PDA

View Full Version : Sighting in problem

Unregistered
10-17-2007, 04:26 PM
my son bought a new martin bow this past spring. The problem we are having is every time he shoots it the sights are off. we sight in again the next time its off. It always needs the sights to move down. we are running out of movement on the sights. The sights and its mounting bracket screws are all tight. the peep is sown in and dosen't move. I don't know what else it could be. this is the first Martin someone in my family has had. I thinking we made a mistake buying it. I never had this kind of problem with any other bows I've owned. Any Ideas would be appreciated.

bfisher
10-17-2007, 08:00 PM
How about checking the nocking point or ceneter serving one or the other could be moving up the string which would make it shoot low.

What kind of rest is being used? If it'sd a drop away then the cord tied to the down cable cold be slipping up which would keep the rest from raising up all the way. Same results. The bow will shoot low.

It has to be something like this. I would state with reasonable certainty that the bow is not at fault.

flytier17
10-18-2007, 08:38 AM
Is his anchor point consistent? I anchor by feeling the top of a muscle in the back of my jaw with my knuckle. If I got excited or stressed while shooting, I had a tendency to drop my jaw, resulting in my anchor moving higher, which in turn resulted in downwards-moving groups. I solved this problem by conciously closing my jaw.

Also, if he gets tired after shooting for a while, he might not be drawing the bow to the wall, letting it creep forward a bit. This will also cause a group to move down, but not very much. It will be more noticeable at 30yd.-50yd. distances.

I agree with bfisher, Martins just don't go hinky without a good reason.

Just wondering, what sight is on the bow?

Alec:D