PDA

View Full Version : snow

bowgramp59
02-13-2012, 07:42 AM
got about 3" of snow last night , thats something we don't see enough of these days ! when i was a young man back in the 50s & 60s it would snow 10"s to a foot & stay on the ground for a couple days, we are lucky to get any at all now. people around here just hate it . i like it for a while, wouldn't want to see it for months like some up north do. i think that the folks up north aren't seeing the snow that they are used to this year. we need all the moisture we can get here still in a drought. i remember my brother and i would go out during quail season when it snowed and almost always get our limits and a couple cotton tailed rabbits , sure was good all fried up with some fried taters and gravy and biscuits . now days they say that kind of food will kill you, it did kill my grandpa he was 89 when he died. have a good day!

Double S
02-13-2012, 11:22 AM
We are below average so far over where I live. I'm not complaining at all. I'm a So cal, Southwest Arizona boy. I'm enjoying the warmer temps. My neighbor farmer wants it to be buried in snow. I hate driving in the stuff.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-13-2012, 11:26 AM
No Snow!!!!!!!No Snow!!!!!!!

Hutch:cool:

Speedykills
02-13-2012, 11:50 AM
I know Texas has serious problems with drought for quite awhile now and we had a heat wave and drought last year,so ill take moisture anyway i can get it.Looks to be better though this year as im in green coutry and have had a good share of rain so far.

MLN1963
02-13-2012, 02:18 PM
The farmers are loving this snow. It makes the wheat fields grow better. Of course it will all be gone tomorrow.

Rangerj
02-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Don't want any snow. We don't know how to drive in the rain down here much less snow and ice.lol ;)

Arrow Splitter
02-13-2012, 03:10 PM
got about 3" of snow last night , thats something we don't see enough of these days ! when i was a young man back in the 50s & 60s it would snow 10"s to a foot & stay on the ground for a couple days, we are lucky to get any at all now. people around here just hate it . i like it for a while, wouldn't want to see it for months like some up north do. i think that the folks up north aren't seeing the snow that they are used to this year. we need all the moisture we can get here still in a drought. i remember my brother and i would go out during quail season when it snowed and almost always get our limits and a couple cotton tailed rabbits , sure was good all fried up with some fried taters and gravy and biscuits . now days they say that kind of food will kill you, it did kill my grandpa he was 89 when he died. have a good day!Snow? What's that? Here in New Hampshire most places don't have snow, and the place that do don't have anywhere near normal amounts for this time of year.
Since I drive at least five days a week for college and work, I don't mind at all.:cool:

A.S

bfisher
02-13-2012, 05:39 PM
I AM WISHING FOR tEXs and Oklahoma to get lots of snow---and rain. Lord knows you guys need it out that way. As for me personally? I have a snow blower and hope I don't have to put gas in it this year. To me it's like a life insurance policy. You have to die to collect and I find that highly unacceptable.

SJunior
02-13-2012, 05:58 PM
Guys like me that work in a body shop love snow and ice, it's helpful on the paycheck.

bowgramp59
02-13-2012, 06:23 PM
it warmed up this afternoon and the snow is all gone. i went out and shot a few arrows . i would rather see 3" s of rain. i think it takes about 10 "s of snow to equal an in. of rain or something like that !

kenz
02-16-2012, 02:44 PM
We usually average around 50-60" of snow a winter. I don't think we hit 10" total so far this year. The storm last night that was supposed to give us 1-3" just gave rain. Lived here all my life and never seen a winter this warm. Not liking it at all.