PDA

View Full Version : any advice on home loans

gravedigger
01-09-2012, 05:06 PM
well the wife and i are going to try a get a home loan for this place.the price is really good and it looks like a great place...with a little work...the best is the last 3 pics....thats all for me.lol.http://www.freeportlandforeclosures.com/fine/real/estate/hometour/11452511/mlsname/RMLS
so do any of you guys out ther know of any first time buyer loans or have any tips or any advice when going in to get the loan.i know credit and down payment play the big roll but im hapoing someone know some loops hole i can refer to if they try and play games.i will have 4 or 5,000 to put down and then enought to get the house looked over and what not.thanks for any tips you can give

Rangerj
01-09-2012, 06:26 PM
I would check the interest rates at all the financial institutions in your area and go from there.All I have to offer.LOL:cool:

Sharxfan
01-09-2012, 07:47 PM
All my loans are through GMAC or Ditech however they are doing business now. Interest rates are good and they close really quick. I would go online and see if they are still offering first time buyers. Not sure where to look though....maybe the new .gov site they are talking about.

gravedigger
01-10-2012, 07:34 AM
thanks for the info so far.im hoping that we will have some decent loan options sice it is in a rual area,maybe fha or usda or someting.but that house is perfect and i have to have it.ther is no other house i seen for the price that i would even want to go after.the price of the house is just under 150,000.property taxes are only 1800 a year.I HAVE TO HAVE IT.

so if anyone knows any more tricks to help me out in the loan process,please let them fly.

we are calling to day to see if we can get a loan or not.got my fingers crossed

Arrow Splitter
01-10-2012, 09:25 AM
I hope everything goes well for you GD. Now as far as advice goes, I can only say one thing: go win the lottery.LOL

A.S

gravedigger
01-10-2012, 09:27 AM
I hope everything goes well for you GD. Now as far as advice goes, I can only say one thing: go win the lottery.LOL

A.S

i hope it works out too.last year around the same time i got turned down,loan guy said call back in 1 year and now im waiting to hear back from him to see if we can do this.

the wife and i tought about the loto but changed our mind,lol

im going to drive by it on my lunch and see if its all i want it to be.i dont really have high hope on getting a loan but it never hurts to try.

Sharxfan
01-10-2012, 01:13 PM
If you call GMAC they can tell you yes or no over the phone. I have had nothing but positive experiences with them.

Double S
01-10-2012, 04:05 PM
I know nothing about home loans GD. heck, I have trouble balancing my checkbook!. I do wish you the best on your future home purchase.

gravedigger
01-10-2012, 05:55 PM
If you call GMAC they can tell you yes or no over the phone. I have had nothing but positive experiences with them.

i looked i up.i put it on the list of enders for my wife to call.thanks for the info

gravedigger
01-12-2012, 08:14 AM
well the wife and i got approved for a home loan.the fist house i was wanting sold yesterday morning:(.but now we are going to look at a house on short sale valued at 200k and they will take 130k to get out of being forclosed on.im thinking it will be a good buy seeing as ther is allready 70k in equiety.in 3 or 4 years i can refinance it take 40k out buy a house i want and rent this one out.today the house is valued for 1200 a month in rent.

what ya think,i know none of this is archery but alot of you guys have been around longer then me.and thoughts are allways welcome

Arrow Splitter
01-12-2012, 04:24 PM
well the wife and i got approved for a home loan.the fist house i was wanting sold yesterday morning:(.but now we are going to look at a house on short sale valued at 200k and they will take 130k to get out of being forclosed on.im thinking it will be a good buy seeing as ther is allready 70k in equiety.in 3 or 4 years i can refinance it take 40k out buy a house i want and rent this one out.today the house is valued for 1200 a month in rent.

what ya think,i know none of this is archery but alot of you guys have been around longer then me.and thoughts are allways welcomeCongrats on being approved, and don't worry about your topic not being archery-based, that's why there's an Off-topic forum.:cool:

gravedigger
01-13-2012, 06:08 PM
made a offer on this house today.http://www.freeportlandforeclosures.com/fine/real/estate/hometour/11316821/mlsname/RMLS
its not as big as i was wanting but this is a house i can put little money into and resale for around 220k.and it is 56 seconds from my work

Money Man
01-13-2012, 06:23 PM
Nice looking place. I know you are good with metal ones, but how about shooting at wooden fences. ;)

boobowbender
01-16-2012, 04:57 AM
congrats! my credit score is 797, but i have a unique job history. love those sheds even a tree stand situation a bit jealous. good luck, i just got that not so unique job(i thought i wanted to think outside the box)
the bankers like so in due time:(;) if that makes any sense?

