PDA

View Full Version : Old ('90) Prowler... Draw lenght...

bujapat
11-02-2007, 02:17 AM
Hi all... I'm from Belgium, frenchspeaking part of the country...
I've an old Martin Prowler compound bow (and also an older MTD recurve).
I recently had to change the string, and I went to the local Martin reseller who replaced the string. But it seems that the draw lenght has changed...
I wandered if it would be possible to change this draw lenght simply by attaching the string in the 2 other holes on the wheels.
I don't know exactly the model nor the year of purchase, so I send a few pics. It has a magnesium handle.

I hope someone would help... Thanks in advance.

oldgoat
11-05-2007, 06:25 PM
hello

from what i see in the pic i would say yes it is an adjustment hole but what i would do is put the bow in a bow press, take the tension off the strings, lossen the the peg up and pull it off, now check to see if both holes are the same in size, if they are then move the peg to the other hole and tighten it up -just dont over tighten.

from what i can tell this will shorten up the draw, is this what you want??
if it is you might start just putting in or take out 1-2 twists in the string- mainly for a fine tune adjustment. also if you find the just twisting the string 1-2 times doesent get you to the right point and you goto make the peg adjustment put back the twists you did before, then adjust the pegs and if you still need a little more then the 1-2 adjustment should get you there.

if you do the peg adjustment i think its one peg at a time and check draw - this is just a guess - not sure on how martin want it done. if you have to write the steps you do down so you can back track if you want.
hope thia helps

oldgoat

bfisher
11-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Moving the string from where it is nw to the 2nd hole, as you put it, will shorten the draw length 1/2" (13mm). This 1/2" on each wheel. And it is not necessary to change the string position on both wheels. You can only do one for 1/2" change if you so desire.

As oldgoat mentioned you can make fine adjustments to fine tune your draw length by twisting the string a little and trying it.

bujapat
11-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Thanks, bfisher and oldgoat ! I've moved the string to the two other holes and fine tuned twisting the string...

I'd say "Perfect"! I retrieved my draw lenght and all the mechanic is OK at full draw !

Thanks again for your advises !:)