PDA

View Full Version : New to this, Martin ridge hunter

youngy_511
01-03-2012, 08:39 PM
I just bought my first bow, a martin ridge hunter and was looking for any tipps or hints on the care of it, and any suggestions on future upgrades. Also a place to hunt or target shoot at in north Brisbane, thanks heaps to any replys.
Also i bought it from abbey archery at brisbane and they were perfect in service and knowledge. would recommend at the drop of a hat.

Arrow Splitter
01-04-2012, 05:06 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Archery can be a lot of fun, as you'll soon find. One thing that needs to be done often is to wax your string. About once a week is fine, but if you shoot hundreds of arrows a week, you should wax a little more.

Arrows should be inspected every time you shoot, especially if they're carbon arrows. Carbon arrows can be tested by flexing them. If you hear any noises or cracking sounds, do not shoot the arrow.

Once a month or so, you should inspect your bow to make sure there is no limb cracks, splinters, broken strands in the string, etc.

A.S

bowgramp59
01-04-2012, 05:19 AM
good day mate, glad to have you aboard. i just keep my bow string waxed not ever time i shoot but about ever week or 2 keep the bow clean of dirt, keep it out of the hot sun when not in use, don't drop it, never pull it back without an arrow nocked, never let someone pull it back to see how strong they are. a dryfire will destroy your bow. good luck & good shooting

gravedigger
01-04-2012, 06:35 AM
welcome to the forum,i will add that a guy who shoots often should go through about every 2 weeks to a month and make sure all screws are tight,mod on the cam,sight,rest,quiver.....really any screw you can find,besides the limb bolts.taking string wax and applying it to the threads of the screws on any part of your bow will help them stay tight.applying string wax to the thread of your field tips and or broadheads will help keep them tight.

if you do shoot often a arrow puller is nice to have.keep your bow clean and kept in a case will help keep it looking good.dry if off befor putting it in a case if your shooting in the rain.