PDA

View Full Version : string too short

timbow
12-31-2011, 06:42 AM
I have a 2010 cheetah and got a new string for it they both measure to the right length 85 and 31.5. But in order to get my cam looking like the pics posted my string has to be almost all the way untwisted and the cable is twisted up quite a bit too. But now my poundage seems too high so I have it cranked down. And my axle to axle is 29 3/4 instead of 30 what should I do? Do I need a longer string. Had them made by extremebowstrings.

Arrow Splitter
12-31-2011, 06:48 AM
I have a 2010 cheetah and got a new string for it they both measure to the right length 85 and 31.5. But in order to get my cam looking like the pics posted my string has to be almost all the way untwisted and the cable is twisted up quite a bit too. But now my poundage seems too high so I have it cranked down. And my axle to axle is 29 3/4 instead of 30 what should I do? Do I need a longer string. Had them made by extremebowstrings. Was the cam rotated excessively forward or backward? If it wasn't, then it was probably fine. The Accutrak cam doesn't have to be in an exact location, just fairly close.

A.S

timbow
12-31-2011, 07:27 AM
It wasn't to bad but it seems to shoot better with the string comin of at the a in acutrak instead of under the k. And for some reason quieter and more accurate. And what about my ata?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-31-2011, 09:16 AM
If your string and cable are at the correct length, and mounted on the bow. You need to start there to make any adjustments. Once on the bow you start with the ata. Correcting that is not always just untwisting or twisting the cable. You NEED to get the ata by twisting or untwisting the cable and twist or untwist the string to keep the cam in place. There are a lot of combos people use but I use 1 to 2. That is 1 twist or untwist of the cable to 2 twists of the string keeping a balance in the bow. Once ata is correct you need to get brace height correct that is by rotating the cam forward or backward. Forward decreases and backward increases bh. This also will quiet the bow if done right. In the end you should have ata with in a 1/4" or less Bh within 1/8" and the correct draw length.

Hutch:cool:

bfisher
12-31-2011, 09:17 AM
A picture of what you are describing would be helpful, but rather than mess with the string I'd be more inclined to remove twists from the cable. This should make the a2a longer and reduce the draw weight. At the same time it's going to make the draw length longer, but this has to be shorter than with the previous string anyway.

You don't, by any chance have a CCS on the bow do you? If so then the cable should be approximately 1/2" longer than with the standard rod/slide configuration.