PDA

View Full Version : I'm on the Weight Loss train!. Woot Woot!.

Double S
02-09-2012, 12:19 PM
I've been one of the those roller coaster weight losers. I'll be down a few pounds one week just to gain it back two fold two weeks later. I gained most of my weight after I was injured, and going through three surgeries and was at home and couldn't exercise. Due to my injuries exercising was the last thing on my mind. I puffed up big time which doesn't do anything positive for my back and right knee. ( injuries). I heard good thing about a certain liquid drop which added with a very low calorie intake can lead to rapid weight loss. It's mainly for obese folks like me. I needed to jump start my metabolism and restart the way I thought of food mentally. I did choose the Diet liquids from GNC that are safer and don't involve those unsafe hormone injections. I spoke to the owner of the store and he stated that the liquid has had better results than the pills. It is absorbed quicker. I know Being heavily overweight hurts my back and knee's more plus i want to make I don't turn diabetic. I want to be around when my son gets older. Plus I want to be able to hunt longer without having to stop every 200 yards....Plus the Smaller sized hunting clothes cost less to buy. lol.

Anyways, I'm on my 5th day of this very low calorie diet. I was worried at first but it isn't has bad as it sounded. The hardest part is that I can't drink any cola not even Coke Zero. That was my legal food drug of choice. I never counted Calories before and I used to make fun of those people...Now I'm one of them. :( but now i understand why they do it. :) basically I can't eat nothing for breakfast but coffee, tea or water. I can have as much of that as I want. 250 calories for lunch and 350 calories for Dinner. 4 Ounces of lean protein for lunch and another 4 ounces for dinner. But for Dinner I can have one Melba toast or grassini. I never knew what a Melba toast was or a Grassini until I started this Diet. Grassini is a little skinny Italian bread stick. After each meal I have to write down the calories for each item I consume and keep a tally of all of it in my little "Diet Minder" Journal. I'm not supposed to go over 500 but I'm averaging 570 calories a day. It sounds difficult and time consuming but it gets much better as the days pass by. The diets cycle is forty days and I believe i will make it. :D
I was 286 pounds when I started and after the 5th day I am now 271 pounds. I'm trying to loss 50 pounds on the first cycle then I have to stop the diet for a couple weeks before I start another cycle. My wight loss goal is 210. That's the Weight I was at when I was a C/O prior to getting injured on the job. I took pics for my "before" for the Diet journal. Maybe one day when i get brave enough...I might post it up here for all to see the difference. One of the hard parts is when i have to go into a restaurant or a fast food joint. The menu choice gets small. When went into a Carl's Jr and I looked for the Nutritional Chart. i think the average calorie of one of their burgers was about 800-900 Calories. Heck!. That's about 2 days worth of calories for me. that's not even counting the Fries and soda pop. I ended up with a salad with chicken with no dressing, a medium sized fresh brewed tea with no sugar. I think i need to recalibrate my mind more than my mouth. Buying a 8 ounce drink instead of 40 ouncer, etc. I did buy some GNC Vitamins to supplement my diet. I'm already feeling much better, sleeping better. I'm hoping to add on to this thread with more positive news 30 days from now. The guys on AT recommended that I buy those Vibram five finger shoes ( Minimalist) for walking. I can't jog due to my injuries So I will be adding some fast walking in the next week or so.

Skbengal
02-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Hey Buddy we're rooting for you. Sounds like you're going be in for some trying times. Remember if you're starting to get discouraged just jump online and we see if we can give you some encouragement. I'm trying to lose some weight as well,so I know what you're going through. Don't even think I could climb into my treestand anymore. Good luck Simon!

Double S
02-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Hey Buddy we're rooting for you. Sounds like you're going be in for some trying times. Remember if you're starting to get discouraged just jump online and we see if we can give you some encouragement. I'm trying to lose some weight as well,so I know what you're going through. Don't even think I could climb into my treestand anymore. Good luck Simon!

Thanks you Sk!. I'm sticking to this one. I'm looking forward to buying some new SMALLER clothing. :cool:

MLN1963
02-09-2012, 01:50 PM
I hope it all works out for you. I've never found starvation diets to work and at that low of a caloric intake it qualifies. You will lose weight, you have to on 500 calories a day. The body is very good at adapting and knows it isn't going to get much fuel so it stores what it can for the long haul. Then when the haul is over it is still in store mode and whamo, the rebound you mentioned. If you have found the magic bullet to stop that rebound with your drops that would be awesome. Are they a homeopathic or what? What are the called?

