PDA

View Full Version : serving over idler wheel

timbow
01-09-2012, 05:51 PM
I've seen bows with serving over the wheel and some without it. I have a 2010 Martin cheetah with a custom string and i had it served over the idler to protect the string. I was thinking about gettin a new string and was thinking about not having it served. has anyone had fraying or other problems in this area

elkslayer4x5
01-10-2012, 03:04 AM
Seems that in early 2010, some of the idlers left the factory a little rough, and lots of guys had more serving added to help protect the string over that rough spot, others smoothed the rough spot with emery paper, files, and or sandpaper. Hows your idler? Is it smooth? To check if it is, remove string, and drag a piece of lightweight nylon thru the grove, if its rough, the nylon will snag.

timbow
01-10-2012, 10:59 AM
I smoothed it out with really fine sandpaper and haven't had a problem but it is served there.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-10-2012, 11:20 AM
I serve them for customers if they want it. It is an optional in that year. Mine is not served and has no problems.

Hutch:cool:

timbow
01-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the info I just like the looks of no serving there so u can see more color of the custom string

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the info I just like the looks of no serving there so u can see more color of the custom stringYou can have the idler serving done in clear halo and the color will still show.

Hutch:cool: