PDA

View Full Version : Exile vs. Exile Pro...what's the difference?

BlondeBomber
01-20-2012, 05:58 PM
What are the main differences between the two? On one pricing list that I saw, the Exile was more expensive than the Exile Pro, this seems counter-intuitive.

Arrow Splitter
01-21-2012, 04:40 AM
What are the main differences between the two? On one pricing list that I saw, the Exile was more expensive than the Exile Pro, this seems counter-intuitive.Two different risers. The Exile has a few more cut outs in the riser and a rear STS hole which makes it more expensive than the Pro.

A.S

EDIT: I got the info wrong. The Exile Pro accepts the STS, not the Exile. However, according to the pictures the Exile does indeed require more machining, which makes it more expensive.

HawgEnvy
01-21-2012, 06:19 AM
http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/showthread.php?22335-Prices-and-fury-XT-cams

Pg.2 of this thread

C Bailey
01-21-2012, 09:40 PM
Two different risers. The Exile has a few more cut outs in the riser and a rear STS hole which makes it more expensive than the Pro.

A.S

Martin's own catalog contradicts this, but their catalogs have had errors in the past. The description of the Exile Pro indicates it accepts the Martin STS, but there is no mention of that for the Exile. In addition, the Prowler seems to be priced between the Exile and Exile pro and actually includes the STS, not just the hole. Martin even describes the Prowler as "the more advanced big brother to the Exile", yet is less expensive than the Exile. Something doesn't add up. I'm not sure why Martin has three of their 7 gold series bows locked up in 30" ata/7" BH single cam models, but the Prowler seems like the best value.

That said, the new Bengal looks like a killer deal at $449.

Arrow Splitter
01-22-2012, 04:57 AM
Martin's own catalog contradicts this, but their catalogs have had errors in the past. The description of the Exile Pro indicates it accepts the Martin STS, but there is no mention of that for the Exile. In addition, the Prowler seems to be priced between the Exile and Exile pro and actually includes the STS, not just the hole. Martin even describes the Prowler as "the more advanced big brother to the Exile", yet is less expensive than the Exile. Something doesn't add up. I'm not sure why Martin has three of their 7 gold series bows locked up in 30" ata/7" BH single cam models, but the Prowler seems like the best value.

That said, the new Bengal looks like a killer deal at $449.You're correct. I got the two mixed up. The Prowler Pro also seems to require less machining, which could be why it is less expensive.

C Bailey
01-22-2012, 09:23 AM
To add one more thing, the Exile looks identical to last year's model except for the cams and it seems like the price went up by about 20%. Is that right? The online Martin catalog has the 2011 at $360. Is that the standard 2011 price, or a discount on old bows?

Also, did Martin really completely drop the Leopard? What does Martin offer in 2012 for youth or small adults with DL shorter than the Prowler's 24 inches, besides the Tiger of course? The way the Fury XT cam is built, it seems like a no brainer to design a smaller version that adds the XT's wide poundage range to the short draw length of the outgoing Accutrak 1.5 cam.

dzsmith
01-23-2012, 09:09 PM
What are the main differences between the two? On one pricing list that I saw, the Exile was more expensive than the Exile Pro, this seems counter-intuitive.
if you read the specs on martins website there are two technical differences, i know the pro is 30" ata while the exile 30 1/4" ata, i forgot what the other diff is but i remember looking into this on their site once

dzsmith
01-23-2012, 09:14 PM
the crossfire seems to be the best deal to me for 2012, i dont know what its price is, but its dual nitro cammed and its 30"ata which is perfect for treestands. plus you can get it with camo cams. a lot of power in a small package. i believe their site is wrong becuase it only claims 330 fps on the crossfire, yet it has dual nitro cams??? seems like it should be in the 340 range

Ehunter
01-24-2012, 01:21 AM
With that short of an ATA, I'd imagine that the 330 fps is right.

C Bailey
01-24-2012, 08:07 AM

Note that the speed that they quote for the Crossfire is at it's max of 29" DL, rather than the standard 30". So, at the same DL (i.e., 28") the speed difference won't be as much as the difference between the numbers in the product descriptions.

What I would like to see is a real world comparison of the 2012 versions of the bows that are available with the two different cams (Cougars, Silencers, Crossfire/Prowler). Side by side with same DW, DL, arrow spec (65lb, 28.5", 390 grain arrow would be nice :D). THe reviews I have been reading indicates the Fury is a little more aggressive than the previous single cam systems, while the Nitro is less aggressive than previous CAT cams. This suggests that the performance difference between the two cam systems is less than in the past. Is it worth the extra $100? That is a big bump for a $400 to $500 bow.

droppixel
01-24-2012, 08:47 AM

Do shorter ATA bows generally put out more speed than that of longer ATA with the same cam set up?

wscywabbit
01-24-2012, 09:13 AM
I don't know if they do or not, but if the BH and the cam system, and limb deflection is the same, then the main difference would be perhaps string weight... a longer bow would have more string weight to pull forward. Only thing that makes sense to me lol.

Spiker
01-24-2012, 09:15 AM
I have 2 Alien X's, 31.5" ata, one at 62# and one at 52#.
I also have 2 Alien Z's, 36" ata, one at 62# and one at 52#.
All 4 have the same cams, set up the same, same stuff on the strings etc.
Both of the AZ's with the longer ata's shoot slower than the AX's shooting the same arrows.

droppixel
01-24-2012, 12:08 PM
I have 2 Alien X's, 31.5" ata, one at 62# and one at 52#.
I also have 2 Alien Z's, 36" ata, one at 62# and one at 52#.
All 4 have the same cams, set up the same, same stuff on the strings etc.
Both of the AZ's with the longer ata's shoot slower than the AX's shooting the same arrows.

Sounds like a pretty good argument to me ... those bows are essentially the same thing minus the longer ATA - and what wscy mentioned about the longer string and weight of said string, would make sense ... interesting stuff either way.