PDA

View Full Version : what did you get your Significant other

gravedigger
12-23-2011, 11:55 AM
well my wife wanted this crazy sewing machine but to throw her off the trail(for now)i got her a new kitchenaid artisan mixer in the silver color.she does some great bakeing and for years has been saying she wanted one.so i put my own wants of a new bow behind me and hooked her up.

FYI,these mixers are down right spendy.

and i had to bing SIGNIFICANT to get the spelling.no one will take my lack of grammer and spelling crown from me.lol

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-23-2011, 12:02 PM
Well GD, We got us! a Honda Odyssey. That was all we wanted for now. Things got a little tight this year. So we are taking it easy for now

Hutch:cool:

NeilMac
12-23-2011, 12:03 PM
Mine has asked for a wireless printer, to go with the Macbook Air I gave her for her birthday, so that's what I've got. It'll scan and photocopy too.

And who said romance was dead.

Oh, I also got her some scented candles.

Double S
12-23-2011, 12:06 PM
The wife's been hinting to a flat screen tv. I bought her a flat screen tv with a built in DVD player. I had to order a tilting wall mount for it too. So it can be adjusted to her liking. I wanted to place it on the ceiling right above the bed but I got a NO GO :mad: from the wife. So I have to settle on placing it on the wall for the bedroom. I bought her a bracelet, clothing, boots, shoes and some other little stuff.

gravedigger
12-23-2011, 12:10 PM
The wife's been hinting to a flat screen tv. I bought her a flat screen tv with a built in DVD player. I had to order a tilting wall mount for it too. So it can be adjusted to her liking. I wanted to place it on the ceiling right above the bed but I got a NO GO :mad: from the wife. So I have to settle on placing it on the wall for the bedroom. I bought her a bracelet, clothing, boots, shoes and some other little stuff.

above the bed would have been awsome.no need to move or lift your head.i would make a moke up and mount it just to see if she changes her mind.lol:p

gravedigger
12-23-2011, 12:11 PM
And who said romance was dead.

Oh, I also got her some scented candles.

come on now,we know you got them candles for you.:p:p:eek::p

J/K

Double S
12-23-2011, 12:13 PM
above the bed would have been awsome.no need to move or lift your head.i would make a moke up and mount it just to see if she changes her mind.lol:p

I was dead serious too. ;) She could even hold my beer for me while we lay there watching Tv. It would be the ultimate bed slug...no movement at all besides eye's blinking. :rolleyes:

gravedigger
12-23-2011, 12:15 PM
I was dead serious too. ;) She could even hold my beer for me while we lay there watching Tv. It would be the ultimate bed slug...no movement at all besides eye's blinking. :rolleyes:

awww beer in bed,now thats one thing the wife wont let me do.lol.

just tell her it hurts your back and you dont want to futher your injury in any way so putting the tv up would assist you in your need to have a long and painless as posible life:p

Double S
12-23-2011, 12:20 PM
awww beer in bed,now thats one thing the wife wont let me do.lol.

just tell her it hurts your back and you dont want to futher your injury in any way so putting the tv up would assist you in your need to have a long and painless as posible life:p

LOL. I've milked the bad back thing years ago. The wife doesn't fall for any of it anymore. Plus I'm just about a month cold turkey not taking my normal 5 medications for back pain. I never did like taking meds. Now I can think straight without being in a cloud.

MLN1963
12-23-2011, 03:17 PM
A new 85mm lens for her camera, an eye piece for said camera, a bottle of Eternity and a pedicure.

bfisher
12-23-2011, 03:45 PM
I didn't spend too much on the wife this year. Just an exercise bike to compliment the treadmill she doesn't use. At 5'7" and about 210# I fear for her getting diabetis. Hope this bike gets more work than the treadmill. I figure I'll use it for cardio and flexibility purposes.

Last few years we've concentrated more on our kids and grandkids. She buys clothes and toys and I write checks. I figure to give the kids some help now while they're struggling rather than wait till I die and inherit money they don't really need when they're 50 years old. Besides, I play the stock market and this year started picking my own stocks. Doing fairly well lately so can help them more.