I too have put on the tonnage since I retired and need to get back to fighting weight. I am going to get another job so I won't be sitting around so much. I've been slowly easing back into cardio and will add weights to it. Hopefully, that will get my metabolism jump started again. Of course I'll have to cut back on the food to but I'm going to do it slowly and try trick my body. LOL Of course 10 years ago I could eat all I wanted but I was going to the gym twice a day, cardio before work and weights after work. Get married changed all that. I didn't eat all these damn complex carbohydrates back then either! That said I have to eat and go to the gym.

Keep at it and with any luck you will get to your goal and stay there. I wish you the best and I'm pulling for you. Oh, you are a brave man posting pictures!

Double S
02-09-2012, 02:13 PM
Thank you MLN. I did a lot of studying before I went on this specific diet. I was warned by people about the 'Starvation" diets with HCG. When they first came out people were having medical issues with them. A lot of those you had to go through a doctor so that they can tell you how much your supposed to take. Some people were not going through doctors and having bad side effects. these were inject-able hormones. The one I'm taking is the safe stuff sold through GNC called HCG Platinum X-30. It's a liquid drop you place under the tongue. My problem with food is when I got hunger pains...I was off eating...then I didn't know when to stop. I needed something to suppress the urge to eat. I am fat so I'm not starving , that's for sure. During the 500 calorie diet they want you to eat zero fat foods. The fat comes from the body stored. that's where the fat is lost. They don't want you to introduce more fat then the diet wont work. if you eat fat during the diet, that's when the body goes into starvation mode and ends up collecting fat instead of burning it. The drops fake out the system. I only do the diet for 40 days. less if i loss the weight i want before that. Then you step up to a maintenance diet which is around 1500 calories. This is when you can reintroduce some fatty foods. But by this time you have reprogrammed your metabolism. After 40 days you have to stop for a few weeks before restarting all depending on the weight goal.

The diet I'm using has no hormones and are a blend of leaves and roots. My hunger pains have dropped about 80-90 percent. I just have to make sure I eat the right amount at the right time. Really small meals at different intervals and making sure I snack. Snack consists of a apple. ;)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-09-2012, 03:05 PM
We are rooting for you Double S!! Go for it!!!!!!

Hutch:cool:

bfisher
02-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Wish you luck Simon. I'm a bit heavier than normal right now. It happens every winter that I put on 10#. Then spring and summer come and I lose it. That's just because I get off my duff. This puter work doesn't help matters much either. However, although I do have some muscle loss with age I'm only about 5# over my high school weight. You'd probably cringe if you saw some of the garbage I can get away with eating. Might even make you throw up.

Just make sure you don't deprive yourself of needed nutrients to keep your internal organs working. Sugar, stay away from sugar and all those artificial sweeteners. All this low fat and no fat garbage is packed full of sugar. Fat doesn't make us fat. Sugar makes us fat. It's very simple when you think about it. Calories in/calories out.

Coffee and tea? They have caffeine and caffeine is a stimulant. It does help boost our metabolism while filling the stomach, and with no calories.

gravedigger
02-09-2012, 03:41 PM
good luck to you.
i lost 35 lbs in 1 month when i got my jaw broke.i was wired shut so luquids is what i had.i was drinking 3 can of slim fast a day,puting 3 or 4 potatos in the blender with some gravy and drinking that for dinner.worked great.

Double S
02-09-2012, 06:07 PM
We are rooting for you Double S!! Go for it!!!!!!

Thank you Bill!. I feel good with this I think it's a mental thing. I'm on a mission.

Wish you luck Simon. I'm a bit heavier than normal right now. It happens every winter that I put on 10#. Then spring and summer come and I lose it. That's just because I get off my duff. This puter work doesn't help matters much either. However, although I do have some muscle loss with age I'm only about 5# over my high school weight. You'd probably cringe if you saw some of the garbage I can get away with eating. Might even make you throw up.

Just make sure you don't deprive yourself of needed nutrients to keep your internal organs working. Sugar, stay away from sugar and all those artificial sweeteners. All this low fat and no fat garbage is packed full of sugar. Fat doesn't make us fat. Sugar makes us fat. It's very simple when you think about it. Calories in/calories out.

Coffee and tea? They have caffeine and caffeine is a stimulant. It does help boost our metabolism while filling the stomach, and with no calories.

Thank you Barry!. That's what started my weight gain. Sitting at home during the rehab. Every time I got up it hurt. After that it turned into straight laziness. I was taking in more calories than what I was burning. The pounds built up. After they retired me early from my work that I loved...I got kinda depressed. Now I need to turn it around. Your correct on the coffee and Tea with the caffeine. I'm not a big Coffee drink. Maybe two cups a week. I do drink green tea a lot though. They do allow Stevia for some reason. I believe it's a natural sweeter from a plant. I try and drink the coffee black and the tea with Stevia.

good luck to you.
i lost 35 lbs in 1 month when i got my jaw broke.i was wired shut so luquids is what i had.i was drinking 3 can of slim fast a day,puting 3 or 4 potatos in the blender with some gravy and drinking that for dinner.worked great.

Thank you GD!. I lost some weight too when they took my Tonsil and Uvula out. I had it done two days before a big family reunion. it wasn't a smart move. All this great food and I could talk or hardly swallow. I was on a Popsicle and ice cream diet.

elkslayer4x5
02-10-2012, 06:42 AM
Know how it is, I got up to 305 lbs after I retired, then finally got my right rotator cuff repaired and a bone spur removed so I could shoot again, and then got one of these for some much needed exercise. Thats me in front at 240lbs now. Grandson behind me is 13 1/2 at the time, today he's 14, 5'11 and 180 lbs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/deast-lr/appletreetrip2.jpg

Double S
02-10-2012, 07:11 AM
Know how it is, I got up to 305 lbs after I retired, then finally got my right rotator cuff repaired and a bone spur removed so I could shoot again, and then got one of these for some much needed exercise. Thats me in front at 240lbs now. Grandson behind me is 13 1/2 at the time, today he's 14, 5'11 and 180 lbs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/deast-lr/appletreetrip2.jpg

Thank you elkslayer4x5 for sharing. We do have mountain bikes But after 15 minutes my back's killing me. I'm gonna start off with Walking first then evaluate myself from there. I'm now 267 pounds. :cool:

bfisher
02-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Man, that's almost 20# in what, 8 days. We ought to petition somebody to get you on the "Biggest Loser". You certainly are on a mission. Keep us updated. This is interesting.

Double S
02-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Man, that's almost 20# in what, 8 days. We ought to petition somebody to get you on the "Biggest Loser". You certainly are on a mission. Keep us updated. This is interesting.

Today is my 7th day on this diet. I'm doing much better mentally. I'm not thinking about food like I normally do. I woke up this morning and weighed myself as I'm supposed to do and write it down. I had two cups of coffee for breakfast and didn't have any hunger pains. That was around 6:30 in the morning. I had to hit the road. I didn't take my first drops until i got home around 8:30 a.m. I did call the company the other day and asked if there were any drinks besides Coffee, tea or water i could drink. They told me it was alright to drink Vitamin Water ZERO. That sure helped a lot.

I posted on Facebook that I was on this specific diet and my sister who is in the medical field freaked out when I said HCG. I told here I wasn't taking the unsafe Hormonal injections that were causing all those issue. I told here what the Ingredients were and she felt much better. They call it HCG I think for Advertising but there's no Hormones in it.

Here's a rundown on what's in the liquid drops. Some info off the web.

L-Arginine- L-arginine is an amino acid commonly sold in supplement form and obtained naturally in the diet. L-arginine-rich foods include plant and animal proteins, such as dairy products, meat, poultry, fish, and nuts.

L-Carnitine- L-Carnitine is a naturally occurring amino acid which plays a vital role in the metabolism of fat. It functions as a transporter of fatty acids into the mitochondria, the metabolic furnace of the cell.

L-Ornithine- Most often, people take L-ornithine as a nutritional supplement. L-ornithine is most often used alongside Arginine to boost the levels of human growth hormone. This helps the body produce more muscle and may also increase the level of insulin the body creates. The compound helps generate more
L-arginine, which in turn helps their muscles recover faster after a workout. It can also help with weight loss, another reason many athletes take this supplement.

IRVINGIA GABONENSIS- Irvingia gabonensis is a tree, native to West Africa. The fruit is similar to a mango and is used for food. The seeds are used to make medicine.

There is interest in using supplements containing Irvingia gabonensis for weight loss, lowering cholesterol levels, and improving control of diabetes.

How does it work?

Irvingia gabonensis seeds might lower cholesterol because of their high fiber content. The fiber increases removal of cholesterol from the body.

Some research suggests that Irvingia gabonensis seeds might also affect fat cells, which might reduce fat cell growth and increase the breakdown of fats.

Propriety Blend of
Wild Yam Root, Chaste tree berry, Black Cohosh Root, Dong quai Root, and Stevia leaf Extranct.

I am also taking some GNC mega men Sport Vitamins to back up the loss of Vitamins and minerals I am losing from eating a low calorie diet. I don't recommend this diet for folks that need to loss 5-10 pounds for sure. This is for Obese folks like me. I have also spoken to my doctor. Consult your doctor before going on any diet.

