PDA

View Full Version : The woes of public land

droppixel
12-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Seems like every time I try to hit the public land near me I get screwed over by some hill-rod. Today I was lucky enough to be the only person on the plot when I signed into the field I was going to. Sure enough as I'm walking back ... enter today's idiot ... at a trail crossing, I acknowledge he is there and continue on my path, thinking he would do the same, which happened to go the other direction. Whoa was that silly of me, numbnuts follows me down the path and eventually stops me, trying to tell me that 3 doe ran through as he was walking in ... "yeah right" I thought to myself, because with the area he pointed at, they would have run right past me or I would have at least heard them bust.

So I then think he is going to break off and head in another direction, even sillier of me. He continued to follow me back and stopped me again finally asking where I was going. I told him, heading back to the corn ... "yeah I was going that way too" he says.

Well ain't that great, you see someone on the trail going that direction, that was there before you ... and you still think it is a good idea to keep going?! Call me crazy but I would at least hope they would recognize and go the other direction rather than trying to sit right on top of you. I was heading out with a ground blind my old man got me and that area is one of the few areas that are viable for a blind, yet this guy was just out for a stroll - no stool, no stand, no blind. At that point I knew my afternoon was hosed, I still tried to find another area that would work, but there just isn't any sign of deer anywhere else that would be feasible for the blind so I ended up heading out.

elkslayer4x5
12-29-2011, 07:10 AM
Is'nt it just wonderfull how some folks just can't take a hint. "trust me buddy, if I'd have wanted to hunt with ya, I'da called ya!"

Stéphane
12-29-2011, 10:18 AM
Here in BC, Canada, it is unlawful to hinder a hunter. Whether that guy was actually trying to ruin your hunt or was of simplistic mind, only him truly knows.

I feel for you, man.

droppixel
12-31-2011, 11:38 AM
Is'nt it just wonderfull how some folks just can't take a hint. "trust me buddy, if I'd have wanted to hunt with ya, I'da called ya!"

Heck at one point, I figured he was going to try to stop me and ask if he could sit in my blind with me that I was carrying on my back. Going to try again on Monday, don't have to go back to work until Tuesday, so hopefully I can get a moron-free hunt in for once on the public ground.

rjd
01-01-2012, 04:33 AM
YEAH !!! Someone found my idiot! Seems like atleast a couple of times a season I run into this guy. The worst one is the guy who will set-up 50 -60 yards away during turkey season.

Arrow Splitter
01-01-2012, 04:46 AM
The worst one is the guy who will set-up 50 -60 yards away during turkey season.That's just plain rude and inconsiderate. I try to avoid places were other hunters are.
Once I had a father and son walk under my stand even though they knew I was there.:rolleyes:

A.S

NuttyNative
01-01-2012, 05:34 AM
YEAH !!! Someone found my idiot! Seems like atleast a couple of times a season I run into this guy. The worst one is the guy who will set-up 50 -60 yards away during turkey season.

I feel for ya, had the same thing happen during deer season. The ones that do this really don't have a clue. On ethics, or hunting.

bfisher
01-02-2012, 04:42 AM
Ya shoulda asked him if he had a six-pack to share, Then you could have invited him to share your blind.

droppixel
01-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Ya shoulda asked him if he had a six-pack to share, Then you could have invited him to share your blind.

LOL I might use that one next time. I was just completely dumbfounded that he even thought it was ok to follow me to begin with :confused:

dmw
01-16-2012, 03:39 PM
:mad: I know what you mean, I had a guy follow me to my tree stand ,walk past me about 40 yds. set down for about 30min. get up, come back to my stand, and set down leaning on the tree I was in and to make things more fun when I let my bow down on the rope he unhocked it and laid it across his bow cutting my string on his broadhead, Trust me, things went down hill fast!