Simple Life
12-23-2011, 03:46 PM
One of those Radiant heaters,bow case,new Copper John sight,some clothing,and a whole lot of me:rolleyes:

gravedigger
12-23-2011, 03:52 PM
[QUOTE=bfisher;79217]I didn't spend too much on the wife this year. Just an exercise bike to compliment the treadmill she doesn't use.
QUOTE]

aint that the truth.i tryed to bribe my wife.told her i would by her the newest banshee i could find if she would loose 65 lbs and fit into her farmer girl pants she used to warer when we first got together.to say the least,she still does not have a banshee to ride:eek:

bigredhunter00
12-23-2011, 05:02 PM
80 dollar gift certificate to a freaking purse store. Hey she told me what she wanted so i got it lmao

NuttyNative
12-23-2011, 05:48 PM
My wife is a Neil Diamond freak so I got her a pair of tickets for an August 7th show in San Jose Ca. GD, you think that mixer is spendy :( . I'm guessin he won't have many more tours left in him.

Money Man
12-23-2011, 07:13 PM
well my wife wanted this crazy sewing machine but to throw her off the trail(for now)i got her a new kitchenaid artisan mixer in the silver color.she does some great bakeing and for years has been saying she wanted one.so i put my own wants of a new bow behind me and hooked her up.

FYI,these mixers are down right spendy.

and i had to bing SIGNIFICANT to get the spelling.no one will take my lack of grammer and spelling crown from me.lol

GD, on the plus side, those mixers have attachments that can grind meat and help make sausage. Just trying to help you find a bright side. Enjoy.

NuttyNative
12-24-2011, 04:48 AM
GD, on the plus side, those mixers have attachments that can grind meat and help make sausage. Just trying to help you find a bright side. Enjoy.

My wife got the same mixer last year for that very reason. Coincidentally, it's the one she wanted for baking....

gravedigger
12-24-2011, 04:48 AM

oh yes i knew about the attachments.this is how im going to swing it this year and the next year or two.i was checking out prices on the attachments and they range from cheep to like 150.00 and up,so next year my wife will get atttachments.;).

gravedigger
12-24-2011, 04:51 AM
My wife is a Neil Diamond freak so I got her a pair of tickets for an August 7th show in San Jose Ca. GD, you think that mixer is spendy :( . I'm guessin he won't have many more tours left in him.

i would not even want to know about the kidny you had to sell to get them tickets.for the price a guy would think they were made or diamonds.lol

Don B
12-24-2011, 05:33 AM
Sue and I don't get each other gifts, stopped doing that many years ago.
We just get stuff all year long. This is the first year we didn't get a tree, with my son gone out of state now it doesn't feel like Christmas.
Don.

bigredhunter00
12-24-2011, 06:29 AM
i feel ya don. I get my daughter every other year for xmas. Its just not a whole xmas to me with out her.

NuttyNative
12-24-2011, 07:27 AM
I'm a Nevada transplant from Washington state, been here for 14 years now. It has only been a white (skiff) christmas twice. Very hard to find the spirit without the white stuff.

Spiker
12-24-2011, 08:10 AM
Besides the normal shoes, sweaters, movies, girley stuff, I got my wife a Ruger air rifle.
I bet all those angry birds that love to decorate her Mustang are going to get a big suprise in the morning. :)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-24-2011, 09:23 AM
Besides the normal shoes, sweaters, movies, girley stuff, I got my wife a Ruger air rifle.
I bet all those angry birds that love to decorate her Mustang are going to get a big suprise in the morning. :)Wow I hate to be them!

Hutch:cool:

96xjclassic
12-24-2011, 12:02 PM
I bet all those angry birds that love to decorate her Mustang are going to get a big suprise in the morning. :)

That's awesome. You must take some pics of the aftermass!

Ehunter
12-24-2011, 04:44 PM
My other half hates Christmas so we decided to get each other nothing. lol

Sharxfan
12-27-2011, 11:40 AM
A little late but my wife got a Sony Alpha-55 DSLR camera package for Christmas. My little others got more stuff than I can shake a stick at but they are having fun with their gifts as well.

MLN1963
12-27-2011, 03:53 PM
I got myself and iPad, my son a iPod and my wife an iRon.

And that is when the fight started!

Sharxfan
12-28-2011, 03:47 AM
I hear those iRons are great so why the fight? :cool: