PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Fury Cam?

E-man
02-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Can you take the 2012 Fury XT single cam and put it on a 2011 Martin Exile?

bfisher
02-08-2012, 07:35 AM
I would say yes being as the 2011 and 2012 have the same ATA. It would be expensive to buy the cam and string set though. Might have to change the idler as well. You might be as well off to sell the 2011 and use the proceeds to buy a 2012 outright.

gravedigger
02-10-2012, 05:33 AM
Why would you want to? These new cams aren't any better than last years. They are extremely adjustable but the speed isn't nearly what they claim they are. Also, the Fury cam has a huge issue cutting into string servings. Martin over the last couple years have come out with junk.

WOW.you choose your first post to be this.if you dont like what martin is putting out then dont buy or come on here and complain.the good people on this forum like to help people and seeing as you have nothing to add besides a 1 way judgement...well im just going to leave it at that and see where you go from here.

SJunior
02-10-2012, 05:58 AM
It's not his first post, the others got deleted cause he ran his chops just like he is now.

E-man
02-10-2012, 06:05 AM
I dont know what to say to this..lol i just wanted to see if the switch could be made. cp8881, i don't know why you think martin is junk but maybe you should reconsider. (and try not to make your first comment on forums bashing what the forum is about) :)

elkslayer4x5
02-10-2012, 06:09 AM
Why would you want to? These new cams aren't any better than last years. They are extremely adjustable but the speed isn't nearly what they claim they are. Also, the Fury cam has a huge issue cutting into string servings. Martin over the last couple years have come out with junk.

The Fury cam modules HAD a machining issue that did damage strings, but that was solved mid year in 2011, and when properly set-up DO near advertized speeds. I have to agree with GD, thats quite a post. Sounds like an ArcheryTalk post. :(

gravedigger
02-10-2012, 06:14 AM
It's not his first post, the others got deleted cause he ran his chops just like he is now.

thanks SJ...i did not know that

elkslayer4x5
02-10-2012, 06:14 AM

If he continues posting in the same tone, he'll never get past junior member, cause his post count will never get over the hump. :)

joelc
02-10-2012, 07:33 AM

This coming from the guy that didn't have his bow set up correctly and now blames the manufacturer. Buh-Bye

joelc
02-10-2012, 07:40 AM

Actually it is his first post...with that profile. He was banned under the other profile for making untrue statements. He set up his bow incorrectly by adjusting his draw stop well outside the recommended area which allowed for over-rotation of the cam and slight string wear. Rather than addressing this with his dealer and having it fixed under warranty he preferred to go online bad mouthing Martin and the dealer.

droppixel
02-10-2012, 08:01 AM
This coming from the guy that didn't have his bow set up correctly and now blames the manufacturer. Buh-Bye

http://yougotowned.net/you_got_owned_yel.gif

madman350
02-10-2012, 08:14 AM

you can always hunt with your martin tiger bow one more year.

wscywabbit
02-10-2012, 08:19 AM
you can always hunt with your martin tiger bow one more year.

LOL sounds about right ;)

gravedigger
02-10-2012, 08:33 AM
Actually it is his first post...with that profile. He was banned under the other profile for making untrue statements. He set up his bow incorrectly by adjusting his draw stop well outside the recommended area which allowed for over-rotation of the cam and slight string wear. Rather than addressing this with his dealer and having it fixed under warranty he preferred to go online bad mouthing Martin and the dealer.

and that is truth telling at its finest.thanks for comeing on a bit more.

bfisher
02-10-2012, 08:58 AM
And for cp8881's comment he gets a dooie button, but no chest to pin it on. I appreciate Joel's explanation of what the problem was. I had a feeling it might be the cam over rotated, but without pics could not confirm it. It's tough to assess a problem just on a person's say-so. Even with many years of experience we never know everything. Guess that's why we like pictures on here.

Thermodude
02-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Wow.........that was intresting!

Skbengal
02-10-2012, 10:39 AM
Actually, I've been pretty impressed with Martins new line up. I'm thinking of getting a new Bengal later this year and have been searching for feedback. Even Uncle Ted wants a bow with the new fury xt cams. And so far all I've found are good reports on AT, and that's unusual! Guess someone should have come on hear to ask for some help, that's so freely given by many with experience, rather than go into a rant.