PDA

View Full Version : Read this

Arrow Splitter
01-22-2012, 08:05 AM
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1674040&highlight=martin
"I noticed it comes in waves ...
Mathews was nearly burned at stake when they came out with gridlock design
Bowtech moved production to Mars to get away from customers - due to shallow cams, flex guard , overbinary and limbs
Hoyt received railcar donation of lube for drypockethisis and duct tape for splinters
PSE broke sound barrier many times over
Ht arrows were the greatest sticks on earth , until every staffer got a finger from company....

....and so on and on.

This is Archery Talk ... Sewing circle , Gossip channel for men. If You take any of these opinions to heart , please click ALT+F4 to cure this problem."

It's too bad that people have to ruin forums by bashing someone because they like a different brand. I think this AT member has a good point.

A.S

bfisher
01-22-2012, 12:06 PM
I spend my share of time on AT and have learned to just not read all those posts. In fact I rarely read anything pertaining to any bow brands other than Martin. Not that I'm a Martin fan boy. Just that there are so many people that buy many of the high priced bows and know little or nothing about archery at all. Example: Quote-- "I just paid $1300 for ***** bow. How do I move my peep sight 1/8?" I don't have time for this kind of ignorance and if I stated such I'd get banned for being honest. Same goes for bashing. I refuse to get involved.

Arrow Splitter
01-22-2012, 12:11 PM
I spend my share of time on AT and have learned to just not read all those posts. In fact I rarely read anything pertaining to any bow brands other than Martin. Not that I'm a Martin fan boy. Just that there are so many people that buy many of the high priced bows and know little or nothing about archery at all. Example: Quote-- "I just paid $1300 for ***** bow. How do I move my peep sight 1/8?" I don't have time for this kind of ignorance and if I stated such I'd get banned for being honest. Same goes for bashing. I refuse to get involved.Exactly. I don't get involved in threads like that anymore either. It is just is a waste of time.

Double S
01-22-2012, 12:39 PM
I have no choice...I have to read them whether I like it or not. At the height of my hunting forum Addiction which was 14-15 forums. Every forum will have this type of stuff. I got burned out from too many forums and deleted most of them except for here and AT, facebook and Youtube. AT is numero Uno at last count. I forgot who does the tallying. If people look for negative thread, all they will find is the negative threads. I just grow thicker skin. lol

droppixel
01-22-2012, 12:50 PM
I spend my share of time on AT and have learned to just not read all those posts. In fact I rarely read anything pertaining to any bow brands other than Martin. Not that I'm a Martin fan boy. Just that there are so many people that buy many of the high priced bows and know little or nothing about archery at all. Example: Quote-- "I just paid $1300 for ***** bow. How do I move my peep sight 1/8?" I don't have time for this kind of ignorance and if I stated such I'd get banned for being honest. Same goes for bashing. I refuse to get involved.

Those drive me bonkers too. In my opinion if you don't know how to do simple things with your own bow, you shouldn't own one. If you need a pro shop to do everything for you ... please.

The bash this bash that threads that pop up all over the place are pretty old and it is sad to see when some people are generally trying to get an answer out of a real question, like myself early last year, you get all the trolls in the world throwing out garbage you didn't ask for. Not a direct example, but something you would see all the time is something like this:

Q: I'm interesting in shooting X Fixed blade vs Y Fixed blade, which do you think is going to best work with ... ?
A: Rage

==

Q: Do you think NAP Spitfire or Grimreapers are the way to go for expandables and my set up?
A: Slick Tricks

Ehunter
01-22-2012, 01:27 PM
I was on AT for a few months when I first started coming to bow forums. After a few weeks, I realised that virtually noone was there to help, just endorse or bash companies and products. I check in occasionally to make sure I don't have any mail, or to look over the classifieds, and that's it. The funniest thing to me is, of all the bow brands out there, there's always a disproportionate amount of the BIG 3 up for sale. If there so good, why is everyone selling theirs? lol

bfisher
01-22-2012, 05:29 PM
I was on AT for a few months when I first started coming to bow forums. After a few weeks, I realised that virtually noone was there to help, just endorse or bash companies and products. I check in occasionally to make sure I don't have any mail, or to look over the classifieds, and that's it. The funniest thing to me is, of all the bow brands out there, there's always a disproportionate amount of the BIG 3 up for sale. If there so good, why is everyone selling theirs? lol

On the other hand, why do you have so many Martins? You might give somebody else a chance to buy some. LOL.

Ehunter
01-22-2012, 05:41 PM
Well Barry, I gave up drinking, gambling, and womanizing, so I have to have one vise at least. lol I just never realised the bow addiction was going to be more expensive. lol

NeilMac
01-22-2012, 11:18 PM
I am a frequent AT visitor, but 99% of my time is spent in the Finger Forum, or in the Classifieds, which is where I got both of my Shadowcats.

