PDA

View Full Version : martin mystic

minnie
01-28-2012, 09:31 PM
have a martin mystic furious x, small modules, small cams and 1H limbs, very nice bow, has shot well for 18 months since buying second hand from another forum. i have a 25 inch draw length, and i have always understood that i had 25 to 40# available. believed i was shooting 36# for the last few months and went to increse the draw weight up to 38 today but could only get it to 36.4 on the scales when wound up fully. befor attempting to increase i only had 34.5. been months since last on the scales and have shot lots of arrows.

should i have 40# available?

if i should have 40# available, how can i get it?

hope you can help.

Speedykills
01-29-2012, 02:20 AM
Sounds like you have string stretch and thats why you cant get 40# out of the bow.Make sure axle to axle length is correct.you might have to twist up the string and cable's to achieve this.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-29-2012, 02:43 AM
If your AtA is longer then Speedykills if right. You will need to twist up the string and cable(s) or replace them. Target shooters usually have to replace their string sets once a year. Strings last about 1year for target shooters and 2-4 for hunters.

Hutch:cool:

minnie
01-29-2012, 03:15 AM
thanks for the replies. you confirmed what i'd guessed, and i'll order new string/s and cables.
i've probably shot more arrows in the last year than i'd realised.

MLN1963
01-29-2012, 06:57 AM
Minnie

I would like to throw in a plug for Hutch~n~Son Archery, he builds strings and cables and helps out here on the forum. Another helpful friend from the forum is ArcherX7 (Jim), and he also builds strings. If you aren't obligated to getting a particular brand of strings I'm sure these guys would love a shot at your business.