PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Xmas Presents

bigredhunter00
12-26-2011, 06:06 AM
So we go to my mother in laws after we open gifts at home which i got a butchering kit in a plastic case(thank you baby). Well my mother in law got me the primos baffle bugle model 938. So just to try it out and trying to figure out how hard to blow i create a whole bunch of awfulness that gets
mixed comments about it. things like god stop, holy hell my ears and things along that line. So whos gotten something for xmas that u think is
awesome but everyone around u thinks its annoying.

MLN1963
12-26-2011, 06:27 AM
I got a T/C Omega Dream Season Muzzleloader and Redfield scope that I'm positive is going to annoy some deer!

http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/images/silo-detail-745-omega-dream-season.jpg

Simple Life
12-26-2011, 06:48 AM
I got a T/C Omega Dream Season Muzzleloader and Redfield scope that I'm positive is going to annoy some deer!

http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/images/silo-detail-745-omega-dream-season.jpg

Very nice MLN:)

Simple Life
12-26-2011, 06:53 AM
I imagine my new tablet will get on my wifes nerves eventually,since I will be able to go online everywhere now,even in bed;)

Double S
12-26-2011, 07:07 AM
So we go to my mother in laws after we open gifts at home which i got a butchering kit in a plastic case(thank you baby). Well my mother in law got me the primos baffle bugle model 938. So just to try it out and trying to figure out how hard to blow i create a whole bunch of awfulness that gets
mixed comments about it. things like god stop, holy hell my ears and things along that line. So whos gotten something for xmas that u think is
awesome but everyone around u thinks its annoying.

LMAO!. I remember way back when I first got into elk calling. I had a brand new Primos 3 pack mouth calls. I was sitting outside on my front porch giving it a whirl trying to find out the best mouth location and how hard to blow. As I was blowing away on the mouth call I saw the blinds on my neighbors window move and close. ( My neighbor is a gun hunter). About a minute later I hear a door slam, All of a sudden here he comes running across the yard toward me with a rifle in his hands. I was a little startled :eek: He stops in front of me and asks...where is it? I said what? The Elk that's suffering with that awful screeching...Sounds like it's suffering from all that horrible sound it's making. I'm here to put it out of it's misery. Then he starts laughing out loud at my Bugle calling!. :D he told me that I would make a great predator caller. Because my elk calls sound like an injured cow elk suffering...great for calling in predators!. We were both laughing by now. :o

gravedigger
12-26-2011, 07:25 AM
just the xmas day and eve was annoying in general.the only usefull thing i got was a kershaw knife and a shapener,nice warm jama pants and a warm hoodie all given to me by my MIL.i was very thankfull for that,my wife on the other hand bought me a tin of popcorn for my b-day(and i dont eat much pop corn)that i gave to my daughter.and then she gets me this half of a blanket that wont do me anygood on elk hunts(camping),she said it was to throw over the back of the couch.

i will tell ya my wife cant shop for me to save her life.the funny thing i s a made out a list of thing i would like so i can starts adding ti my hunting gear and camping stuff.gave her store locations and prices.even said a gift card would be nice so we can all go shoping together.but nope she got me a half of a blanket.

i dont want to come off as greedy but i really thought at least i would get the new rest for my bow or somthing i wanted.lol.

the kids had a blast and got one of everthing from wal-mart.my daughter still has not played with all the stuff she got.lol

MLN1963
12-26-2011, 07:40 AM
LMAO!. I remember way back when I first got into elk calling. I had a brand new Primos 3 pack mouth calls. I was sitting outside on my front porch giving it a whirl trying to find out the best mouth location and how hard to blow. As I was blowing away on the mouth call I saw the blinds on my neighbors window move and close. ( My neighbor is a gun hunter). About a minute later I hear a door slam, All of a sudden here he comes running across the yard toward me with a rifle in his hands. I was a little startled :eek: He stops in front of me and asks...where is it? I said what? The Elk that's suffering with that awful screeching...Sounds like it's suffering from all that horrible sound it's making. I'm here to put it out of it's misery. Then he starts laughing out loud at my Bugle calling!. :D he told me that I would make a great predator caller. Because my elk calls sound like an injured cow elk suffering...great for calling in predators!. We were both laughing by now. :o

That is a cool neighbor!

ElkSlayer
12-26-2011, 09:01 AM
lol het digger i got the other half to your blanket....my wife made me a lap throw...gee thanks hon..realy needed that.... did score some muzzys from the grand daughter and her hubby and som easton laser nocks from the MIL hum not going to work too well for the recurve has a magnet to mount on bow ?????

gravedigger
12-26-2011, 09:10 AM
lol het digger i got the other half to your blanket....my wife made me a lap throw...gee thanks hon..realy needed that.... did score some muzzys from the grand daughter and her hubby and som easton laser nocks from the MIL hum not going to work too well for the recurve has a magnet to mount on bow ?????

thats funny right ther.what are the odds.your wife have you half a blanket and callit it a lap throw,my wife gave me half a blanket and calls it a couch throw.

what are these woman thinking.lol.

ElkSlayer
12-26-2011, 09:30 AM
that it was cold here last month... she is the same way gets me what she thinks i want..lol i did get a few things i asked for ....just dif brand now i need to find a way to mount a magnet to my hand....not puttin it on my wooden bow...uggggg thats atrip to cabelas.......darn it lol hahhahahaha :cool:

gravedigger
12-26-2011, 09:34 AM
that it was cold here last month... she is the same way gets me what she thinks i want..lol i did get a few things i asked for ....just dif brand now i need to find a way to mount a magnet to my hand....not puttin it on my wooden bow...uggggg thats atrip to cabelas.......darn it lol hahhahahaha :cool:

what she did not get you that fancy new wood magnet,its all the craze in the trad world.lol.:p

ElkSlayer
12-26-2011, 09:41 AM
what she did not get you that fancy new wood magnet,its all the craze in the trad world.lol.:p

no darn it... they come with a stick on magnet to turn them on, not @ the shot only when it pass by the magnet.... maybe i can get them to work out.... not sure yet but my slipers dont fit so its too cabelas in springfield anyway....lol Bummer cause I still have some cash i did not spend on the wife....maybe i can find the other half to my blanket....lol

bigredhunter00
12-26-2011, 10:12 AM
Half a blanket huh, well guess she wants ur feet not to get cold, i should have invested in some heated socks since my wife likes to put her cold
feet on me.

