PDA

View Full Version : scepter V

jdduffy
02-11-2012, 03:04 AM
where are all the new scepters,what seems to be the hold up?????????

gravedigger
02-11-2012, 08:09 AM
people have been getting them.i looked over on AT and some guys allready have thers and some are going to get thers in a week or two.

bfisher
02-11-2012, 11:53 AM
You're just going to have to be patient. I haven't ordered mine yet. Besides, you should know by now that everybody that bowhunts think anything over 30" ATA is a long bow so it'll be a while till there are enough in peoples' hands to get reviews. There are a couple on AT.

jdduffy
02-11-2012, 01:14 PM
You're just going to have to be patient. I haven't ordered mine yet. Besides, you should know by now that everybody that bowhunts think anything over 30" ATA is a long bow so it'll be a while till there are enough in peoples' hands to get reviews. There are a couple on AT.

mine's been on order since they announced them,you know how it is when we're waiting on new toys!!!!!

bfisher
02-11-2012, 04:29 PM
mine's been on order since they announced them,you know how it is when we're waiting on new toys!!!!!

Oh yes, I certainly do. The first few years I was with Martin I would order my bows about the middle of November. About 2 months later my bow would finally arrive. I came to realize that in November they didn't even have all the parts available to make the bows. So last year I waited till Feb, to order my Nemisis and lo and heold 12 days later the bow was at my door. So by me delaying my order it just made my waiting on Martin more endurable; in fact I was a little in awe at how fast they could be.

CarlosII
02-16-2012, 03:16 AM
i have a shadowcat that i really like, but it does have a hump in the draw that i've had to work to get used to. wondering if the Scepter V has that same kind of hump since it apparently uses the same cams.

bcriner
02-16-2012, 05:18 AM
I have mine. I have had for 3 weeks or so now. I set it up the first weekend I got it. I was too impressed with the speed performance. Mine was way off. I basically decided to leave it alone for now until I have time to spend researching the issue. IBO came in at 310. It shoots great. It feels great. I just want to figure out where that advertised speed is. I am 2fps slower than my Shadowcat. Also, I ordered it 60lbs max. The tag said it was 62lbs. When I got it, it was bottomed out and would only go 56lbs. My scales are accurate by the way. Also, the draw stop was not adjusted for 29". The modules were set for 29" but the draw stop peg was just in the slot and tightened down, stopping around 27 1/2", still in the end of the draw but not in the valley, so there was no letoff. I had to adjust that before I could actually draw it back. I wish Martin would have just taken the extra time to adjust it all up. Anyway, I have to call and confirm the exact specs and string and cable lengths and then break it down and measure everything to see. Also, one cam was about 5 twists out of sync.

bcriner
02-16-2012, 05:19 AM
One more thing. It draws just like my Shadowcat, but I don't notice a hump in thedraw on either bow.

3dman1
02-16-2012, 10:05 AM
my scepter 5 has the larger cam and i dont have the hump in the draw that i had on my shadow cat with the smaller cam. I have a 30.5 inch draw and the bow shoots a 297 grain arrow 313 fps at 57.5 pounds. With a couple more pounds it will be 320 ish i would guess. The bow is 10fps faster than my shadow cat at a minimum. I am guessing most of the speed difference is from using the larger cam.

jdduffy
02-17-2012, 03:27 AM
my scepter 5 has the larger cam and i dont have the hump in the draw that i had on my shadow cat with the smaller cam. I have a 30.5 inch draw and the bow shoots a 297 grain arrow 313 fps at 57.5 pounds. With a couple more pounds it will be 320 ish i would guess. The bow is 10fps faster than my shadow cat at a minimum. I am guessing most of the speed difference is from using the larger cam.

my scepter just came in but I haven't gone to pick it up yet.I have the 1.5 cams on it,can I get these to go to 30" ? I have the same cams on my shadowcat and I can get that to 30 3/4.

3dman1
02-17-2012, 05:03 AM
The cams should go to the same draw length as the shadow cat

jdduffy
02-17-2012, 05:52 AM
The cams should go to the same draw length as the shadow cat

thanks,that's what I wanted to hear!!!!