PDA

View Full Version : Martin Online Ordering

droppixel
02-02-2012, 06:36 AM
Any idea if/when they might have this opened up? As many know I have been poking around for bows lately and have an Onza on the radar that has a rod and slide, but no STS. I'd be interested to know if their new carbon STS would fit and be available for sale soon. I'm sure I might be able to contact direct, but figured someone here might have the inside scoop.

Spiker
02-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Dont know about the online store but the carbon sts will work if the bow has a 3/8" rear hole machined in it.

droppixel
02-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Probably no way of knowing how much they are going to run is there? I'm debating picking up a new Onza from fleabay (risky I know) that doesn't have a STS, so I would look for an aftermarket one which would run around $40ish I'm guessing.

Spiker
02-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Part #8816. Someone here may have a price but - - - not me...:(

Ehunter
02-02-2012, 12:48 PM
Drop, I have seen the STS supressors run anywhere from $25-50. BowRattler makes one that looks pretty decent, but I have yet to see one in action. Martin's used to be around $25, but that was for the older styles aluminum rod. That would work fine if you can find one, just cut off any excess rod you don't need, then bevel the edges before you install the bumper, or put the cut end into the bow. I found an old Cobra guide rod at a local shop, and bought a bumper for the end. Cost was around $15 total. I just cut the rod to fit for length, and it works great.
The 2011 catalog shows the old style STS as $24.92, but not the new style with the thinned down end. Also shows a bent guide rod for $14.37 and a bumper end for $4.98. That would fit anything before 2011, and be cheaper. For a 2011 bow, you could always just have the end turned down at a local metal shop.

droppixel
02-02-2012, 03:13 PM
Yeah, I know there are options out there. Bowrattler - not sure if I would need the straight or offset to make sure I clear the cables. There is the Norway string tamer. I have the Simms front/rear universal on my Cheetah right now that I could rob, but figure I could leave it if I keep the bow complete or choose to sell it, would be a good thing to include with the bow. There is this one (http://www.ebay.com/itm/BTI-Bow-String-Stopper-Model-BT1-String-Silencer-String-Stop-BOWTECH-PSE-MATHEWS-/120843907348?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c22dbb114#ht_635wt_1346) from BTI on the bay that I was looking at too.

NuttyNative
02-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Dont know about the online store but the carbon sts will work if the bow has a 3/8" rear hole machined in it.

I have one on order for the Firecat, just waiting now.

droppixel
02-02-2012, 03:47 PM
What did they stick ya for?

NuttyNative
02-02-2012, 04:10 PM
What did they stick ya for?

Won't know till it gets here.

droppixel
02-02-2012, 04:42 PM
You got one on order, but don't know how much it is? I need your genie lamp!

NuttyNative
02-03-2012, 05:08 AM
You got one on order, but don't know how much it is? I need your genie lamp!

Called the local dealer & said I want one :cool:

droppixel
02-03-2012, 07:10 AM
Didn't make you pay up front, wonky! But cool either way, let us know once it comes in.

NuttyNative
02-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Didn't make you pay up front, wonky! But cool either way, let us know once it comes in.

$32+ $2 shipping, should be here next week. Had to go through Walla Walla to get it.

droppixel
02-03-2012, 07:19 PM
$34 that isn't anything bad at all I don't think. Don't have any dealers near me, so I wonder if I could order direct. Otherwise, I could hunt down the dealer that is about an hour away or so.

NuttyNative
02-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Any idea if/when they might have this opened up? As many know I have been poking around for bows lately and have an Onza on the radar that has a rod and slide, but no STS. I'd be interested to know if their new carbon STS would fit and be available for sale soon. I'm sure I might be able to contact direct, but figured someone here might have the inside scoop.

It should work. I got mine today and it's a nice piece that adds to the carbon look with the bow. It came with an adaptor for the quick release, has an off set hole so you can rotate the tube away from the string, and is fully adjustable on a short slide to accomadate different brace heights. It looks like it's against my strings in the photo but there's 1/4" clearance.
Now all I need is a stabilizer like Hutch :cool:

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh268/Nuttynative/STS001.jpg
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh268/Nuttynative/STS002.jpg
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh268/Nuttynative/STS003.jpg

The more I shoot the Firecat the more I like it, and the carbon look is starting to be less of a concern . The only issue I have now is it's a little louder than I'd like. My hope is the STS will help with that. Was getting 4-5" groups at 60 yards a few days ago, going to get it a little smaller tomorrow. Still haven't shot it through a chrono but that's not a major concern, it's plenty fast.

Thermodude
02-12-2012, 12:00 AM
Wow.........that looks awsome, really curious to hear what kind of difference it makes with the sound of the bow. After reading the review on the new Bengal and Pantera I bought a replacement string stopper from Limbsaver......soon as my bow arrives gonna swap it out.

droppixel
02-12-2012, 05:06 AM
Yeah that does look pretty slick! I'm pretty sure they said it will be compatible with almost any bow that has a rear mount STS. I pulled the trigger on that Alien and would love to throw one of these bad boys on there. Would look sharp I think!

NuttyNative
02-12-2012, 03:02 PM
Wow.........that looks awsome, really curious to hear what kind of difference it makes with the sound of the bow..

It took alot of noise off the shot and took what little hand shock there was away. My Bowtech is still lots quieter but I'm headed in the right direction with the Firecat. I put about 250 through it today and am extremely happy with it thus far.

MLN1963
02-12-2012, 06:48 PM
It took alot of noise off the shot and took what little hand shock there was away. My Bowtech is still lots quieter but I'm headed in the right direction with the Firecat. I put about 250 through it today and am extremely happy with it thus far.

What did that run? I may have to try one. Say what they will, Bear and Bowtech know how to make quiet bows. My FC 400 isn't even in the same league.

Money Man
02-12-2012, 06:51 PM
What did that run? I may have to try one. Say what they will, Bear and Bowtech know how to make quiet bows. My FC 400 isn't even in the same league.

Mark, post #13 he said $32 + $2 shipping.

MLN1963
02-12-2012, 06:55 PM
I missed that thanks!

MLN1963
02-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Nutty

Is there any reason why you think it quiets more than the original FC string stop?

NuttyNative
02-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Nutty

Is there any reason why you think it quiets more than the original FC string stop?

It didn't come with one, it already had the TRG replaced with a cable slide when it was made 6-22-2011.

Thermodude
02-13-2012, 01:09 AM
Sounds like it made a big difference thats good to know. In your opinion do you feel that the factory string stop should be of softer rubber? Im just going off a review I read, Ive purchased a limbsaver replacement for mine.

NuttyNative
02-13-2012, 06:39 AM
Sounds like it made a big difference thats good to know. In your opinion do you feel that the factory string stop should be of softer rubber? Im just going off a review I read, Ive purchased a limbsaver replacement for mine.

Good point, it could be softer but it is flexable. I'm not too crazy about the notches and holes in the rubber dampner and looking for a solid replacement. Will most likely go with a Limbsaver replacement bumper.