Sharxfan
01-16-2012, 06:26 AM
Very nice GD. Glad you got yourself a loan and potential home.

gravedigger
01-16-2012, 08:26 AM
congrats! my credit score is 797, but i have a unique job history. love those sheds even a tree stand situation a bit jealous. good luck, i just got that not so unique job(i thought i wanted to think outside the box)
the bankers like so in due time:(;) if that makes any sense?

makes perfect sence.my score was in the 700's but paid every thing off and droped it to 0 about 3 years agos.now im at 621 and my wife is 628.if i dident have my job for almost 10 years then i dont think it would have happend.and im getting 3.75% intress,fixed on a 30yr.im just waiting to see if they take my offer.gave them till march 1st.

the thing with this house is there is a $9000 lean against it from dudes ex wife so she has to drop the lean in order to sell.it has been on the market fro a year so i am hopeing she does drop it.

not the house i really wanted but this place is worth a bit over 200,000 as it sits so it should have great re sale once i put 15-20k in it.if i get it.

gravedigger
01-16-2012, 08:27 AM
Very nice GD. Glad you got yourself a loan and potential home.

i am very happy.tuesday we lock in the loan.i hope the rates dont change by then

gravedigger
01-16-2012, 08:28 AM
Nice looking place. I know you are good with metal ones, but how about shooting at wooden fences. ;)

just going to have to see how much the wood fences back talk.lol

Rangerj
01-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Congrats Gravedigger,hope it goes off with out a hitch for yall. :cool:

gravedigger
01-19-2012, 08:54 AM
well the people signed off on the offer so that part is good.now im waiting to hear back from ther back to see if they will sign off on it too.the waiting to see part is almost done.i just need the bank to hurry up now.if all goes good then i should be moving my family in by march if not sooner.:D

Sharxfan
01-20-2012, 05:40 AM
God I hate waiting for other people. I am waiting for some paperwork from a lawyer and it has been 4 weeks since they said I would have it later that week. Hope all goes well and the bank gets back to you soon. I know the anticipation always killed me.

gravedigger
01-20-2012, 06:09 AM
God I hate waiting for other people. I am waiting for some paperwork from a lawyer and it has been 4 weeks since they said I would have it later that week. Hope all goes well and the bank gets back to you soon. I know the anticipation always killed me.

oh ya this waiting is killing me.im ready to move now.

gravedigger
02-03-2012, 07:01 AM
well im still waiting on ther bank to get back to me:mad:
i just got my tax returns back today so i have my ernest money and inspection cash.

now i need to pay a few things off on my credit report and i will be all set and ready for the other peoples bank to approve.we have everything on my end all in-order and ready to get the deal on its last stages.right now its just playing the waiting game.

Sharxfan
02-03-2012, 07:39 AM
Hang in there GD. It will be worth it in the end.

gravedigger
02-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Hang in there GD. It will be worth it in the end.

im trying.just spent 2 or 3 hours on the phone with collections people,but i did get my debt paid up so thats good.
that bank has till march.i hope they do hurry up.

gravedigger
02-09-2012, 01:41 PM
lost the house i was after:mad:
things did not work out.now to look at another one tomorrow

Double S
02-09-2012, 01:49 PM
lost the house i was after:mad:
things did not work out.now to look at another one tomorrow

That sucks!. Maybe something better is coming down the road for you. I wish you the best on your house hunt.

gravedigger
02-09-2012, 02:48 PM
That sucks!. Maybe something better is coming down the road for you. I wish you the best on your house hunt.

thanks buddy.something will come up.
the people could not get the lean droped and i wasent going to pay a extra 9,000 out of pocket to pay it off for them.told the house finder lady to get on the ball,i want to be in a house no later then april so i can try and make a spring turkey hunt with elkslayer

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Well GD, it wasn't mean't too be this time, so maybe next time. Hope it goes better for you!

