PDA

View Full Version : American Restoration

Money Man
02-15-2012, 07:34 AM
The American Restoration show on history channel is going to have a 1948 Coca Cola machine that was destroyed in the flooding from Hurricane Irene from this summer. The machine comes from the Agway down the street from me. I know a few people on here like doing restoration type stuff. It is on at 10:30 pm.

gravedigger
02-15-2012, 08:40 AM
i love that show.i dont know anything about that kind of restoration but i do konow about sand blasting.he over charger so much in time and money.i have seen things on ther and he says it will be 2 or 3 hours blasting when i can do it in 15-20 min and do a better job at that.way cool show indeed.i watch it every week

MLN1963
02-15-2012, 11:39 AM
I love the show but could never afford to have them restore anything for me. I've seen a few pieces that left with some shoddy looking work. Still, I watch every show.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-15-2012, 11:49 AM
I used to restore Coca cola machines before I changed positions at Coca Cola. That certainly would be a cool show for me to watch.

Hutch:cool:

bowgramp59
02-15-2012, 01:14 PM
i love that show.i dont know anything about that kind of restoration but i do konow about sand blasting.he over charger so much in time and money.i have seen things on ther and he says it will be 2 or 3 hours blasting when i can do it in 15-20 min and do a better job at that.way cool show indeed.i watch it every week

i thought i was the only one that thought he is to exspensive !

MLN1963
02-15-2012, 01:22 PM
I use to restore Coca cola machines before I changed positions at Coca Cola. That certainly would be a cool show for me to watch.

Do you get the history channel? That is where they are. If not you can see some episodes on the computer by clicking on the link below.They are at the bottom of the page.

http://www.history.com/shows/american-restoration

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-15-2012, 01:26 PM
No Mln I don't get the history channel. But I bookmarked that page. Thanks!

Double S
02-15-2012, 06:27 PM
I DVR those guys as well as pawn Stars. Right now I'm stock on Doomsday Preppers. Be right back...I have to build an Fallout shelter.:D

gravedigger
02-15-2012, 07:30 PM
I DVR those guys as well as pawn Stars. Right now I'm stock on Doomsday Preppers. Be right back...I have to build an Fallout shelter.:D

i hear ya on the doomsday preppers.i have not even moved intomy new house yet and im thinking of ways to tune the gearge into a shelter,or burry a 40ft steel shipping container in the back yard and make a hatch and ventilation system

Double S
02-15-2012, 08:11 PM
i hear ya on the doomsday preppers.i have not even moved intomy new house yet and im thinking of ways to tune the gearge into a shelter,or burry a 40ft steel shipping container in the back yard and make a hatch and ventilation system

Did you see the last episode?. The guy was so busy trying to show off for the camera while shooting a Ruger 10/22 and stuck his finger on the tip of the barrel and blew his thumb off. Then blamed it on the rifle as a malfunction.:rolleyes:

gravedigger
02-15-2012, 08:29 PM
Did you see the last episode?. The guy was so busy trying to show off for the camera while shooting a Ruger 10/22 and stuck his finger on the tip of the barrel and blew his thumb off. Then blamed it on the rifle as a malfunction.:rolleyes:

i did not see it.i just seen it on on demand,i will search the episodes and see if i can find it.

boobowbender
02-17-2012, 03:32 AM
doomsday preppers? well just dvr'd it another show i don't have time to watch!