PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Bengal cam issue?

parttimr
01-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Ok guys need to know if this is normal or if this may have been part of my problem the whole time with the left kick. Was shooting yesterday from a seated position on the hunting stool and rested the bow on my thigh prior to drawing. Felt as if there was some sort of give or mushiness and thought it was because of the thigh. Took the shot and did the same thing only this time I checked it by pushing up on the cam with my hand and there is give up and down like the cam is floating and not solid on the axel, The movement is very noticeable by feel and sight so what's the thoughts on this? Thanks.

Ehunter
01-09-2012, 04:11 PM
I'm far from an expert, but I would think if it was loose on the axle, it would make the arrow kick in all different directions, instead of the same every time. I would definitely get it fixed though. Might avoid some bigger problems down the road.

parttimr
01-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the response. All these bengal owners on here and no responses. I would think it should be solid and no movement except on the draw especially floating like it is.

Speedykills
01-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Sounds like warranty time..................

Ehunter
01-09-2012, 05:09 PM
part, My rep once told me that the cams should be just loose enough to spin freely, but not wobble or twist at all. Sounds like a bearing is out of yours, or something along that nature. Maybe a groove worn in a bearing seat. Definitely shouldn't have any movement other than rotational though.

parttimr
01-10-2012, 02:28 AM
Thanks guys gonna take it in this week hopefully to get it checked by local shop whose a Martin rep so we'll see.

gravedigger
01-10-2012, 05:41 AM
well all i can say is that i have no play in my cam.only thing i can think of is taking it to a shop or taking it apart and finding the problem and fixing it my self kind of thing.

Buzz Lite Beer
01-11-2012, 02:40 AM
My 2011 Shadowcat with nitro cams has a little give too, no clicks or lateral play but I'm able to push the cam (in the direction of the bowstring) and can detect some motion,
bow is in bits now and there is no cam "slop" on the axle in this state. My friend has got a Rytera and his does the same, but we don't have any accuracy issues as a result of it though.

elkslayer4x5
01-11-2012, 07:23 AM
Was wondering if the axle holes in the limbs are snug, or if they are ovaled? Can't think of anything other than whats already been mentioned.