PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Bengal Limbs

marshman
02-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Hello all. I am new to this forum. I just bought a 2009 Bengal online and it came in today and I discovered a crack on the upper limb. Does anyone know what a replacement limb would cost? Also should I replace both limbs or just the cracked one....Thanks

Skbengal
02-08-2012, 05:22 PM
I would contact Martin customer service. They have a lifetime warranty and they may very well cover the limbs for you. Welcome to the forum.

marshman
02-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the welcome!:) I am calling them tomorrow, just was wondering about it tonight...if there is a lifetime warranty on the limbs, do you think it would still be in effect since i am not the original owner?

gravedigger
02-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the welcome!:) I am calling them tomorrow, just was wondering about it tonight...if there is a lifetime warranty on the limbs, do you think it would still be in effect since i am not the original owner?

welcome to the forum
well they are not suposed to but sometimes a guy gets luckey when he calls.

madman350
02-09-2012, 04:28 AM
Hello all. I am new to this forum. I just bought a 2009 Bengal online and it came in today and I discovered a crack on the upper limb. Does anyone know what a replacement limb would cost? Also should I replace both limbs or just the cracked one....Thanks
limbs are often 100-150$ . i hope that the item was described as having a crack/damage on the limb. did you get the bow really cheap? this illustrates the risk of purchasing a used bow online from someone unknown that may or may not take a return of the item, etc. for instance, the seller could claim it was in good used condition , then someone possibly dryfire/damage it and expects a refund, so it becomes a his word vs their word thing.
Best option is contact and return it to seller if thats possible.
its alot easier to call martin for a quote on the limbs than post and have to listen to us naysayers tell you you should have just purchased brand new one on line for 200-400 $, complete with warranty. It is possible to purchase a good used bow from a honest seller online, people do quite frequently , but not everyone has success doing it.

madman350
02-09-2012, 05:01 AM
welcome to the forum
well they are not suposed to but sometimes a guy gets luckey when he calls.

If i was customer service , no offense, he wouldnt get lucky. i dont know much about old bengals but a 2nd(3rd?) hand (50$?100$?) bow online? if the orginal purchaser was marshmans seller they should had them repaired before selling , if they were damaged prior to sale.
Personally I prefer to have corporate profits used to help improve R&D, and to help hold down price of new bows.
At least the OP isnt insinuating that martin should eat them or seem to object paying for the limb repair. I wish he can get his money back and purchase a new martin instead. Many great deals to be had now.