PDA

View Full Version : Sticky cable slide

bob cooly
01-27-2012, 01:38 PM
What do you use to clean/lube your cable slide? Bought a new one from Alpine and it is just too tight to use, My stock Martin is loose and slides ok without the strings on but sticks with the strings on.

Buzz Lite Beer
01-27-2012, 01:48 PM
I just use the lead from an HB pencil on the back of the slide rod, the graphite content is high enough for effective slick lubrication, though there is the risk of it transfering onto clothing and hands etc.

bob cooly
01-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Did use some powdered grafite but it still wants to grab a little. Rod and slide seem very smooth no nicks or any thing.

bowgramp59
01-27-2012, 02:01 PM
i clean the rod and inside the slide with alcohol and wipe it with a clean micro fiber towel, i don't put anything
on the rod! i also tried one of those alpine super slides, the grey martin slide has worked best for me. it is a tad longer than most, that moves the cables a little closer in, still have good vane clearence.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-27-2012, 02:40 PM
Curtis is telling you like it is, clean the rod and don't put anything on it. Certain cable glides don't slide well when they are new. I have tried a few and Martin seemed to work the best. Not saying it is the best but works well for me.

Hutch:cool:

bob cooly
01-28-2012, 05:33 AM
Have done the alcohol cleaning but the slide still sticks. Guess I'll look for a new slide. Thanks.