Hutch:cool:

MLN1963
02-09-2012, 06:02 PM
.told the house finder lady to get on the ball,i want to be in a house no later then april so i can try and make a spring turkey hunt with elkslayer

DON'T RUSH INTO SOMETHING!!!! This is one of the biggest investments you will ever make. Don't rush, don't settle or it will be one of the biggest mistakes you ever made.

Money Man
02-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Sorry on the house GD. If you want to move to NY let me know, my house is for sale.

gravedigger
02-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Sorry on the house GD. If you want to move to NY let me know, my house is for sale.

no NY foe me.im 100% oregon.i did just put a offer on a nice 1650sqf house with all kinds of updates.it is a ugly purple color but i can live with that.it has not even hit the market yet so im getting a offer in befor any one knows its for sale.the payment will be 75 more a month but way woth it for the house.and it has a fire place too and thats sold me right there.

gravedigger
02-13-2012, 12:37 PM
well my offer was accepted on this new place.a bit more then i wanted to spend but it will be well worth it.by friday i should know if my loan is good to go and my closing is set for march 15 or sooner.

Sharxfan
02-13-2012, 05:35 PM
Sweet good luck GD.

gravedigger
02-21-2012, 04:43 PM
got the sellers to fix a few things and replace the watter heater.i had some concerns on some stuff main was electrical and it is all getin takin care of,paid my earnest money and the house should be appraised this week,so for it is going good.im still waiting on my loan officer to let me know my loan is 100% good,as of now it is 90% and we are just waiting on the higher ups to A-ok it.at this rate i should close the 1st to the 5th.cant wait to move/own my own home

Rangerj
02-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Good Deal Grave, hope it works out for yall :cool:

gravedigger
02-21-2012, 05:56 PM
Good Deal Grave, hope it works out for yall :cool:

thank you RJ.i sure hope it works too

Rangerj
02-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Hey gd, when my wife and I bought our house in 1974 it sold for $24,780, a three bedromm home on 3/4 acre in a subdivision.Since that time in 1974 we have re-financed twice and re-modeled twice, we now have a $200.000 home in a $70.000 neighborhood. LOLAnd the good thing is it will be paid for in 13 months. :cool:

gravedigger
02-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Hey gd, when my wife and I bought our house in 1974 it sold for $24,780, a three bedromm home on 3/4 acre in a subdivision.Since that time in 1974 we have re-financed twice and re-modeled twice, we now have a $200.000 home in a $70.000 neighborhood. LOLAnd the good thing is it will be paid for in 13 months. :cool:

i bet that 13 month payoff is a great feling.i am going to be buying this place for 174,900 and i am paying 2 thousand in closeing,they will be paying 6,000 and puting around 4,000 in repairs and replacement.i expect the house to clime up to 210,220 in a few years and i will have it payed off a few years befor i retire.great part of town,mainly older people who own so it is nice and quiet.just looking forward to puting my rent money into a house payment.
good thing is my payment is still less then what i pay in rent:D

gravedigger
02-27-2012, 03:46 PM
got the appraisal today and the house is woth what the sellers are asking with no repairs.im haveing them do around 2-3k in repairs and they are paying most of closeing.tomorrow it goes to the under writter,she is the lsthe one who will say yes or no on my loan.i should hear back from them in no more then 3 days.at this point in time closeing should be next tuesday to friday.seams like my closeing date keeps getting pushed back.

Rangerj
02-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Hope it all comes together for you,hang in there buddy!!!!!!:cool:

gravedigger
03-05-2012, 12:17 PM
looks like i just bought my first house.go the call today that we are 100% good on the loan.we go in thursday or friday to close.im one happy camper right now

Arrow Splitter
03-05-2012, 12:58 PM
looks like i just bought my first house.go the call today that we are 100% good on the loan.we go in thursday or friday to close.im one happy camper right nowCongrats GD!!! It's really about time! LOL ;)

gravedigger
03-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Congrats GD!!! It's really about time! LOL ;)

thanks AS.it really is about time.at least now i am 100% good,well maybe not me myself.lol
now the hard part,calling my landlord and putting in the 30day notice.this part allway sucks bad.

Rangerj
03-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Congrats,Glad it worked out for you!!!!!!!:cool:

gravedigger
03-05-2012, 01:59 PM
Congrats,Glad it worked out for you!!!!!!!:cool:

thanks,it took time but im allmost done

Rangerj
03-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Now you can look forward to a lifetime of payments.LOL

just kidding it is a great investment.

gravedigger
03-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Now you can look forward to a lifetime of payments.LOL

just kidding it is a great investment.

no doubt.i figure one way or the other i got to have a house and buying one is cheeper then what im paying in rent.

