PDA

View Full Version : The long wait!

Thermodude
02-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Well I ordered my new Pantera last Wendsday, sold remainder of my brand X bows today, now Im bowless its 65 degrees outside and Im waiting! The dealer says it will be around 3 weeks but Im thinking longer.......hope not! Ive got all the goodies that will go on it laid out, replaced ah couple targets out back were I practice............just waiting! Maybe Ill take up golf for ah while I here thats fun..........................:(

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Well its worth the wait congrats!!

And when you get that bad boy we need pics pics pics.

Hutch:cool:

Double S
02-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Congrats on your new purchase. I'll be making a Bow order in about 2 weeks. :cool:

bfisher
02-02-2012, 02:38 PM
You might get lucky. I usually order my bows the first or second week in November and have to wait about 2 months. For 2011 I couldn't make up my mind and waited till February and was delighted to see the bow at my door (clear across the country) in 12 days. Hope this happens to you.

One thing I'd recommend is to go over it with a fine tooth comb before you bother setting it up and shooting it. I always tear mine down and throw the pieces on the floor, then rebuild it from scratch after checking everything out. I've found this to be the best way to learn how to work on bows.

Thermodude
02-02-2012, 03:32 PM
You might get lucky. I usually order my bows the first or second week in November and have to wait about 2 months. For 2011 I couldn't make up my mind and waited till February and was delighted to see the bow at my door (clear across the country) in 12 days. Hope this happens to you.

One thing I'd recommend is to go over it with a fine tooth comb before you bother setting it up and shooting it. I always tear mine down and throw the pieces on the floor, then rebuild it from scratch after checking everything out. I've found this to be the best way to learn how to work on bows.

I really hope thats how it is with mine.....I had no idea how much time I spent shooting or just messing with a bow until now that I dont have one! Thanks for the advice about checking everything out.......I plan to do this, Im sure Ive said this before in other posts but here it goes again......this is my first Martin and the main reason Ive chosen to go this way is because I got tired of all the hype that seemed to build year after year with other companies.........seems the bigger they get the worse thier customer service gets.........I researched Martin big time before my decision and I heard very good things.........so here I am, and believe me after it comes in and I get it set up..........there will be pictures!!!!!.......;)

droppixel
02-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Even though the weather is up and down in Chicago, I couldn't imagine what it would feel like not having a bow in my house! Excited to see what ya got when it comes in and you got it all set up!