PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting Letoff on Shadowcat

CarlosII
01-20-2012, 03:29 AM
I'm wanting to play with the let-off on my SC. As I understand it that means moving the draw-stop peg. I'm dense, so I need some hand holding. I've moved the draw stop before and all that I can see what it does is, it changes the draw length a tad.

Any description of how to go about this will be appreciated. Right now I feel like I'm not really holding that much and the big boys down at the pool hall tell me I need more holding weight if I'm gonna shoot back tension.

archerx7
01-20-2012, 05:20 AM
It will take some experimenting on your part, but you'll most likley have to move the mods to the next longest setting and then begin to shorten the draw stop untill you get back to the correct draw length which should lower the letoff and bring the holding weight up to where you can run with the big dogs at the pool hall.

Buzz Lite Beer
01-20-2012, 07:09 AM
Yeah! basically as said above, move the draw stop peg to the +ve end of it's range, set your draw length with the module adjustment feature so that the cables and vertical part of the module are effectively the " draw stop" then slide the stop peg down so it hits the limb at this same module adjusted draw length (Friend or mirror required), then rotate module either one or two hole values higher and you will get nearer 60-70% let-off values you are seeking.

CarlosII
01-20-2012, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the replies. I've read a lot of comments about how raising the holding weight improves shooting with back tension. Is this commonly accepted at The Truth?

Buzz Lite Beer
01-20-2012, 10:31 PM
A lot of target archers like a higher holding weight as it gives you something to "brace into" during windy conditions, trying achieve the same solely by pulling harder into the draw stop peg with a high let-off will mean you could actually be flexing/compressing the limb and that job should really be left to the action of the cam.