MLN1963
02-10-2012, 11:18 AM
At 5 days you went down 15 pounds and at 6 days down 19 pounds. By supper time you will be down over 20 pounds. That is extremely fast and I can't even comprehend it. I am impressed and wonder how long this can go on? If my wife sees this thread I know she will be going to GNC in a heartbeat.

bfisher
02-10-2012, 11:20 AM
I keep reading your posts and really have to praise you. You have the mental part right. One of the first things you had to do was admit to yourself that you were obese. So many people are in denial and hate to even hear that word let alone say it to themselves in the mirror. At least you have that part out of the way.

I hate to be picky, but that is the problem with a lot of women. They spend so much time in front of a mirror putting on make up. Spend upwards of $75 to have their hair done. $35 to $50 to have their nails done. And for what? To look good? Then they go and buy some size 20 dress and their obese friends tell them how good they look. They look in the mirror and lie to themselves and their friends lie to them. Denial.

What they should do is get together as a group and spend all that money in the gym. Then they'd truely look better no matter what they are wearing. More importantly they would be in better health and truely feel better about themselves. They just need to take that first step, as you did, and admit that they are over weight.

For so many, if they'd drop 30 to 50# their health would improve so much. Many would be able to get off their insulin (diabetes) or high blood pressure medicine, and other such medications.

Double S
02-10-2012, 11:36 AM
At 5 days you went down 15 pounds and at 6 days down 19 pounds. By supper time you will be down over 20 pounds. That is extremely fast and I can't even comprehend it. I am impressed and wonder how long this can go on? If my wife sees this thread I know she will be going to GNC in a heartbeat.

That's what my sister was worried about. She thought I was taking the hormone shots and that I'm on a crash Diet which usually ends up with the weight returning once I'm off the diet. There's no Hormones in this diet. I will post some pics after the 40 days are over. That should give me incentive to keep this up. 40 days is nothing compared to years of obesity.

I keep reading your posts and really have to praise you. You have the mental part right. One of the first things you had to do was admit to yourself that you were obese. So many people are in denial and hate to even hear that word let alone say it to themselves in the mirror. At least you have that part out of the way.

I hate to be picky, but that is the problem with a lot of women. They spend so much time in front of a mirror putting on make up. Spend upwards of $75 to have their hair done. $35 to $50 to have their nails done. And for what? To look good? Then they go and buy some size 20 dress and their obese friends tell them how good they look. They look in the mirror and lie to themselves and their friends lie to them. Denial.

What they should do is get together as a group and spend all that money in the gym. Then they'd truely look better no matter what they are wearing. More importantly they would be in better health and truely feel better about themselves. They just need to take that first step, as you did, and admit that they are over weight.

For so many, if they'd drop 30 to 50# their health would improve so much. Many would be able to get off their insulin (diabetes) or high blood pressure medicine, and other such medications.

When I started this diet I was 286 pounds. I am only 5' 10". When I tell people I'm 286 pounds they just don't believe me. then I show them the stretch marks to prove it. I was going through my family albums and out of the hundreds of pictures, there were only an handful of me in them. I knew i was shy being in front of the camera. Even in the Rytera nemesis Video I made, I made sure not to get my face or body in the video. The only close up pics i had of me were when I was in full camo ( Easier to hide my weight). I was the one always taking the pictures.

NeilMac
02-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Wow! I'm impressed at you attitude, keep it up.

I'm lucky, as I'm tall (just over 6'1") and have always been 1) skinny and 2) very active... Martial Arts, mountain biking, hiking, fly fishing and now horse riding, all in addition to archery.

I see so many young people over here, mostly girls, just getting bigger and bigger and I worry about their future. Our Govt. is telling us that obesity is now at epidemic levels, due to eating, drinking (binge drinking on very cheap alcohol is big over here) and total lack of exercise, and I wonder where it will all end up. Premature disease and death I guess, what a sad prospect.

Keep us posted.

gravedigger
02-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Wow! I'm impressed at you attitude, keep it up.

I'm lucky, as I'm tall (just over 6'1") and have always been 1) skinny and 2) very active... Martial Arts, mountain biking, hiking, fly fishing and now horse riding, all in addition to archery.

I see so many young people over here, mostly girls, just getting bigger and bigger and I worry about their future. Our Govt. is telling us that obesity is now at epidemic levels, due to eating, drinking (binge drinking on very cheap alcohol is big over here) and total lack of exercise, and I wonder where it will all end up. Premature disease and death I guess, what a sad prospect.

Keep us posted.

im sure it cant be as bad as america where fat is the new skinny and obesity is the new husky.:eek:

NeilMac
02-11-2012, 08:29 AM
im sure it cant be as bad as america where fat is the new skinny and obesity is the new husky.:eek:

I'm sure you're right, but it just seems to have happened very fast over here.