I got burned by the fanboys, when I got a reprimand and told I was not allowed to post anything regarding Oneida bows, 'as there were too many Monster Bow owners bashing a certain dealer'. At the time, I owned two Oneida's and didn't own a Monster! Go figure.

Those fan boy fights make me laugh; I can understand brand loyalty, but when all is said and done they are paying customers, not members of staff, so why those boys get so heated is beyond me. Pride I guess, and we all know where that one leads.

I also love the 'that's my next bow' posts, after they have seen one preview photo, or a picture of the bow at ATA. Three months later, the bow is in the classifieds, along with four of the other five bows the guy just bought.

Skbengal
01-23-2012, 12:50 PM
I'm kinda puzzled. People talk about fanboys as though it's something bad. I'm a Martin fanboy. I have a Bengal and I'm more than pleased with it! It's been a great bow and I've experienced great customer service. That made me a fan! Since then, my wife, nephew and good friend have all gotten Martins. We're all Martin fanboys! Martin earned our respect and loyalty. Being a fan doesn't mean you trash everybody else, it means you promote that which you believe in. I know where you guys are going with the "fanboy" thing, but sometimes a jerk is just a jerk.

Arrow Splitter
01-23-2012, 01:02 PM
I'm kinda puzzled. People talk about fanboys as though it's something bad. I'm a Martin fanboy. I have a Bengal and I'm more than pleased with it! It's been a great bow and I've experienced great customer service. That made me a fan! Since then, my wife, nephew and good friend have all gotten Martins. We're all Martin fanboys! Martin earned our respect and loyalty. Being a fan doesn't mean you trash everybody else, it means you promote that which you believe in. I know where you guys are going with the "fanboy" thing, but sometimes a jerk is just a jerk.Understood. Good point.

A.S

MLN1963
01-23-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm kinda puzzled. People talk about fanboys as though it's something bad. I'm a Martin fanboy. I have a Bengal and I'm more than pleased with it! It's been a great bow and I've experienced great customer service. That made me a fan! Since then, my wife, nephew and good friend have all gotten Martins. We're all Martin fanboys! Martin earned our respect and loyalty. Being a fan doesn't mean you trash everybody else, it means you promote that which you believe in. I know where you guys are going with the "fanboy" thing, but sometimes a jerk is just a jerk.

IMO that is the difference, a FAN is a good thing, they like what they have, they'll promote it to others as an option, but not the only option. A fanboy has no respect or regard for other brands or people shooting other brands. They follow blindly like lemmings. If that brand is paying them (and well) to shoot their product then I will cut them a little slack, but not complete, unless they acknowledge that there are other viable options out there. In very few instances is there only one viable option.

If you look in my driveway, garage, gun cabinet, tool box or elsewhere you will see that I'm anything but brand loyal. I buy what I like or at times what I can afford.

Double S
01-23-2012, 02:20 PM
In my area it's mostly rifle hunters. So when I'm out with my bow and some guys pass bye stop to say hello specially when it's early September bow season 90 plus degree's. They give me respect. When i see another bow hunter, I'm the same way. I don't even look at the bow brand. I just like seeing a bow. Some of the rifle hunters that I know sometimes mock me but I know they just kid. When they see me dragging a deer out. They automatically stop to help me.

HawgEnvy
01-24-2012, 05:21 AM
I avoided opening that thread...ON PURPOSE! LOL

I avoid getting into stupid arguments and discussions. I try to help with whatever I can and I give my honest,unbiased opinions about things. I give my reasons for shooting/liking a particular brand as well as my reasons for not shooting others. E.G. Mathews grips suck,they're top heavy and awkward to shoot and the G-lock riser looks ridiculous. Hoyt's grip are very comfortable and accurate for me,but the valley,actually the lack of,isn't conducive to long sits in cold weather.

What I really don't understand is why these guys refuse to shoot a certain bow because of the men behind them(Kevin Strothers,Andy Ross). These two guys know how to build some great shooting bows. Who gives a rats a.. about their personal/business issues/decisions. It doesn't change the fact that their bows flat out shoot and are some of the best performing bows on the market. By far much better shooters than even Hoyt and Mathews. But they're ignored by the masses because of thing that have no effect on the guys shooting/buying the bows. I personally don't comprehend the mentality behind that. And I also see no reason to defend my brand choice. I don't know anyone from these forums and probably won't ever meet any of them. Their opinions don't mean jack to me. I shoot what I like.

bowgramp59
01-25-2012, 02:16 PM
i just have to go over there once in a while and get my daily laugh ! i don't like to get into there childish bickering over who has the best bow. we all here know what the best bows are , or we wouldn't be shooting them, i was reading a conversasion about elite bows the other day no dought they are good bows! i just couldn't resist jumping in and saying, someone must have heard something bad about the bow or the company, have you seen how many elites are for sale in the classifieds? then i clicked out & went to the classifieds.