Money Man
03-06-2012, 04:31 AM
Congrats GD. Welcome to the world of home ownership. Nothing like spending that first night in YOUR own home. Enjoy. Good luck with the move.

gravedigger
03-13-2012, 05:24 PM
so i'm still waiting on the usda to give the go ahead.still have not signed closeing papers.i got a bit upy with my loan officer and told her to quit giveing me false closeing dates and to stop the run around.we made it very clear to her that i want no guesses on closeing just facts and nothing more.tick tock im watching the clock.i hope this week but at this point who knows

Arrow Splitter
03-14-2012, 04:24 AM
so i'm still waiting on the usda to give the go ahead.still have not signed closeing papers.i got a bit upy with my loan officer and told her to quit giveing me false closeing dates and to stop the run around.we made it very clear to her that i want no guesses on closeing just facts and nothing more.tick tock im watching the clock.i hope this week but at this point who knowsI wish I knew exactly why things can't get done quickly. How long does it take to put your signature on something anyway?:rolleyes:

gravedigger
03-14-2012, 06:57 AM
I wish I knew exactly why things can't get done quickly. How long does it take to put your signature on something anyway?:rolleyes:

a guy would think it would move along in a speedy maner since everyone wants to get paid.i was told its at the usda and it firstcome first served.i was told we could close by the 29 of feb,then the first week of march then the second week so now its just waiting.i put in my 30 day notice at my rental house and it is up on april 7th.i need to get to moveing.

gravedigger
03-14-2012, 12:01 PM
got a time set.12:30 tomorrow we sign all closing papers,get the keys and start moveing.pics will be comeing asap.this house aint perty but it is nice on the inside..well nice for a first home

Arrow Splitter
03-14-2012, 03:29 PM
got a time set.12:30 tomorrow we sign all closing papers,get the keys and start moveing.pics will be comeing asap.this house aint perty but it is nice on the inside..well nice for a first homeNow that's good news.:cool: Congratulations!!!

A.S

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Now that's good news.:cool: Congratulations!!!

A.Sx2 GD congrats!!!

gravedigger
03-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Now that's good news.:cool: Congratulations!!!

A.S

x2 GD congrats!!!

thanks gents,it is good news.tomorrow i will have the keys to my new used home.this house is the first step to a bit of property in about 7-10 years.

aldenjj
03-15-2012, 06:15 AM
Digger, I would have responded earlier, but I just noticed this post. If you are still interested or want to refinance...there is a credit union called Pentagon Federal Credit union (penfed.org) If you have any affilitaion with the military, what so ever, you can join the union.
Check thier website for requirements to join. They have THE CHEAPEST!!! rates anywhere. I have a home equity loan through them and financed several cars with them. Their used vehicle loan rate is 1.99% up to 3 years, and 2.5% for 3-5 years! Good Luck!!

gravedigger
03-15-2012, 06:31 AM
Digger, I would have responded earlier, but I just noticed this post. If you are still interested or want to refinance...there is a credit union called Pentagon Federal Credit union (penfed.org) If you have any affilitaion with the military, what so ever, you can join the union.
Check thier website for requirements to join. They have THE CHEAPEST!!! rates anywhere. I have a home equity loan through them and financed several cars with them. Their used vehicle loan rate is 1.99% up to 3 years, and 2.5% for 3-5 years! Good Luck!!

thanks for that info,but im not a military man.they said no to me.im the last of my blood and when i go im taking my name to the grave with me.my grandpa and grandma where though..but i never met them.
thouse are some killer rates.i got a 30 year fixed at 3.88% and today i get the keys,well in about 5 hours i will have the keys.

bowgramp59
03-15-2012, 02:02 PM
if i had it to do all over again i would rent an appartment, and let someone else worry about painting, remodeling, digging, mowing, mowing, & mowing & more digging, & painting & replaceing the roof, and i almost forgot the most important 2 insurance & taxes. if it wern't for those 2 i would be wealthy! but i wouldn't have my nice shop to do my piddling and a place to keep my boat & welder, drill press, hay wire &
duct tape to fix broken stuff, lawn mowers so i can do all that darn mowing, ladders so i can do all that painting & remodeling. if you are a vet get a VA loan and injoy it , oh ya as we speek the neighbor kids are playing dodge ball with a bowling ball against my fence , i will probly have to replace a few boards in my fence
saturday because i have a doctors appointment tommorrow for the stress about those neighbor kids, the little
sun of a guns. oh ya thats texas talk for i forgot something, the neighbors on the other side of me their dog he likes to dig guess where he digs! yep under my fence the little sun of you know what . other than that i'm just a happy camper about my home.

