PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Bows

darkember
02-06-2012, 10:35 AM
Just out of curiosity does anybody on here own a carbon bow?? I was watching some reviews on the Hoyt carbon maxi & they are making claims that it can be run over by a truck, so what the riser might survive but the limbs sure as hell wont. Another thing is they say its one of the lightest bows on the market yet my Moab is 3 years older & still weighs 0.1 of a pound lighter & costs a 10th of the price:):)

Coyotehunter11
02-06-2012, 12:18 PM
I do not own one and i probably will never own one because i cant see paying 1200 for a bow. Anyways their claim about it surviving being run over by a truck is true. Heres the link to the video showing it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjCIopssjEg.

gravedigger
02-06-2012, 12:34 PM
i buy the riser being able to live through the run over after watching the vid,but the question is will the limbs hold up if the get ran over.it would be cool to see that truck run the bow(s) over from limb to limb,not just the riser.

bfisher
02-06-2012, 02:36 PM
I don't see me buying anything with a carbon riser any time soon. They cost $1200 to $1600. For that I could buy 3 shares of Apple and it'll be worth more down the road without having been run over buy a truck.

kylecurtis04
02-06-2012, 02:59 PM
I don't see me buying anything with a carbon riser any time soon. They cost $1200 to $1600. For that I could buy 3 shares of Apple and it'll be worth more down the road without having been run over buy a truck.

So funny but yet so true. Love it!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-06-2012, 03:35 PM
They say its real strong. But in fact eventually it will crack. I know a lot of guys with carbon fiber bikes and they told them they would never crack wrong!

Hutch:cool:

bowgramp59
02-06-2012, 04:31 PM
i don't plan on running over my bows with a truck anytime soon, i keep mine in the back of the truck or behind the seat not under the truck!

Money Man
02-06-2012, 05:42 PM
So is being able to run the bow over with a truck a good thing? I imagine the sight, rest and string would now be garbage, so even though you still have a "good" bow, you can't use it.