PDA

View Full Version : Who should I talk to about making a new style of peep sight?

Gabriel454
02-13-2012, 09:17 AM
I don't care about patents or anything, I am disabled and don't have to work. It would be nice to get a job, and I would even relocate to Walla Walla if I had to in order to get one.

I tried to fill out a provisional application for a patent and failed because I know nothing about manufacturing methods.

The type of sight I want to introduce is not completely new. There will be the usual silicon tube, the usual split in the string, but that is where the similarities to 'normal' peep sights end.

How is the design better?

It minimizes the time it takes to acquire perfect aim.
The shooters not only look through the sight but around it and therefore they can be more aware of their surroundings while operating a lethal weapon. (Always a good thing.)
The aiming aperture is smaller and therefore much more precise.
The overall size is smaller and therefore more aerodynamic.
The unique structure gives the user a better field of view while providing higher precision and quicker target acquisition.
The pins align more easily in the center of the peep sight.

*Note: If the materials used in construction were optimized in relation to the string forces the sight may well act as a vibration damper and quiet the string in an aerodynamic fashion.

What are the disadvantages to this sight?

The smaller aperture may be more difficult for some archers to use.
The installation of the sight is not 'normal' and is slightly more difficult to perform.

*Note: There is vast room for further development of the described peep sight.

elkslayer4x5
02-14-2012, 07:00 AM
Most of us have switched to tubless peeps, to get rid of the tubing 'slap' that you will get upon release. Also slow the bow down. Will your new design get around those two stumbling blocks? Always willing to learn. :)

Spiker
02-14-2012, 01:00 PM
Are you desinging these for your Lynx?