PDA

View Full Version : Whisker Biscuit Question...

LondonDave
11-07-2007, 09:56 PM
New guy here with lots of questions.

I'm looking at getting a Whisker Biscuit rest to replace the NAP Quick Tune Pro that is on the bow that I just bought. Whisker Biscuit seems like the most straightforward easy to use rest that offers excellent containment for hunting.

My question is....Is the Deluxe or Drop Tine that much better than the Original? Just wondering which one I should get?

Thanks,

Dave

flytier17
11-08-2007, 04:48 AM
I don't know wich is better beyween the two. However, a better option to both would be the Catawba Still Shot rest. Read the article at:

http://www.huntersfriend.com/catawba-still-shot/catawba-still-shot-rest-review.htm

bfisher
11-08-2007, 06:20 AM
New guy here with lots of questions.

I'm looking at getting a Whisker Biscuit rest to replace the NAP Quick Tune Pro that is on the bow that I just bought. Whisker Biscuit seems like the most straightforward easy to use rest that offers excellent containment for hunting.

My question is....Is the Deluxe or Drop Tine that much better than the Original? Just wondering which one I should get?

Thanks,

Dave

It's kinda eenie-meanie-minie-mo. Think of it this way. Whether it's the drop tine or the original, once you have it set and tightened down the bow doesn't know the difference. The arrow still passes through the same bisquit.

dbd870
11-08-2007, 06:51 AM
I've been considering switching to the Kaz Away for next season. Guy shooting next to me had one, I liked what I saw. It is pricey though.

http://www.vitalgear.net/fallaway-arrow-rests.php

LondonDave
11-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Alec,

I've seen those rests. They do look interesting. Possibly something I'll consider.

Barry,

Good point. I guess I was thinking about things from a set up/adjustment point on view. I would likely buy it at my local shop and have them set it up anyway, so once it's set up, like you said, it's shooting through the same biscuit no matter what model it is.

dbd870,

My neighbour swears by is Trophy Ridge drop away rest. I just don't know if I'm ready for something that fancy just yet. I like the simplicity of the Whisker biscuit or the one that Alec pointed out.

Thanks for the info.

Dave