Sharxfan
02-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Congrats on the weight loss Double S. Keep up the good work. I finally commited to losing weight as well so I know what you are going through. I am going a different route but as long as we reach our goals that is what matters. It's great to see that you have lost that much weight and your posts sound upbeat so I am sure you will stay on track.

Double S
02-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Thank you all for the positive boost. Right now I'm sitting here having 2 cups of salad, no sauce with Deer venison. I was checking my nutritional logs comparing Lean pork, lean chicken and venison. At 4 oz's each Pork 163 calories, Chicken was 187 and venison was 120 calories with less fat compared to the other two. I can bet you those diet folks didn't factor in some good ole Wild venison!. :cool: I'm glad i didn't eat it all. :rolleyes: My lunch is 128 calories...way under my 250 calories max and I'm almost full. It's mentally getting easier. A woman did catch me staring at her last night at the mall. She probably thought I was interested in her.....But I was looking at the soda pop in here hand!. LMAO!. :p

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-11-2012, 11:18 AM
DINNERS READY!!!!!!!!!!!!
COME AND GET IT!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I couldn't resist the thought of you chewing on your computer screen!:p

Its all over now

Soon you will look like this!

Double S
02-11-2012, 11:27 AM
That's just cruel and unusual punishment Bill!.

MLN1963
02-11-2012, 01:52 PM
You started at 287 and are now? My guess 263?

Double S
02-11-2012, 02:18 PM
You started at 287 and are now? My guess 263?

I'm still at 267. We went to the big city last night and I ordered some of the already cooked chicken over at the deli. I picked roasted took the skin off. It was good stuff but I knew it wasn't as lean as the chicken I make at home. So my weight didn't change for today. I expect that it will tomorrow morning. After forty days I have to go off the diet per the instructions for two weeks before restarting if I wanted. During that two week time I can go up to 1500-2000 calories. I still need to count the calories.

Double S
02-14-2012, 04:16 PM
We went to town and I bought some new kicks for some exercising. I've never owned new balance shoes. I was interest in the Vibram 5 fingers but the store didn't sell them. This is a Minimalist shoe. I tried a few different models of new balances. Some felt like pieces of hard plastic beneath my feet. I placed these 730's on and they fit perfect. They are really comfortable and soooooooo lightweight. It feels like having heavy socks on. I've never owned shoe's this light. I'm gonna buy the five fingers for the summer. I'm at 261 now by the way. I'm getting ready to plateau so I'm gonna have to change the meal by eating fruit only for one day. I was warned in advance and not to get discouraged.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/NB730OrangeShoes1.jpg

Skbengal
02-14-2012, 06:10 PM
WOW! Well keep at it! I see I've got to start trying harder! Glad to see your still in good spirits. Take care.

bfisher
02-15-2012, 06:45 AM
DINNERS READY!!!!!!!!!!!!
COME AND GET IT!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I couldn't resist the thought of you chewing on your computer screen!:p

Its all over now

Soon you will look like this!

The looks of that burger is making me sick. And I like burgers.

bowgramp59
02-16-2012, 11:54 AM
went to the doctor the other day , he said i needed to loose 130 lbs , so i went home and got a devorce !

Double S
02-16-2012, 12:51 PM
went to the doctor the other day , he said i needed to loose 130 lbs , so i went home and got a devorce !

Nice!. Thumbs up.

bfisher
02-16-2012, 02:42 PM

YO Curtis, that's a good one guy. LMAO!!!!!!!! I just told my wife. She doesn't see the humor in it. OH well, good thing I don't compare. If I got a ddivorce I'd be dumping about 210 lbs and my doctor knows I only weight 164# I better post this before the wife checks to see what I'm typing.

bowgramp59
02-17-2012, 10:55 AM
all jokes aside i could stsnd to loose 50#s i'm diabetic & take one med. the side affect is wt. gain , hard to loose the wt. i will really work on it for a while and drop 8-10 lbs first thing you know i start gaining it back. i like to eat . i have figured it out if it taste good don't eat it, everthing that taste good is bad for you. i really need to try , went back to that same doctor the other day , he gave me 6 months to live, he found out that i didn't have the money to pay him so he gave me another 6 months ! lol:):):)

Skbengal
02-21-2012, 11:12 AM
How's it going on the weight loss express? Hope you're still hanging in there. Myself, I'm not doing that great. Only down 8 lbs. But every lb counts right. Have you put your new kicks to good use yet? Keep up the fight Simon.

