PDA

View Full Version : Free Feathers

Money Man
01-16-2012, 07:10 PM
Found an ad in the back of Jan/Feb 2012 issue of Bow & Arrow Hunting. True Flight feathers had an ad for free samples of 2" shield back feathers. Send an email to; email@trueflightfeathers.com I just sent an email, so hopefully I'll see some freebies in the mail soon.

bfisher
01-17-2012, 03:04 AM
Thanks for the link. I need some different colors anyway.

madman350
01-18-2012, 02:54 AM
any specifics on the coupon? do they want us just to send them in a mailing address on a e-mail? will they need two box tops to my kellogg's apple jacks, etc.? anyhow let us know i would really like to try them out.

Money Man
01-18-2012, 03:23 AM
I sent an email with my mailing address and have received no further requests for more information. I guess I just wait for the mail. I was kind of hoping for a confirmation that they received the email, but that may be asking a little too much. I'll keep everyone posted when the mail arrives.

madman350
01-23-2012, 09:41 AM
well my free true flight 2" shield feather samples came in the mail today, with a annual newsletter ,a couple nice trueflight 5 7/8" stickers, and a few colored pamphlets w/ one including fletching instructions. nice... i can't wait to get time to try them out on my new fletching jig..After this courteous gesture from trueflight i dont see me needing to search for business among any competing feather companies ... i also rec'd a email confriming they rec'd my coupon there,,,,, money man.

darkember
01-23-2012, 10:44 AM
Is this offer only for the US or will they send them across the pond??

madman350
01-23-2012, 01:12 PM
Is this offer only for the US or will they send them across the pond??

i would be surprised if they'll foot the mail cost for just a dozen or a dozen and a half free feathers..but the only to find out is check with them, for sure it will be a light package so that may hold the expense down somewhat, in the states it probably only cost them .40 or .50 cents per sample.. as tight as companies are over here budget wise, i would suspect they have to draw the line somewhere, but you never know.
maybe offer to order a few at a modest cost then ask them to throw in the free ones woild probably oblige them to make the plunge.
GOOD LUCK.. hey by the way you shoot a martin bow or what over there in them forests?

Money Man
01-23-2012, 07:13 PM
well my free true flight 2" shield feather samples came in the mail today, with a annual newsletter ,a couple nice trueflight 5 7/8" stickers, and a few colored pamphlets w/ one including fletching instructions. nice... i can't wait to get time to try them out on my new fletching jig..After this courteous gesture from trueflight i dont see me needing to search for business among any competing feather companies ... i also rec'd a email confriming they rec'd my coupon there,,,,, money man.

How long did it take to receive the samples? Sounds like a nice little sample package they put together.

madman350
01-24-2012, 04:21 AM
How long did it take to receive the samples? Sounds like a nice little sample package they put together.

i emailed them the day after you made the original post and got them yesterday. I dont have good luck with responses when used in conjunction with window live mail "contact us" links so i just emailed them directly thru my normal email account.

Money Man
01-24-2012, 04:24 AM
I emailed them the same day I posted, but mail seems to be a little slower up here. I'll keep my eyes open though, as that seems to be pretty quick. Hopefully by the end of this week. It would be a shame to waste some of the nice 40 degree days.

darkember
01-24-2012, 09:56 AM
Nice company just recieved the following back from them:)

Hello Wil,

Please let us know what size and wing you would like and we will send some to you.

Sincerely, Veronica Harvey
Office Manager
TRUEFLIGHT FEATHERS
www.trueflightfeathers.com
email@trueflightfeathers.com

Money Man
01-30-2012, 06:45 PM
I finally received my free feathers. I realized that I used my yahoo address, and maybe they do not accept yahoo due to spamming, so I sent a second email from my other account. 6 days ago I sent the second email. Today they showed up. The envelope contained several pieces of sales literature, 2 stickers and 12 feathers, some solid color and some barred. Now just need to put them on some arrows and go shoot. Currently snowing right now, supposed to get 2-4" but warmer weather Wednesday. Keeping my fingers crossed.

wscywabbit
01-31-2012, 08:34 AM
I think I may try these out as well, do you need to give a coupon code or anything, or just say "hey I saw a coupon...."

Also, I think it will be interesting to see how well these steer a broadhead, anyone have experience with them or thoughts on the matter?

madman350
01-31-2012, 12:54 PM
no coupon code req'd... just contact w/ email and be sure it contains your mailing address info..

TOMAXIMUS
01-31-2012, 01:31 PM
Hopefully mine will come this week!

rdhj
02-02-2012, 08:24 AM
just sent my email...thanks for the heads up..always up for free stuff