HawgEnvy
12-26-2011, 12:58 PM
money has been tight,so the wife and I didn't get each other anything yet. The kids got what they wanted,though. That's the main thing. But I'm here to tell ya. The next time i get shot with a damn airsoft gun by one of my boys,the wrath of hell will be unleashed when I break out my Co2 BB pistol. 15 shots as fast as I can pull the trigger and I promise they'll all get welts on there thighs from it! I even put a flashlight on the tac rail so I can even get them lil suckers in the dark closets when they start whinin! Tacky parenting? Maybe. But my boys think I'm SOOO cool. They are extremely responsible and have been taught safe firearm usage with real guns.

My mommy got me a brand new laptop,though. An Acer Aspire. Its pretty nice. Perfect for what I do. I don't do computer gaming or anything like that,so I don't need anything "hi-tech".

My wife and MIL went through the half blanket phase a few years ago,too. Like I'm gonna sit with a little leg covering. If it's cold, and I feel the need for a blanket,I WANT A BLANKET! Or,here's a novel idea,turn the heat up! I really think the concept of logic and common sense has escaped most women. lol

MLN1963
12-26-2011, 01:21 PM

ES

Return them and get some Nocturnal Nocks. No magnets needed, no messing up a wood riser, they are activated on release of the arrow. They are even a little cheaper. I have some and they work great. Just make sure you get the right size for your arrows. Your wife should be fine with that.

Arrow Splitter
12-26-2011, 02:23 PM
My mommy got me a brand new laptop,though. An Acer Aspire. Its pretty nice. Perfect for what I do. I don't do computer gaming or anything like that,so I don't need anything "hi-tech".

It is nice. I have the Acer Aspire 6530. Which one do you have?

A.S

Arrow Splitter
12-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Guys, just remember to watch what words you choose to include in your posts.

A.S

gravedigger
12-26-2011, 03:37 PM

A.S

i got the aspire 5552.got it way cheap at wally word.fist puter i ever owned.and i bought the sucker in feb of this year.any how top has treated us well,even after my daughter has droped it 30+ times and counting.lol

Arrow Splitter
12-26-2011, 03:46 PM
i got the aspire 5552.got it way cheap at wally word.fist puter i ever owned.and i bought the sucker in feb of this year.any how top has treated us well,even after my daughter has droped it 30+ times and counting.lolYeah, you can't beat an Acer. Mine has Virtual Surround Sound.:cool:

HawgEnvy
12-26-2011, 03:54 PM

A.S

IDK. 4339:confused:

Arrow Splitter
12-26-2011, 04:01 PM
IDK. 4339:confused:If that's the number on it, that's correct. I googled it and it comes up.

Double S
12-26-2011, 06:47 PM
IDK. 4339:confused:

I'm using an Acer Aspire 5517 right now to torment Spammers.

Don B
12-27-2011, 04:41 AM
Well my wife and I don't get stuff for eachother but this year Sue got me a Kendel that I am going to swap out for a Nook tablet, mom got me a hoodie and a pullover sweat shirt. Sue said I got her about $250 worth of clothes...lol
Don.

Arrow Splitter
12-27-2011, 05:09 AM
I'm using an Acer Aspire 5517 right now to torment Spammers.:cool::cool::cool::cool:

ElkSlayer
12-27-2011, 08:13 AM
ES

Return them and get some Nocturnal Nocks. No magnets needed, no messing up a wood riser, they are activated on release of the arrow. They are even a little cheaper. I have some and they work great. Just make sure you get the right size for your arrows. Your wife should be fine with that.

lol how did you know they do not fit ... MIL got them for me and after i made a magnet wrist band i find out they are wrong size... dang guess its back to cabelas... Darn it:cool::cool::cool:

Sharxfan
12-27-2011, 11:15 AM
Well my wife and I don't get stuff for eachother but this year Sue got me a Kendel that I am going to swap out for a Nook tablet, mom got me a hoodie and a pullover sweat shirt. Sue said I got her about $250 worth of clothes...lol
Don.
Hey Don you should get a Visio tablet from Sams club. They are about $175 now and you can get a kindle app and a nook app I believe we got one for the girls this year and they love it. Nook and Kindle are going to lock down their devices so that you cannot load third party apps from the android market. Just wanted to give you an FYI. I also found out that our local library uses overdrive which lets me check out ebooks for my phone and tablet that have the kindle app on them.

I did not get anything annoying unless you count the noise this gift my wife got me is going to make in the garage.

bigredhunter00
12-27-2011, 11:42 AM
no thats cool not annoying, my wifes mom got me an elk call and when i first tried it sounded like a dying badger

Ehunter
12-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Not to sound ungrateful, but my new stepmother got me a table lamp. I have two end tables in my entire house, and they already have lamps on them. I had also made a list of things I wanted, like so many of you did, and a lamp was not one of those things. lol Everything else I got was a welcomed gift though. New food dehydrator, pole saw, camp hatchet, and machete. I see a camping trip in my near future. lol

Sharxfan
12-27-2011, 12:06 PM
I was laughing my you know what off when I read Double S's story. I tried a deer call and I know I scared them away.