PDA

View Full Version : Loving Long range shooting in January......

parttimr
01-07-2012, 12:09 PM
Taking advantage of the unusual weather in ND this year and shooting outside today was great. Have been shooting inside at 13 yds for two weeks now after work and wanted to try out the new arrows (75/95) long distance. Unheard of here this time of year and nearly no wind today so shot out to 50 yds with a max 40 yd pin and surprised myself. Out of 8 arrows 6 were in the kill zone so pretty pleased. Still getting a little left kick and have tried everything suggested and think it's the rest. Anyway new rest on the way then back to tuning. Does feel good to be confident at that range with this new equipment compared to my old PSE. New Rhino Block works great also.

Arrow Splitter
01-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Taking advantage of the unusual weather in ND this year and shooting outside today was great. Have been shooting inside at 13 yds for two weeks now after work and wanted to try out the new arrows (75/95) long distance. Unheard of here this time of year and nearly no wind today so shot out to 50 yds with a max 40 yd pin and surprised myself. Out of 8 arrows 6 were in the kill zone so pretty pleased. Still getting a little left kick and have tried everything suggested and think it's the rest. Anyway new rest on the way then back to tuning. Does feel good to be confident at that range with this new equipment compared to my old PSE. New Rhino Block works great also.That's good shooting.
The weather is definitely unusual this year. We only have a slight dusting of snow on the ground right now, and it's 36 degrees.:cool:

A.S

EDIT: Just looked outside, and there really isn't any snow out there anymore.

Speedykills
01-07-2012, 04:36 PM
I was out shooting last couple days,been pretty descent weather,but it will come to a end soon enough......:D

Arrow Splitter
01-07-2012, 04:44 PM
I was out shooting last couple days,been pretty descent weather,but it will come to a end soon enough......:DOh great, someone just had to ruin the party.:rolleyes: LOL J/K

A.S

parttimr
01-07-2012, 04:55 PM
It will definitely get here soon I'm sure of that so more tomorrow while I can.