PDA

View Full Version : what arrows to you suggest

gargra03
10-31-2007, 04:00 PM
Hello, I am new to bow hunting and purchased a martin bengal bow used this year. It has a 29 inch draw @ 50lb draw weight, whisker bisquit rest. I was wondering what carbon arrows, as far as weight, do you suggest. Should I shoot 500 gram ?

bfisher
10-31-2007, 05:36 PM
First off, arrows are measured in grains, not grams. A 500 gram arrow would go out of the bow and drop like a bowling ball.

No need to shoot a 500 grain arrow out of 50lbs. What to be concerned about is getting the properly spined arrow for the weight and length. lmost any properly spined arrow should be heavy enough to ward of damage to your bow and heavy enough to hunt with.

Some arrows to look at:

Gold Tip 5575 in XT's or Expeditions
Easton Epic 500 or 400
Blackhawk Vapor

Lots of others, too, but be sure and check each manufacturer's website to choose the proper spine. No need to buy the most expensive arrows either, meaning the straightest. Arrows straight within .003" are plenty good enough for all but the most descriminating shooter.

One website that may be of help is www.bowjackson.com. Use their interactive arrow chart and find more choices.

Hope this info helps.

gargra03
10-31-2007, 07:22 PM
thanks for all your help, helps me out big time there are so many arrows to choose from its almost over whelming. will look into purchasing the arrows you have suggested. Thanks again.