PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

MarE6027
01-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Hello to everyone, name's Krzysztof [yep, not english, stands for Christopher].

It took me a bit to choose new bow and it's Martin Exile so, I'm joining this respectable site with great deal of hope for help in getting back to archery after some break [it all looks bit different from where I left 40+Y ago].

While examining my new Exile I've discovered small damage to limb material as pictured below.
Would appreciate your advice on best method to secure damaged spot.

BTW
DL was changed by dealer on my request prior to shipping.
I'm waiting for reply from dealer on this issue and also the fact, that there was no draw stop screw supplied [I don't believe Martin sells without one].

Regards,
Krzysztof

polaris754
01-09-2012, 01:03 AM
Welcome to the forum, well looks like that make shift draw stop is the problem , is that a new bow?I would be concerned about that limb with that much damage , it will fail on you, If that is to be a new in the box bow i would take it back.If not new wait till some of the others here ring in and give u some better advise, good luc

Speedykills
01-09-2012, 02:22 AM
Yep that draw stop is wrong,even though it may work i would get the right one,also looks like when the module was changed that one screw rubbed against the limb,doubt it would hurt anything but looks whise not good.
But the draw stop really needs to be changed asap.

Spiker
01-09-2012, 05:40 AM
I dont think the draw stop would contact the limb that close to the axle and you can see a bit of a 'dent' in the foam pad where it does hit.
That damage looks to be from removing and installing the module screw when the draw length was changed.
Guess they didn't pull the cables in to rotate the cam for clearance.
I would for sure take it back in to the dealer and at least get documentation just incase there is an issue down the road.

elkslayer4x5
01-09-2012, 06:26 AM
I agree with Spiker, looks like the module screw was backed out across the limb tip, gouging it. As mentioned, I would take it back to your dealer and have him request a new limb. For a 1st time poster, you have provided excellent photo documentation, welcome to the forum.

Spiker
01-09-2012, 06:47 AM
Krzysztof -
Dobrodosli.! My family came here from the Gdansk area back in the late 1800's.

Okay - back on topic:

After looking at the pics again on my computer, rather than my phone, The damage is certainly from the mod screw being drug accross
the limb and it is not just cosmetic - the fibers of the limb are clearly torn loose.
The shop should stand behind this and replace the limb.

gravedigger
01-09-2012, 07:21 AM
it looks like the shop did not even try to rotate the cam.they just unscrewd it and screwed it back in causing the damage.for sure the shop should fix this issue and at no cost to you.maybe a power drill was used.if a guy used a allan wrench then you would feel the grinding on the limb.kind of looks like a quick zip thing to me.

welcome to the forum

Arrow Splitter
01-09-2012, 09:29 AM
After looking at the pics again on my computer, rather than my phone, The damage is certainly from the mod screw being drug accross
the limb and it is not just cosmetic - the fibers of the limb are clearly torn loose.
The shop should stand behind this and replace the limb.x2 This is certainly correct. You should definitely take it back to the shop.

Welcome to the Martin Forum!

A.S

MarE6027
01-09-2012, 05:35 PM
it looks like the shop did not even try to rotate the cam.they just unscrewd it and screwed it back in causing the damage.for sure the shop should fix this issue and at no cost to you.maybe a power drill was used.if a guy used a allan wrench then you would feel the grinding on the limb.kind of looks like a quick zip thing to me.

welcome to the forum

Thanks very much to all of you Gents for your comments.
I see the case same way as you.
One thing makes me concerned: further expansion of damage. And how likely this is going to develop.
I 've purchased Exile online from PA located dealer so difficult to go back in person with the bow in hand.
First response from dealer is rather... diplomatic; shall see how case rolls out; advising final outcome.

Arrow Splitter
01-10-2012, 03:59 AM
Thanks very much to all of you Gents for your comments.
I see the case same way as you.
One thing makes me concerned: further expansion of damage. And how likely this is going to develop.
I 've purchased Exile online from PA located dealer so difficult to go back in person with the bow in hand.
First response from dealer is rather... diplomatic; shall see how case rolls out; advising final outcome.I can't say for sure, but I don't think that any more damage will occur in that area; however, I wouldn't shoot it anymore because the limb could snap, and also you need a drawstop before shooting the bow anymore.

A.S

bowgramp59
01-10-2012, 05:21 AM
martin wouldn't send a bow out like that ! someone lost the oridgnal draw stop and replaced it with a not so good replacement. the little cushion pad isn't even in the right place, i would call customer service and talk to them about the damage & report that dealer ! even if it came to a dealer with the draw stop missing they should have taken care of the problem properly before it was sent to you. { JMI }

MarE6027
01-14-2012, 12:51 PM
once advised, Martin's Customer Service took prompt decision to replace limb without delay.

I call it - professional support from reputable maker - brings respect and trust in Martin's name

would stay with Martin :)
Thanks very much!

Arrow Splitter
01-14-2012, 03:53 PM
That's the Martin customer service I know.:cool: I'm glad everything worked out for you.

A.S