PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Sceptor advice

Riverman
10-19-2007, 09:29 AM
I am wanting to buy a sceptor for hunting. I am tall with a long DL and think that the sceptor will be a good match for me.

I want the bow to be as fast as possible while still maintaining a long brace.....8 .5 inches or more.

Can someone with far more knowledge of this subject tell me what the best combination of limbs and cams would be so that I can start looking for a retailer?

Thank you!!

RM:D

flytier17
10-19-2007, 01:32 PM
I have never owned it, but have shot a sceptor with 14" limbs and Nitreous-X cams. Little less BH, but a lot more speed! VERY smooth and forgiving!:) I am tall, and draw 31 1/2" fingers, 29 3/4"" release. I thought it was one of the smoothest shooting bows I have shot. Slayer is nice too.

Another option would be the P3 Elite with Nitrous-X. Much more speed, long A2A, and smooth. My future 3-D setup:D

Alec

bfisher
10-19-2007, 07:22 PM
Referring to flytier's post the S4 is a much faster bow of the two.

To get what you are looking for you probably need to look for an S4 with magnum (14") limbs and Nitrous cams. Being honest you should go on www.archerytalk and ask this question. There are several guys there that have the bow so can tell you more details about it.

When you're on the general forum just do a search for S4 Magnum.

Harpman
10-20-2007, 10:45 AM
I am wanting to buy a sceptor for hunting. I am tall with a long DL and think that the sceptor will be a good match for me.

I want the bow to be as fast as possible while still maintaining a long brace.....8 .5 inches or more.

Can someone with far more knowledge of this subject tell me what the best combination of limbs and cams would be so that I can start looking for a retailer?

Thank you!!

RM:D.....A Scepter with Nitrous "C" cams will go out to about 33" of draw....and at Your draw length, will I.B.O. somewhere around 320...The Nitrous cmas are said to be about 15 f.p.s. faster than Furious cams, and at Martin's advertised I.B.O. of 305 for a Scepter with Furious cams, that makes 320 I.B.O....The Nitrous "C" cams will also bring the brace height up a bit longer than the Furious cams...Get on Archery Talk, and P.M. Brown Hornet, KStigall, LeEarl, or just start a thread such as this one...Keep in mind that Martin's dual cams can be "Tweaked" for more speed than the advertised I.B.O. speeds...Both of Mine (SlayrR with Nitrous X, and Scepter II with Fury X ) are shooting above advertised I.B.O. speeds, once the math is done for draw length adjustments, and other factors such as peep, nocking points, etc..etc...Take Care....Harperman

Riverman
10-24-2007, 09:42 AM
Thank you for the advice guys, will do some looking at AT also!

regards,

RM