PDA

View Full Version : Accepted a new job

droppixel
01-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Been a crazy week, this has happened very fast. I accepted a new position today. Fun thing about that is my current employer has a sweet vacation policy. At the time of separation any unused or accrued time will be paid out at the employee's base rate salary.

So essentially I am getting a 3 week bonus when I bounce ... might have found my way to get a new bow ... just need to convince the ball and chain that I'm able to do so. Probably going to have to buy her something really nice to make up the difference. ;)

Double S
01-26-2012, 06:25 PM
Very nice. Congrats on the new job!.

MLN1963
01-26-2012, 06:45 PM
Drop

I'm almost positive that that is the law, not their sweet vacation policy. You earned the vacation so they have to pay you for it. Sick time, not so much.

Money Man
01-26-2012, 07:08 PM
If she knows about the 3 weeks pay, just tell her they took a lot out in taxes. If she doesn't know about it... head for the shop before she does. Good luck with the new job.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-27-2012, 12:10 AM

Buy her something, Btw Congrats on the step up.

Hutch:cool:

droppixel
01-27-2012, 03:09 AM

Buy her something, Btw Congrats on the step up.

Hahha so true. Yeah she knows about it, I've already got plans for a compensatory gift for her. Still might need to pull some strings to make it happen, but we are also getting a pretty beastly tax return ... no way I could talk her into using that.

Simple Life
01-27-2012, 07:44 AM
Congratulations DP,hope you also get a new toy:D
SL

bfisher
01-27-2012, 07:49 AM
New job. New bow. Same old wife with a new gift. Who ever said life can't be a bed of roses. Wish you luck with all 3.

gravedigger
01-27-2012, 08:31 AM
congrats on a new job.
just get the bow,bring it home and when your wife starts in on ya tell her your the man and your putting your foot down.

caution to the above.....men putting ther foot down might just loose that foot.lol

droppixel
01-27-2012, 09:28 AM
congrats on a new job.
just get the bow,bring it home and when your wife starts in on ya tell her your the man and your putting your foot down.

caution to the above.....men putting ther foot down might just loose that foot.lol

Good advice. I think the only main thing should would have a problem with ... aside from the money ... is that she just bought me my Cheetah for Christmas last year. I shot the living snot out of it all year, hunted with it and love it to death. Just like to get another toy. I'm sure I'll hang onto the Cheetah for personal reasons and I can imagine many people looking for an 07 Cheetah anytime soon.

gravedigger
01-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Good advice. I think the only main thing should would have a problem with ... aside from the money ... is that she just bought me my Cheetah for Christmas last year. I shot the living snot out of it all year, hunted with it and love it to death. Just like to get another toy. I'm sure I'll hang onto the Cheetah for personal reasons and I can imagine many people looking for an 07 Cheetah anytime soon.

i want lots of bows,at least 10.i just want to hang them on the wall and have to pic and choose what bow would i like to shoot today.of course i will allway have a bow just for hunting but it would be nice to loan a bow or try to get some other people into archery.my bengal will never leave me.

another way to go about it is to tell her she bought you a bow and now you get to buy yourself a bow.

the way i see it is all us men with with a wife need to stand up and law down the law every 5 or 10 years,ya know just to let the wifes know we are still here and not a giant blob of......yes deer..........yes honey.......what ever makes you happy wife.lol

droppixel
01-27-2012, 11:52 AM
I know for sure my dad would consider shooting mine and I would be happy to have him shoot it. He is shooter a super old Parker or PSE. He has another older Cheetah that I used to shoot actually, that could be a nice shooter for him, it is just a hair too long. It had a dual cam conversion on it, so not sure which they are for what modules would help that.

And I just deuced in my pants ... just did the math on my vacation payout and it will be around $5,600 before taxes ... :D

gravedigger
01-27-2012, 12:11 PM
I know for sure my dad would consider shooting mine and I would be happy to have him shoot it. He is shooter a super old Parker or PSE. He has another older Cheetah that I used to shoot actually, that could be a nice shooter for him, it is just a hair too long. It had a dual cam conversion on it, so not sure which they are for what modules would help that.

And I just deuced in my pants ... just did the math on my vacation payout and it will be around $5,600 before taxes ... :D

that 5600 is a new bow and a vacation or a elk hunting trip in oregon.;)

Arrow Splitter
01-27-2012, 03:45 PM
Congrats droppixel and I hope your new job goes well for you.

A.S

elkslayer4x5
01-28-2012, 05:29 AM
Good advice. I think the only main thing should would have a problem with ... aside from the money ... is that she just bought me my Cheetah for Christmas last year. I shot the living snot out of it all year, hunted with it and love it to death. Just like to get another toy. I'm sure I'll hang onto the Cheetah for personal reasons and I ca'nt imagine many people looking for an 07 Cheetah anytime soon.

You ca'nt? Must not have a 5'11" 180 lb grandson thats almost 14 ( in two weeks ) like I do then. :D

droppixel
01-30-2012, 02:43 PM
You ca'nt? Must not have a 5'11" 180 lb grandson thats almost 14 ( in two weeks ) like I do then. :D

Are you implying something there Mr.4x5? And yes I brutalized that can't spelling ;)

elkslayer4x5
01-31-2012, 05:07 AM
Only that a lot of people would be interested in your 07 Cheetah, including my grandson. :D

droppixel
01-31-2012, 05:14 AM
Well then that certainly shakes some things up a bit. I'm really planning on making this bow purchase go through, so that is something I could consider if everything plays out properly.

droppixel
02-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Well, I've pretty much settled on a deal for an Alien X - just got to wait for that check and get a payment out. I'll have to do some debating about if I want to sell the Cheetah, wouldn't rule it out I suppose.

droppixel
02-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Got the check and sent payment for the Alien X! Gonna be picture time when it comes!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Congrats!! soon you will be X'ed or is that Alien'd ;)

droppixel
02-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Should be here by the end of the week! I'm getting so jazzed!