Double S
02-21-2012, 11:38 AM
How's it going on the weight loss express? Hope you're still hanging in there. Myself, I'm not doing that great. Only down 8 lbs. But every lb counts right. Have you put your new kicks to good use yet? Keep up the fight Simon.
I'm doing well. The diet loss has slowed down but I should be eating 500 calories. I've been averaging around 570 calories. I've used the shoes once. I've been using my regular kicks. It's too cold to use the minimalist shoes right now. My toes start freezing. I was 286, I'm now 259. At least the weight is not coming back up. I have to make sure I eat ZERO fat. So far I've lost inches from the sides of my chest, Thighs and rear end. :D. I'm really glad :cool:

I did some research on Soda...My main addiction. I found out about this Soda called Zevia. it's made using Stevia. It's supposed to be Gluten free and alright for people that are Diabetic. I'm preparing so when I go off my 40 day Diet, I don't relapse and go back to drinking regular cola. I hope the stuff tastes great. They didn't sell it near my area so I ordered an Rainbow pack ( Different flavors ) off of Amazon. I have to stay away from the three S's, Sugar, Sodium and starches. Stevia is the only allowed natural sugar i can use. I'm actually liking the stuff now.

gravedigger
02-21-2012, 11:54 AM
I'm doing well. The diet loss has slowed down but I should be eating 500 calories. I've been averaging around 570 calories. I've used the shoes once. I've been using my regular kicks. It's too cold to use the minimalist shoes right now. My toes start freezing. I was 286, I'm now 259. At least the weight is not coming back up. I have to make sure I eat ZERO fat. So far I've lost inches from the sides of my chest, Thighs and rear end. :D. I'm really glad :cool:

I did some research on Soda...My main addiction. I found out about this Soda called Zevia. it's made using Stevia. It's supposed to be Gluten free and alright for people that are Diabetic. I'm preparing so when I go off my 40 day Diet, I don't relapse and go back to drinking regular cola. I hope the stuff tastes great. They didn't sell it near my area so I ordered an Rainbow pack ( Different flavors ) off of Amazon. I have to stay away from the three S's, Sugar, Sodium and starches. Stevia is the only allowed natural sugar i can use. I'm actually liking the stuff now.

thats good to hear.keep at it.in time you will be a lean mean healthy machine.

my wife just droped a bomb on my wile i was on lunch,she says she is going to do the hood to coast this year.in no way is she in any condition to run that.i told her she had better start training 2 years ago.i almost got a fat lip for that one.lol

Speedykills
02-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Looks like we both have the same goal to achive,i dont have to loose as much weight but my bad cholesteral is to high so ive got to drop a few and excersize.
have to stay away from them greasy foods and watch the pop.....well im sure you know all about it.....Anyway looks like your on to a healthy path,just dont steer off track to much.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-21-2012, 01:00 PM
As speedykills said greasy foods and soda 2 things to limit yourself on. It helps bring down the cholesterol. Another thing that helps lower cholesterol is probiotic's, it is in yogurt and many other things. It also helps digestion and many other things.

Don B
02-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Way to go Simon.
I went on the same diet last year and lost 30 pounds in a month.
I never did the maintance part of it and I have put most of it back on. I just ordered a new bottle of drops and am going back on them when they get here. This time I am going to do the whole thing like I am suppose to...LOL
There are 2 guys at work that did the HCG drops 2 years ago, one guy lost 200 pounds and the other lost just under 100 pounds. They have not put any of the weight back on as of yet.
Beside new clothes, one guy got a new wife too.
Most ppl think you are starving yourself but if you read the book and see how the drops work, your body is burning up to 4500 calories a day.
Good luck buddy and stick with it.
Don.

Double S
02-21-2012, 07:24 PM
Thank guys!. I've been feeling great. I've also been using the Teeter's machine for about 6 months now for my bad back. I wish I bought this machine years ago. I probably would have less back pain. The weight loss has been helping with the back issues. Since being on this Diet, I have had less IBS problems. I cut down on the sodium and a lot of the spices that I usually like. I like to use crushed red peppers.

Arrow Splitter
02-22-2012, 02:26 PM
Congrats Double S! Don't worry, I'm not going to post a picture of a nice 1/2" thick steak.LOL;)

Skbengal
03-02-2012, 01:15 PM
DoubleS how's it going? You keeping up the fight? Your timing was about right, both you and the website are getting a makeover. Hope you're hanging in there!

Double S
03-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Thanks for asking Skbengal. I've been steady at 256 right now. I'm just glad that it's not rising. I have 12 days left on my diet. Then I go up to 1500-2000 calories for a month before I start another cycle. I'm doing fantastic medically. I was hypoglycemic, I would get night sweats. I would get hot very easily when my sugar dropped. NO more Hypoglycemia. :cool: My back is feeling much better.

DoubleS how's it going? You keeping up the fight? Your timing was about right, both you and the website are getting a makeover. Hope you're hanging in there!

