PDA

View Full Version : Onza 3 Letoff Issue

Knifeman
01-28-2012, 03:30 PM
I owned my Onza 3 for about 10 minutes before my son decided to pick it up and dry fire it.... so after the new strings and cams were put on I noticed the letoff changed significantly. This was before the stop pin was set. Initially the letoff felt perfect. After the new cams the letoff feels so significant that the string feels like it nearly goes slack. I have no way to measure it right now, but it literally feels like a 95% letoff. To clarify I mean at a neutral position on the cams before adjusting the stop pin. The timing on the cams is even. Would adjusting cable twist change this? Or do I need to just use the cable stop pin?

MLN1963
01-28-2012, 09:15 PM
The draw stop is likely set too long.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-29-2012, 02:49 AM
Welcome to the forum Knifeman, The draw stop is probably the issue as MLN has said. You will need to adjust it. Here is the link to the manual.http://www.martinarchery.com/manuals/2012_Martin_Compound_Manual.pdf

Hutch:cool:

Knifeman
02-03-2012, 09:31 PM
Thank you both for your answers.

tvs
02-04-2012, 04:27 PM
send your bow in for repair with cat cam too must let-off is looking for trouble. my dealing with cat-cam so flat spot on bearing are likly do to the dry fire