PDA

View Full Version : Question for everyone????????????????

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-08-2012, 02:29 PM
I need to know if you were to have a string made for you.

1. What color or colors would you make it?
2. What color servings would you chose?

Hutch:cool:

Thermodude
02-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Well..................for a bow that has lots of black in it or all black, Id go with flo green and black for sure. But black and red works also..........................if I had to pick, it would be black and flo green!!!

Ehunter
02-08-2012, 03:03 PM
All mine are hunting bows, so I'd go with more neutral, camo type colors. OD, Brown, Tan, Black, Dk. Green, Grey. Might throw a little color in it, but not much. Silver maybe.

Double S
02-08-2012, 04:01 PM
I try to match it to the bow. Maybe a Black and Silver to match the Carbon look on my Nemesis? :)
If it was a Target bow i would want the string color to be loud.

Skbengal
02-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Hutch, I use mine for hunting so I'd probably go green or tan and black.

bfisher
02-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Being as my next bow is probably going to be Crimson red with carbon limbs I'd have to with red and___________ I gotta look at the color charts.

NuttyNative
02-08-2012, 04:52 PM
I like em' bright & color coordinated or simple salt & pepper. One exterme to the other :cool:
Also gotta say, me & the Mrs really like that predator camo set you did.

bfisher
02-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Hey go for the gusto. Black Cherry and Gold. Clear halo end serving. 4" black halo center serving.

What are you up to Hutch?

Spiker
02-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Black Cherry and Silver/Black would make a cool set-o-strings.

Money Man
02-08-2012, 06:49 PM
I'm curious to see how the silver/black and flo purple/black would look with flo green serving

droppixel
02-08-2012, 07:47 PM
These are what I'm currently thinking about, possibly with different serving combos ...

1a: FloYellow/FloGrn - FloGrn or Green Serv
1b: Kiwi/Silver&Black - White Halo or Green
2a: FloGrn/OD Grn - FloGrn Serv or Green
2b: FloGrn/Silver - Green or White Halo
3a: FloGrn/Black - Green Serv
3b: FloGrn/Silver&Black - Green Serv

==

Right now with them all up there I'm leaning most towards the Kiwi/Silver&Black - just got to find paracord that will match it ;) Should I go a different direction I'll have to find paracord to match that ;)

Currently have Sunset Orange/Tan&Black White Halo on my Cheetah and have another set of Sunset Orange/FloOrg&Black Sunset serving ready to go when I want to swap them out.

gravedigger
02-08-2012, 07:50 PM
without a doubt in my mind i would want that preditor camo string you made up with black serving.it just looks sooooo nice.i like the darker colors.

bowgramp59
02-09-2012, 04:23 AM
for my camo bows i use flo. green & black speckel, for the black or carbon fiber bows i use red & black speckel

MLN1963
02-09-2012, 04:53 AM
Something with two colors so I don't have to count strands putting in a peep. :p

dmw
02-09-2012, 05:27 AM
Black 7 gold

elkslayer4x5
02-09-2012, 06:11 AM
Predator camo

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-09-2012, 03:13 PM
A lot of people like the predator camo. I had to match it from a picture. The guy who bought it liked it so much he call back and had me build another. A bit more labor in a four color string. But it looks good. When you are trying to match a camo. You need to pick out 3 to 4 colors in the camo. Two majors and two minors. Try to make them Contrast each other. This will make it blend in well.

NeilMac
02-09-2012, 10:17 PM
I prefer to match the string to the bow, but in most cases I go black & grey with grey centre serving and black end serving.

Rangerj
02-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Flo Green and Black for me.:cool:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-11-2012, 05:13 AM
Black Cherry and Silver/Black would make a cool set-o-strings.It does make a cool set-o-strings and Black Cherry is a great color. Silver/black is great for blending in.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-11-2012, 05:20 AM
Something with two colors so I don't have to count strands putting in a peep. :p
Yeah 2 colors just for you, these would be great!

These will match your feminine side!:p

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-11-2012, 05:35 AM
Hey go for the gusto. Black Cherry and Gold. Clear halo end serving. 4" black halo center serving.

What are you up to Hutch?Your one up on me Barry. I never thought of those two colors.

As to what I am up too?
I have done so many flo green and black strings. Hammerhead strings better do double time to catch up to how many I have done. So I was getting stale on helping guys pick different colors. So I want to see what my Martin buddies could come up with.

droppixel
02-11-2012, 05:53 AM
For S&G's could you throw up a picture of Kiwi & FloGr?

