PDA

View Full Version : Still learning

96xjclassic
01-14-2012, 05:45 PM
Hey guys, I'm still pretty new to archery and I am very interested in 3-d archery. I belong to the Izaak Walton league here in Maryland. Right now they are doing an indoor small 3-d course and when it warms up it will move outside to the large course. Before I show up I would like to have a little knowledge under my belt. I'm sure you guys can help. 1st- how is it played? 2nd- how is it scored? 3rd-What advice can you offer me? Finally, Will this benefit my skills for the upcoming hunting season or hurt it due to habits I may pick up?

96xjclassic
01-15-2012, 08:03 AM
Anyone? Please?

Spiker
01-15-2012, 08:16 AM
3-D is a great way to practice for hunting because it helps you hone in your distance judgement.
Scoring is done the same way as shooting at a normal target face.
12 points for the X, 10 for the next ring, 8 for the next etc. Or 10, 8, 5... Depending on how they mark them at the place your shooting.
You get one shot per target.

gravedigger
01-15-2012, 08:58 AM
i cant help with the rules of 3d shooting.i do shoot at a 4o target 3d course but i do it for fun and to keep up on hunting shots in the off season.when i shoot it is just me and a buddy or 2.i dont like a lot of people around me.

it really does help judge distance and keeps you in shape.

96xjclassic
01-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Sounds like a blast! I can't wait.