PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Martin Tracer LT Bow String (Left Handed)

tja
12-17-2011, 06:15 PM
Went down to draw my bow this evening and found everything coiled up ... the string broke.

I believe it is a 86.5" and a 35" string...

Can I buy any string ... or does it have to be from Martin

Thanks,

tja

Money Man
12-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Send Hutch a PM or email. I had the same thing happen to me and he set me up nice . Here is a link to a thread he started: http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/showthread.php?11745-Custom-strings-for-sale!&highlight=strings+sale

HawgEnvy
12-18-2011, 05:54 AM
2 thumbs up for Hutch. He does excellent work.

elkslayer4x5
12-18-2011, 07:19 AM
Any string maker can make a string for your bow, and most of them already have the measurements, but I know that you'll be very pleased with a Hutch and son string.

tja
12-18-2011, 08:31 AM
Fellows,

Thanks much for the info...I just e-mailed Hutch.

This is a 2003 model...small and a perfect fit...I really do not want a new bow.

Let you know how it goes...

tja

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Welcome to the forum tja, I emailed you back with all the info. Great forum to be on and the crew on here can help you any way you need.

Hutch:cool:

tja
12-23-2011, 05:43 PM
Hutch...got the string...awesome. thanks much.

...have no pics and it is not so intuitive...does anyone have some pics of the fuzion cam that I can look at and figure out how to install this new string?

thanks in advance...

tja
:confused:

Money Man
12-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Hutch...got the string...awesome. thanks much.

...have no pics and it is not so intuitive...does anyone have some pics of the fuzion cam that I can look at and figure out how to install this new string?

thanks in advance...

tja
:confused:

I have a fuzion cam and some pics in my album in my profile. I don't know if they will help. If they do not, PM me and I can take other pics. Just let me know what you want to see.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-23-2011, 08:34 PM
I have a fuzion cam and some pics in my album in my profile. I don't know if they will help. If they do not, PM me and I can take other pics. Just let me know what you want to see.Yeah MM your pics should be good for showing the routing. If not here is a the bow manual for a fusion set up it works for a 03 as well
http://www.martinarchery.com/manuals/2002_Martin_Compound_Bow_Manual.pdf

tja
12-26-2011, 12:23 PM
not to be a noob or anything, but I finally got it on the bow correctly.

How do I know if I have the right amount of twist in the new string?

Thanks,

tja

gravedigger
12-26-2011, 12:28 PM
not to be a noob or anything, but I finally got it on the bow correctly.

How do I know if I have the right amount of twist in the new string?

Thanks,

tja

with out taking the string and cable back off and measuring to make sure it is in specs,you can measure ATA,brace and tiller to see if the bow is back to specs.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-26-2011, 12:55 PM
with out taking the string and cable back off and measuring to make sure it is in specs,you can measure ATA,brace and tiller to see if the bow is back to specs.GD is correct! Measuring the ATA will give you the right preload on the limbs. Brace height at the specs and tiller then you should be good to go. Do all this with the limb bolts bottomed out.

tja
12-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Well, I think I am pretty close to done.

I took it to a local bowshop that handles Martin bows to put the peep sight in...and to make sure the string was routed correctly...etc.

I warned my son that the man (owner) there is not very nice...but very good I walked in the door and he said "there is a Model T" (speaking of my 2003 Tracer LT. I told him the price is right (free) and I like it...it is my little killing machine :). He commenced to tell me the bowstring was not made correctly (from Hutch...not true...it is perfect). He did convinced me that my draw length was too ling...I had a F3 module on there...he put a F2 on there for me (charged me $15 for the F2 and kept my F3). He asked me for one of my "straight" arrows (from BassPro) and put it on his arrow checker and told me it was off at the end. I told him at 25 yards I am shooting 2-3" groups and the lung of a deer is 8" in diameter. Moot point. After he put the peep in, I went back to the 20 yard range and had a local shooter (very nice older fellow) watch the trajectory/flight. He said they flew perfect. Good thing - I am not sure I could have handled a paper-tune with that mean guy.

I still have to get used to the 1" less draw; but that is cool. May have to tweak a little on the sight pin and/or the peep...but I am pretty close to getting back in the woods here in Maryland.

Side Note: Things are going to be pretty bad for me to go back to that bowshop. He was so arrogant and insulting...I hope I never treat anyone that way...

Hutch, thanks for the string. Very nice quality and workmanship.

To all, thanks for all of the help and support, you all are awesome,

tja
Baltimore, Md.

Money Man
12-28-2011, 12:31 PM
well if you need to go back to the F3, just get the whole set from Martin for $13 and do it yourself, or find someone who has one that they don't need. Hope you can learn enough here not to have to deal with that shop again. Good luck.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-28-2011, 12:32 PM
Well tja, if I get that miserable, shoot me and use me as an old bag target. I hope all goes well for you and your Model T. Any problems with the built wrong string, pm me and you can do it all over again.