Sounds like the new cam system is a bit better. Here's a link to a recent review of the Pantera and Bengal with the new cam.
http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/showthread.php?21794-2012-Pantera-and-Bengal

I have read that review and could not find any comments that talk about the new Fury cam and/or how it would compare to the Accuu Trac,,,but I do appreciate your reply.

Post #18 - paragraph 5.......I gave a brief desciption of the draw cycle compared to the AcuTrak and Nitro cams. If you are looking for anything specific......let me know and I'll try to help out the best I can as I still have a Ridge Hunter here with the Acu Trak cam.

elkslayer4x5
12-18-2011, 07:37 AM
Post #18 - paragraph 5.......I gave a brief desciption of the draw cycle compared to the AcuTrak and Nitro cams. If you are looking for anything specific......let me know and I'll try to help out the best I can as I still have a Ridge Hunter here with the Acu Trak cam.

Could you give us a comparison between the Acu Trak cam and the Fury XT cam?

MIKEE
12-19-2011, 03:10 AM
Yes,,,,a comparison would be good,,,,,,does it pull as smooth? (draw cycle) does it hold as solid?letoff? performance between the two?

MLN1963
12-19-2011, 05:25 AM
Over Simplified: Anytime the speed increases (FPS) you are going to have to pull little harder sooner. It is an "area under the curve" situation. To get more speed you will need to hit the peak draw weight sooner. EG if you draw the Accu-Trak at 70 pound draw weight and 30" draw length you may hit the full 70# DW at 20" into the draw cycle. To get more speed you will need to hit that peak DW sooner so you may hit 70# at 15" DL. This gives you more time at 70# so it will sling your arrow faster.

My guess is the Fury XT is going to fall in between the Accu-Trak and Nitro/Hybrix cams in terms of draw cycle. It will come in a little faster than the Accu-Trak and feel a little more aggressive but not much.

MIKEE
12-19-2011, 06:13 AM
Thats a good answer,,,,,,just going to have to shoot one before I buy