PDA

View Full Version : string wax

timbow
01-14-2012, 08:09 PM
I'm getting a new string and wana take care of it. The last new string I got I used scorpion venom and it frayed quickly. I was thinking about trying that string snot or bcy x wax. Any suggestions on waxes?

polaris754
01-15-2012, 01:34 AM
I use bohoning werks pretty good , let this thread go a day or two,I m sure u will get all sorts of ideas,

Ehunter
01-15-2012, 03:06 AM
There was a big dicussion on this a few months back. You might look up that thread and give it a read. Personally, I use Winner's Choice Ultimate String Care or Bohnings Xcellerator wax.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-15-2012, 03:49 AM
I use BCY X wax it has done really well. Waxing a string is okay, but getting it the wax into the string fibers is the most important thing. A wax on the softer side is easier to manage. Sorta like chap stick. These waxes seem to penetrate the string fibers much better. Then rubbing it into the string and causing friction to heat the wax up and melt it into the fibers, is the other important factor.

Hutch:cool:

EnglishKev
01-15-2012, 08:29 AM
String Snot is great, softer than most and works right in there.
Also seems to keep the colors bright.

Kev

darkember
01-15-2012, 09:54 AM
I agree with Hutch. No matter what wax you use you still need to work it into the string with friction.