MLN1963
02-13-2012, 03:58 PM
Sweet. Of course you will need to post pics when you get it all set up the way you like it.

Ehunter
02-13-2012, 04:07 PM
Congrats Drop. I think you made a great choice.

droppixel
02-14-2012, 03:57 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/r0no15.png

:D

gravedigger
02-14-2012, 04:05 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/r0no15.png

:D

i keep trying to change delivery but the dang thing wont let me:mad::p

Arrow Splitter
02-15-2012, 01:09 AM
i keep trying to change delivery but the dang thing wont let me:mad::pYou'll just have to intercept it, and FedEx will have to pay for new one because they'll think they lost the first one.:D

Spiker
02-15-2012, 03:34 AM
A FedEx truck was held up today by an unknown masked man carrying a Bengal and wearing an OSU hoodie...

News at 11:00.

droppixel
02-15-2012, 07:02 AM
You'll just have to intercept it, and FedEx will have to pay for new one because they'll think they lost the first one.:D

LOL If he is going to do that, he better get a plane ticket or get in his car and get cookin! He's got a lot of ground to cover!

Jason
02-15-2012, 08:58 PM
I also just got a nice new job so I am in the clouds right now knowing how you feel. I was laid off from my 4 year job with the coal company on FEB 1st. On Feb 2nd a big chemical company called me to with them. Very good company to work for. Good pay, schedule, etc. Cant wait. My congrats. Its nice during some portions of the country and industry that are struggling there are still those are doing well and moving forward. Glad to hear you and I are one of them.

droppixel
02-16-2012, 04:28 AM
If all goes well it is D-Day! And congrats to you Jason. I was fortunate enough to have had my previous position for over 5 1/2 years and decided to leave on my own accord. Management changes were taking place that ultimately created a very toxic environment. I'm in my first week still at the new job, but can honestly say I enjoy this much more than what I recently came from so far. My first job was great for a long time, the management changes just started taking place in the past few months, so that is when it took a turn.

Arrow Splitter
02-16-2012, 10:15 AM
A FedEx truck was held up today by an unknown masked man carrying a Bengal and wearing an OSU hoodie...

News at 11:00.Details: The driver said a masked man suddenly stepped out in the road with a drawn compound bow. The driver brought the truck to a stop, and by the time he realized what was going on, the masked man had taken a thin, long box out of the truck and ran off. Police say that one witteness could only say that he believes he had seen the masked man before at Mountain View Cemetery.
If you have any information that can help police, please call (230) 555-1237.

droppixel
02-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Details: The driver said a masked man suddenly stepped out in the road with a drawn compound bow. The driver brought the truck to a stop, and by the time he realized what was going on, the masked man had taken a thin, long box out of the truck and ran off. Police say that one witteness could only say that he believes he had seen the masked man before at Mountain View Cemetery.

That's great, but I just got notice that the bow has been delivered! I'm dying to get home now, got 2 hours before I get out of here. Hope to have it unboxed in a timely fashion, check it all out and hopefully put some arrows through it tonight. Pictures of course to follow ;)

Arrow Splitter
02-16-2012, 11:08 AM
That's great, but I just got notice that the bow has been delivered! I'm dying to get home now, got 2 hours before I get out of here. Hope to have it unboxed in a timely fashion, check it all out and hopefully put some arrows through it tonight. Pictures of course to follow ;)Ah, but you don't know what, if anything, is in the box.:p I've been to Plano IL. before, you know.:D

gravedigger
02-16-2012, 11:08 AM
Details: The driver said a masked man suddenly stepped out in the road with a drawn compound bow. The driver brought the truck to a stop, and by the time he realized what was going on, the masked man had taken a thin, long box out of the truck and ran off. Police say that one witteness could only say that he believes he had seen the masked man before at Mountain View Cemetery.

true story right ther.turns out that long thin box was a hoyt so i threw it back on the truck and got out of dodge,back home now waiting for the fuzz to come for me,but once they see it was a martin i was after and only came across a hoyt im sure they will let me go.lol.:p
caution:not bashing just playing:eek:

gravedigger
02-16-2012, 11:10 AM
That's great, but I just got notice that the bow has been delivered! I'm dying to get home now, got 2 hours before I get out of here. Hope to have it unboxed in a timely fashion, check it all out and hopefully put some arrows through it tonight. Pictures of course to follow ;)

well it looks like you have come down with a case of the iwanttogohomeandgetmynewbow-ides:p

Arrow Splitter
02-16-2012, 11:11 AM
true story right ther.turns out that long thin box was a hoyt so i threw it back on the truck and got out of dodge,back home now waiting for the fuzz to come for me,but once they see it was a martin i was after and only came across a hoyt im sure they will let me go.lol.:p
caution:not bashing just playing:eek:I appreciate the tip. I guess I won't have to rush to Illinois now. :D

gravedigger
02-16-2012, 11:18 AM
I appreciate the tip. I guess I won't have to rush to Illinois now I guess. :D

no need to rush,although the truck driver was trying to make me take the bow and i was not haveing it.;)