PDA

View Full Version : Need new sights

Bo Hunter
02-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Working in garage today. Bumped my bow off my bow holder. It landed on the sights and broke them. Was using default sights for 2011 Martin exile. I need advice on what new sights to get. What do you guys like.

Also does anyone use tight spot quivers? Likes dislikes?

Tia

droppixel
02-12-2012, 06:35 PM
I've got the TruGlo Carbon XS on mine and love it. It isn't horribly expensive, but is a very nice sight in my opinion. Plan to get another for my next bow actually.

NuttyNative
02-12-2012, 07:15 PM
HHA OL5519 is an awesome single pin (I have 2). The Tru Glo micro's are a good 5 pin sight (I have 2). Alot of people like Copper John's. Just depends on what your going to use it for.

MLN1963
02-12-2012, 07:50 PM
I can't stand it anymore. I have to try one of the Trophy Ridge Micro Alpha V3 or V5 sights next. I heard verticals weren't great initially but they are supposed to have made big gains and people seems to like them now.

MLN1963
02-12-2012, 07:52 PM
I've got the TruGlo Carbon XS on mine and love it. It isn't horribly expensive, but is a very nice sight in my opinion. Plan to get another for my next bow actually.

I have this sight. For the money it isn't bad. Getting the pins set can be a PITA at times since they like to rotate as you tighten them. If you are patient and don't want to spend a lot of money this is a good option IMO.

droppixel
02-13-2012, 03:53 AM
I have this sight. For the money it isn't bad. Getting the pins set can be a PITA at times since they like to rotate as you tighten them. If you are patient and don't want to spend a lot of money this is a good option IMO.

You are right about the pins shifting. It takes a little patience, yes. Saw your post about the Trophy Ridge sights, I was looking at those also, but don't know that I could shoot verticals. Guess I wouldn't know until I try though.

Simple Life
02-13-2012, 04:58 AM
I use TruGlo Range Rover on my FC and have a XS on my Bear.Pretty decent sights for the money.I have a Copper John Dead Nuts Micro and put a CJ Saxon on the wifes bow.They are a well built sight and I like them alot.Just depends on how much you are willing to spend.Would also check the classifieds on AT,there is always good deals on there too.

bfisher
02-13-2012, 06:18 AM
I have trouble focusing on a single pin when using multi-pin sights. Therefor I use an HHA slider, but one thing I found out years ago when I dropped my bow from a treestand. I'll never own another sight with plastic parts. I'll pay the extra money and buy something made of machined aluminum; and that includes the sight guard---especially the sight guard. If you get a good sight to begin with it most likely will be the last one you have to buy. Same can be said for most other accessories.

elkslayer4x5
02-13-2012, 06:41 AM
HHA OL 5519 slider, unobstructed field of view and and one very bright pin.

Speedykills
02-13-2012, 09:11 AM
I just traded ehunter for a cobra boomslang 6+ sight,it has 6 0.19 pins and a nice orand glow ring and big level.It also has a place to put a light which i did and it really lights up pins.
Cobra has some good stuff and there just north of me so any repairs wont take long.Anyway good luck on picking one out there a ton of sight on the market to choose from.

Rangerj
02-13-2012, 02:59 PM
i also have the Tru-Glo Range Rover Slider single pin on my FireCat-TR2. I like it real well,no clutter in the sight window.I don't shoot farther than 30 yards so one setting works for me. :cool:

Arrow Splitter
02-13-2012, 03:15 PM
http://www.truglo.com/wallpaper/design5/1024x768_design5_Final.jpg
There are many sights out there, but for affordability, quality, and durability, I choose Truglo.
I currently am using the Truglo Xtreme Tooless 5-pin, but I also own the Truglo Range Rover. They are both excellent sights.:cool:

A.S

MLN1963
02-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Saw your post about the Trophy Ridge sights, I was looking at those also, but don't know that I could shoot verticals. Guess I wouldn't know until I try though.

This looks really slick and clutter free to me. Just like a slider but with five pins in about the same amount of space.

http://www.trophyridge.com/images/sights/5pin-front.gif

Ehunter
02-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Speedy, glad you like the sight. I have switched most of my bows over to single pin sliders. I have 2 HHA 5019's, and a Cobra that I got in the trade with Speedy. I used to use all fixed pin sights, but once I tried a slider, I loved it. I do like the HHA's a little better than the Cobra, but I made some modifications to the Cobra, and I like it better now.

Arrow Splitter
02-13-2012, 03:33 PM
Here's a picture of my Xtreme.5638

droppixel
02-13-2012, 03:35 PM
This looks really slick and clutter free to me. Just like a slider but with five pins in about the same amount of space.

http://www.trophyridge.com/images/sights/5pin-front.gif

Looking at it like that I might be able to get used to that. Depending on how things shake out, might look into a TR vertical just to give it a shot and if it sticks, it sticks.

Speedykills
02-13-2012, 04:18 PM
Looking at it like that I might be able to get used to that. Depending on how things shake out, might look into a TR vertical just to give it a shot and if it sticks, it sticks.

I know i tried my best to like the vertical pin sights but it just didnt work out.Anyway ive got one in classifieds real cheap with new truglo fiber,be a good cheap way to see if vertical pins are for you......or anybody for that matter..........