Double S
03-17-2012, 02:38 PM
My 40 day diet is up. I was 286 pounds. I'm now 251 pounds. I mainly lost the weight around my thighs, rear and the sides of my chest. I was wearing a 3XL Pants and 3-4 XL shirt. I now can wear a 2-3XL shirt and I just bought some 2XL workout pants. It feels great. I will now go up to 1500-2000 calories a day. I can reintroduce some milk, cheeses and more carbs if i want. I'm staying away from cola for good though. Even though i was drinking Coke zero, I was drinking about a 6 pack a day. I mainly drink Ice tea with Stevia natural sugar, Water, Coffee. I've been staying away from grabbing snack stuff near the checkout line. I have to take a month long break and watch my weight before I will do another cycle. My goal is 220-230 pounds. I've been having less back pain.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Congrats!!!!!!
Congrats!!!!!!
Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Some thing to be proud of!!!
Look out 220 here comes Double S .

Arrow Splitter
03-17-2012, 04:08 PM
Congratulations Double S! Keep up the good work.:cool:

A.S

Speedykills
03-17-2012, 04:14 PM
Good to hear keep at it.

Rangerj
03-17-2012, 05:41 PM
Good job,stay with it.

Double S
03-18-2012, 06:37 AM
Thank you all for the positive reinforcement!. I will get to my goal for sure. I will have to buy some hunting clothing for Turkey season. I totally forgot about it. I'm gonna look around for some cheap clothing to get me by.

Double S
03-21-2012, 01:36 PM
My wife reminded me to check the fit of my hunting clothes. The clothes are loose. I want to loose more weight so I'm just gonna have the clothes taken in by the tailor before I buy new hunting clothing. I want to do another cycle before I break down and buy all new hunting clothing. I thought it would be easy to show BEFORE and AFTER pics but I was surprised by how many pictures I was NOT in. I always took the pics because I was worried about my weight. It took me some time but I found a BEFORE pic to compare. i started at 286, Now I'm 251....A 35 pound weight loss. My goal is 220-230 pounds. I feel great, Sleep great with no more night sweats from hypoglycemia. If I can do it so can you!. Happy Hunting!.

BEFORE

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/Family%20pics/Firedturkey20111.jpg

PRESENTLY

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/Hunt%20pics/3-21-12huntingclothslossweight.jpg

elkslayer4x5
03-22-2012, 05:30 AM
Looks good not on you Simon! :D

droppixel
03-22-2012, 05:42 AM
Good for you man! I did a little weight loss myself over the past year/half. Made a big difference for my back, I got degenerative disc in my lower. Saw a few pictures from a year early and freaked out, didn't realize how much weight I had put on since getting out of high school/college. Back down to a comfortable weight, but wouldn't mind trimming a little more off. Would help if I exercised regularly and tone things up, I would be more happy with that. Motivation is my biggest problem, keep it up dude!

Double S
03-22-2012, 06:04 AM
Thanks guys!. This thread helps with my self motivation. Staying positives helps with loosing the weight. Posting the pics keeps me true.

The wife noticed the benefits of my weight loss. :o:D Too much info. lol

Double S
08-14-2012, 12:24 AM
I'm down to 245. I was gonna buy some new ASAT camo to match the bow but I'm still loosing weight. So I'm gonna keep using the Mossy oak brush. When i get to the weight I want to be at...I'm gonna buy some new ASAT Camo.

My goal is 225-230 pounds.

typically8
08-14-2012, 01:14 AM
Getting in shape feels good. I stared going to a gym after I realized that I was a double cheese burger away from a heart attack; my dad has had 4. Eating healthy is a pain and expensive too. Take a look at a book called eat this, not that. It will open your eyes to eating somewhat healthier. Good luck!!

bricka
08-14-2012, 08:17 AM
Double S, another thing that you could try if your not already is limiting your carb intake, look out for breads, pasta, and potatoes. Carbs convert into sugars if you do not burn them off. Also lower carbs will keep you from feeling bloated. Try to consume your carb intake from veggies. A trick i do when I eat fiberous foods is to drink two tall glasses of water before eating, this will make you feel full before over stuffing and kicking yourself in the butt for eating that last bit. GOOD LUCK and KEEP FIGHTING!!!

bfisher
08-14-2012, 01:49 PM
Double S, another thing that you could try if your not already is limiting your carb intake, look out for breads, pasta, and potatoes. Carbs convert into sugars if you do not burn them off. Also lower carbs will keep you from feeling bloated. Try to consume your carb intake from veggies. A trick i do when I eat fiberous foods is to drink two tall glasses of water before eating, this will make you feel full before over stuffing and kicking yourself in the butt for eating that last bit. GOOD LUCK and KEEP FIGHTING!!!

