PDA

View Full Version : Tuning problems.

Coyotehunter11
01-08-2012, 02:13 PM
I have a 2010 martin cheetah. I have tried to broadhead tune this bow for a while now and cant seem to get the broadheads and the field tips to fly within 4 inches of each other. I have tried 2 different spine arrows and every time i shoot, the broadheads fly high and to the right. If i move my rest over to the left like you are supposed to then there is still at least a four inch gap between the field tip and broadheads. I have no cam lean at the top and my broadheads are lined up perfectly with the vanes. I have no idea what the problem is and i was hoping you guys could help out. Thanks.

bowgramp59
01-08-2012, 02:56 PM
what broadheaheads are you using?

Coyotehunter11
01-08-2012, 03:05 PM
NAP thunderheads 100 grain.

boobowbender
01-09-2012, 06:10 AM
i don't know, but could it be form? mostly grip. broadheads multiply any problems including form(no offense) i would think that moving your rest would have solved your problems unless your arrows are of the wrong spine or try spin testing those thunderheads. i've had old thunderheads where that point is out of whack
i broke down and spent $35 on the lumenok f.a.s.t. to spin test points and square both ends of all my arrows.

elkslayer4x5
01-09-2012, 06:16 AM
Just courious as to which rest are you using? Maybe a micro adjust model would make tuning easier.

Coyotehunter11
01-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Thanks for all the responses, by the way i am using a QAD ultra drop away hunter

Ehunter
01-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Are you only moving the rest about 1/32nd of an inch at a time? I had the same trouble once, and found out I was moving the rest too far at a time. Once you go past a certain point, it seems like things go back to bad. I'd set it as close to right as I could get it, then move the rest in VERY small increments. You can spin test the arrows by using a good magnet. Just hang the arrow from the magnet, and spin it. Any wobble shows up clearly. That's how several broadhead manufacturers spin check their heads.