I hear what you are saying about FloGr/Black - it is a nice combo, but you see it a lot in my opinion. I'm definitely wanting something the green family.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-11-2012, 06:01 AM
I have to leave right now droppixel I will put up a pic when I get back in a few hours.

droppixel
02-11-2012, 06:30 AM
I have to leave right now droppixel I will put up a pic when I get back in a few hours.

Take ur time boss!

For anyone else out there wanting to help, looking for a green combo to go on a black riser/carbon limb AX

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-11-2012, 06:44 AM
Here ya go droppixel. They do accent each other.

What color serving?

Speedykills
02-11-2012, 07:17 AM
I think flo green and flo purple with flo green serving is a good combination,and im almost 99% sure as soon as my stock string ware out those will be the color's i go with.

TEN RING
02-11-2012, 07:26 AM
I think you should go with a flo green for the serving them strings would really glow some times I like the string to look all one color with out the break up with a differant color serving

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-11-2012, 09:40 AM
I think flo green and flo purple with flo green serving is a good combination,and im almost 99% sure as soon as my stock string ware out those will be the color's i go with.Speedy I bet that would be a great combo. I don't have flo purple so I can't put a pic up. I think that is the only flo color I don't have.

droppixel
02-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Here ya go droppixel. They do accent each other.

What color serving?

Looks pretty sharp I think. Would probably go White Halo or FloGr. Could see that looking nice with the FloSpec Green too. For the Alien, going to have to see how the serving lays with the strings and if they have them served for the ccs. Wouldn't want to cover up a better part of the strings with a solid if I didn't have to for that area, so that is why I would think the white halo.

I think flo green and flo purple with flo green serving is a good combination,and im almost 99% sure as soon as my stock string ware out those will be the color's i go with.

I think that could look pretty sweet on a black bow too - just not much of a purple guy :p

Simple Life
02-12-2012, 05:27 AM
Flo Orange and Black
Flo Orange and Silver
Red and Black all with clear Halo serving

Oh wait,you made me these colors already:p

Arrow Splitter
02-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Flo Orange and Black
Flo Orange and Silver
Red and Black all with clear Halo serving

Oh wait,you made me these colors already:pYeah, the memory fails with age.LOL:D

A.S

minnie
02-12-2012, 02:49 PM
i liked the red and grey cables x 4 and string with red end servings on my red (?crimson flame) mystic so much, that i've had all new ones replaced in the same colour.
didn't state a colour preference for the centre serving, which was previously black, just asked for the best serving for fingers release, so it ended up red also. a duller red than the previous bright red. looks better, shoots better.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Some time when you can minnie post a pic of that beauty.

HawgEnvy
02-14-2012, 06:42 AM
Well,Hutch. The flo green/black looked great on the Cheetah,and the brown and gold w brown serving looked great the brown HCA Iron Mace. For me,it has to compliment the bow. My next set will need to be blue/black for my G5.

kenz
02-16-2012, 02:40 PM
For what its worth, I tend to like the flo. orange and greens. As for custom strings, the only one I ever purchased was a Winner's Choice that is currently on my Scepter 3. She needs replacement probably after indoor season ends, and I'm thinking this time around a custom builder may be the way to go. Is it possible to do 3 colors? Do they make a serving that is transparent? I'm thinking red, white, and blue with a clear serving, as the bow has a patriotic theme going on already.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-16-2012, 03:53 PM
For what its worth, I tend to like the flo. orange and greens. As for custom strings, the only one I ever purchased was a Winner's Choice that is currently on my Scepter 3. She needs replacement probably after indoor season ends, and I'm thinking this time around a custom builder may be the way to go. Is it possible to do 3 colors? Do they make a serving that is transparent? I'm thinking red, white, and blue with a clear serving, as the bow has a patriotic theme going on already.I have done up to 4 color strings. Red, White and Blue with clear halo isn't a problem.

Oh Btw welcome to the forum!

minnie
03-02-2012, 04:36 PM
my old string and cables before long overdue replacement with the same color. new string has red centre serving.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Wow!! real nice minne. Love the colors in the string.

motohead1967
03-02-2012, 07:30 PM
like the camo/ and I like the flow green

Double S
03-02-2012, 08:40 PM
That's a purdy Mystic!