gravedigger
03-15-2012, 02:23 PM
if i had it to do all over again i would rent an appartment, and let someone else worry about painting, remodeling, digging, mowing, mowing, & mowing & more digging, & painting & replaceing the roof, and i almost forgot the most important 2 insurance & taxes. if it wern't for those 2 i would be wealthy! but i wouldn't have my nice shop to do my piddling and a place to keep my boat & welder, drill press, hay wire &
duct tape to fix broken stuff, lawn mowers so i can do all that darn mowing, ladders so i can do all that painting & remodeling. if you are a vet get a VA loan and injoy it , oh ya as we speek the neighbor kids are playing dodge ball with a bowling ball against my fence , i will probly have to replace a few boards in my fence
saturday because i have a doctors appointment tommorrow for the stress about those neighbor kids, the little
sun of a guns. oh ya thats texas talk for i forgot something, the neighbors on the other side of me their dog he likes to dig guess where he digs! yep under my fence the little sun of you know what . other than that i'm just a happy camper about my home.

i cant wait.i did buy a house in a old folk area im sure im the youngest person liveing ther in a 6 block area.after hearin about what you just said from so many old people i know i found a place in a nice quiet spot next to a giant chruch.man i cant wait to do all the up keep..its what i do.im one happy camper for sure.

Money Man
03-15-2012, 05:25 PM
GD, congrats on the house. I have been busy all week and not been on here much. Happy moving.

bowgramp59
03-16-2012, 05:28 PM
i cant wait.i did buy a house in a old folk area im sure im the youngest person liveing ther in a 6 block area.after hearin about what you just said from so many old people i know i found a place in a nice quiet spot next to a giant chruch.man i cant wait to do all the up keep..its what i do.im one happy camper for sure.

while your young it is a good thing to do, but when you get old like me you don't want to much to do that requires a lot of hard work! like you when i was young i enjoyed repairing, building, yard work , and all that stuff. i still like doing my yard work, good exercise for a diabetic. i built my patio out of native sand stone
many years ago , some of those stones weighed 200 lbs. plus, could only haul 3 at a time in my little nissan pickup which at that time they where still called datsuns and to this day i'm still proud of that acomplishment. i wish you well on your project and hope you enjoy it as much as i did mine. good luck and good shooting!:)

gravedigger
03-16-2012, 06:24 PM
while your young it is a good thing to do, but when you get old like me you don't want to much to do that requires a lot of hard work! like you when i was young i enjoyed repairing, building, yard work , and all that stuff. i still like doing my yard work, good exercise for a diabetic. i built my patio out of native sand stone
many years ago , some of those stones weighed 200 lbs. plus, could only haul 3 at a time in my little nissan pickup which at that time they where still called datsuns and to this day i'm still proud of that acomplishment. i wish you well on your project and hope you enjoy it as much as i did mine. good luck and good shooting!:)

thank you sir.them datsuns are great little good looking trucks.im helping restor a friends datsun(when i have the time)

gravedigger
03-17-2012, 07:49 AM
got my keythis morning...all 10 of them.i have to work today so i will be moveing in tomorrow and my wife will be doing more packing (after she wakes up)today.

Rangerj
03-17-2012, 01:04 PM
Congratulations grave,Glad it came together for you and family.:cool:

gravedigger
03-17-2012, 06:39 PM
Congratulations grave,Glad it came together for you and family.:cool:

thank you RJ.we are packing right now and i have a few people coming over tomorrow morning to help me get all the heavy stuff out.its going to be a all night event for sure.

gravedigger
03-19-2012, 02:29 PM
got most everthing moved on sunday.i still have all the kids back yard stuff to grab but we are moved in for the most part.cant find the camera to take pics of the house but i will soon.today i took out a section of cupbords that where in the way,it opend the kitchen up a bunch.next month on dropping the trees.nice to be home.