PDA

View Full Version : New Archer & Chain Stores

paradude54
11-03-2007, 01:46 AM
Does Martin sell to some chains and market their bow under a different model name? For example, I was at a store today and found a Martin bow that I liked, but it's called the Monster Buck. I can't find anything on the Martin website about it. The specs are quite similiar to the Cheetah. They had another called the Wildcat that appears to be a re-named Bengal. Both model bows are clearly marked with the Martin name and moniker, so now I'm confused!:confused: :confused: :confused:

bfisher
11-03-2007, 06:15 PM
What you saw and percieved is correct. Martin does indeed make some bows for box stores. One I'm pretty sure of is Dick's. I've seen it mentioned by other guys on some forums. And the two you mentioned is what I've heard, Cheeteah and Bengl with a different name.

This isn't really that uncommon. I used to work at a Gander Mt. store and Bowtech made a bow with Gander's logo, for Gander. There are others, too, but I can't remember them right now.

paradude54
11-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Thanks, that's what I thought, but it does get confusing. Especially when your knowledge of bows is pretty much limited to what you've read in books and online. I am fortunate enough to know a couple of people that hunt with bows are pretty knowledgeable, but neither of them uses a Martin. The store that I was referring to is Dick's. They have a manager for the sporting goods section that doesn't know much about firearms, but has been using a bow since she was old enough to hold one.

HIRT
01-13-2009, 06:57 PM
Paradude54, nothing wrong with a chain store selling a quality bow under a different name. Arrows are the same way. Gold tip make a line especially for Dicks, Cabellas ect. Like everything else nowadays you just have to do your research. I will admit that the sales person will make all the difference. As with any retailer if they won't take the time to work with you move on to another. My suggestion is do your research then go to your local pro shop. Ask questions, shoot some bows. Depending on your wallet make a desicion. I am a new archer as well. Did all my homework and even shot the big boys (Hoyt/Mathews). Great bows but not for me right now as a beginner. Bought a Martin Tropy Hunter ( bassed on 09 Saber) and I am completly satisfied. Saved some bucks, shoots great and looking forward to next season. Good luck.