10-4 on the water. Although I only drink one glass about 1/2 hour before eating I do drink nearly a gallon a day. Maybe that's why I've only gained about 5# over the last 45 years.

Double S
08-26-2012, 02:20 AM
I'm now 240!. I held off buying some new ASAT camo because of the weight loss. too close to hunting season...I'm waiting until I get down to 230 before I buy new clothes. I drink a lot of water everyday. I always have a water bottle wherever I go. I don't eat wheat or dairy (Cow milk, cheeses) anymore. I switched to Gluten free. I do eat Goat cheese and I drink Almond Milk. I still have the occasional sugar but I limit it to once a month. I do bake but i use stevia for everything instead of regular sugar. Going wheat free helped me alot. No more stomach pains, inflammation. Now I can down an bottle of Tobasco and nothing happens. lol. Doing my best to do more stuff outside.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-26-2012, 05:21 AM
;) good for you DS, keep up the good work. Your a good encouragement to others.

Double S
08-26-2012, 09:31 PM
Thank you Bill. I hope I can encourage others.

;) good for you DS, keep up the good work. Your a good encouragement to others.

Arrow Splitter
08-27-2012, 08:12 AM
Congrats on the loss DS!:cool:

A.S

Bent Arrow
08-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Good job bro! A good low impact exercise is a speed bag. I used to box a bit in my younger days and if you take the time to wrap your hands or buy some good bag gloves the soreness to your hands will be minimal until you get used to it. I'm at 229 now and if I can get to 200 even I'll be happy.

Double S
08-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Thanks you two. I actually have one of those punching/ kick bags filled with sand. I was using it before but with a bad back and bad right knee I was having too much pain. i don't have much of any shock absorption between the L4- and L5 disk, That's why they retired me early. I can't even run anymore. It's jsut pure pain. I can do a lot of walking without a pack but as soon as i put my backpack, the distance I can hike is less. I do take a lot of breaks but as long as I do it in moderation..I can get things done. The Doctor monitors me and told me to not over due anything, drink a lot of water. The worst thing I can do is sit in my lazyboy all day long. That's what i was doing before. Sitting or sleeping half the day away, get up to eat, get the kid ready for school and go right back to sleep. now that hunting is right around the corner and the bow is ready, I've been doing a lot of metal detecting...A lot of walking without thinking that I'm exercising. I love that Stevia stuff..no more regular sugar.

Congrats on the loss DS!:cool:

A.S

Good job bro! A good low impact exercise is a speed bag. I used to box a bit in my younger days and if you take the time to wrap your hands or buy some good bag gloves the soreness to your hands will be minimal until you get used to it. I'm at 229 now and if I can get to 200 even I'll be happy.

Bent Arrow
08-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Ever try one of those inversion tables? A bud of mine says it really works for his back pain.

Double S
08-28-2012, 11:43 PM
Yes, I have a Teeters inversion table. I get on it everyday. I love it, It does lessen the pain but it's not a cure. I will have some pain, discomfort for the rest of my life It's been bearable the last two years, but it's still aggravated from my drive up from California this past July. The excessive pain usually goes away by now. I'm crossing my fingers that My back doesn't go out the first few days of September archery. I've already gone through my backpack and removed items I really don't need. I almost forgot...I spoke to my Doctor the other day about my longer than normal above average back pain. He stated that the weight loss could cause the pain. In the long run, I am healthier but when I was way more overweight and injured my body got used to walking and moving a certain way. Now that I've lost a lot of weight my body posture is different and my posture is better, my body is trying to get accustomed to the change. I hope I didn't confuse anybody. lol. I do have Arthritis right above the surgery location too by the way.

Ever try one of those inversion tables? A bud of mine says it really works for his back pain.

Chip
08-29-2012, 07:24 AM
Congrats DS, keep at it my friend. I was 260#s at 6foot 1inch two years ago, I have been 208 for the last year and 3/4. I drink water and black coffee, got rid of all pop and processed drinks. Fast food has become a treat not a weekly event, funny thing is I eat anything I want just not as much or as often. I take a multivitamin and keep active. Kep up the great work and stay active.

Double S
08-29-2012, 02:10 PM
Thanks Chip. I do drink coffee plus green tea, no sugar no milk. I drink a lot of water too. I cut a lot of sugar out of most things and I use stevia now.

Congrats DS, keep at it my friend. I was 260#s at 6foot 1inch two years ago, I have been 208 for the last year and 3/4. I drink water and black coffee, got rid of all pop and processed drinks. Fast food has become a treat not a weekly event, funny thing is I eat anything I want just not as much or as often. I take a multivitamin and keep active. Kep up the great work and stay active.