PDA

View Full Version : Sunday shoot.

Don B
01-23-2012, 12:58 AM
Sue and I joined some good friends at a local shoot Sunday. Had a great time. I shot a 331 for first in my class and Sue shot a 145 in her class for 2nd.
This was sue's first time shooting Bowhunter freestyle. She finally had more hits than misses at a shoot.
She said she likes sights better than no sights....LOL
The pic. of Sue is of a 65 yard shot, right in the 10 spot, she outshot all us guys.
Don.

Double S
01-25-2012, 06:58 PM
That looks like a lot of fun.

NeilMac
01-25-2012, 09:19 PM
It's wet'n'windy here at present, so very little archery and no competitions yet; looks like you all had a good day.

Hat's off to Sue, I shot the same target at the same distance this year at a shoot over in Wales, didn't manage to hit the spot though.

Don B
01-26-2012, 10:22 AM
As it stands now, Sue and I have a 3-D someplace every Sunday. All within 1-1/2 hour drive from home.
Here is our shoot calendar.....http://www.cbhsaa.net/index_files/Ongoing.html
Don.

NeilMac
01-26-2012, 11:57 AM
Our season starts to get going late Feb early March; up until then it is just too wet, cold or icy depending where you are.

After that, things really get busy and I could pretty much be at a shoot every weekend, plus the Scottish Champs in April, the National 3D Champs in June and then the National Champs in Sept.

Roll on March :D

Spiker
01-26-2012, 11:58 AM
I envy you two.!
There are no in town shoots here of any kind or even a shop that has an indoor range.
The Division of Wildlife has a pretty decent block target range, just outside of town, that you can go shoot at any time, no fee's, - but
there are never any real shoots there.
The nearest 3-d shoots are 45min away (if you haul ***) but they only have maybe a 1/2 dozen per year. (Great ranges tho.!)
The next nearest places are 2 1/2 hrs each way.
It is a bummer.

NeilMac
01-26-2012, 12:13 PM
Most of the competitions I go to are 1 to 2 hours drive, but as I travel as part of my job (I'm in sales), they all feel like local shoots to me.

We don't have shops that organise shoots over here. Instead we have a large number of clubs who are all affiliated to NFAS, and so all the comps are shot to the same rules and scoring system. Each is a stand alone competition, but you need to have taken part in a qualifying number of shoots before you can enter the 3D or Nat Champs; those are the only two shoots directly organised by NFAS (National Field Archery Assoc).

The Scottish Champs are about a 6 hour drive away, the 3D Champs are in Derbyshire this year, which is 3 hours away, not sure where the Nats are yet, the venue has not been announced, but as they are all 2 days shoots, I find a local hotel and stay over.