PDA

View Full Version : Need new Bow

race14
02-15-2012, 11:17 AM
I have been shooting pse bows for 18 years, I am thinking about buying a 2012 Martin Bengal pro, Does anyone have a new bengal pro, and if so, how do you like it. How do you people like your Martin Bows?I bowhunt from a treestand for Whitetail Deer.

Ehunter
02-15-2012, 01:07 PM
I don't have a Bengal pro, but I have shot the older Bengals and loved them. I love all my Martin bows.The few problems I have had with my bows, Martin took care of quickly, and efficiently. They have about as good of customer service as any company, bow or otherwise, around. Very easy to deal with, and willing to do most anything to solve a problem. I have shot PSE, Browning, that other "M" bow (lol), Pearson, Hoyt, and a few others. Honestly, I think Martin makes just as good of a bow as anyone. They may not have quite the perfect finish of some other brands, but I've never had a deer notice a blemish in my bows. lol I"ll keep buying my Martins, and use the money leftover for accessories.

gravedigger
02-15-2012, 01:47 PM
i will try and find the link but archerx7 did a nice review on the new bengal and pantera.what i like about martin is the price,bows and CS.i cant get my self to spend twice as much on a differnt brand when i can get a great bow for half the price.martin has been in the game for 61 years so they must be doing something right.in the end(for me)it comes down to price and feel and i like both.
ez to tune,no bow press needed,have money left over to drop on goodies for the bow and hunting.

if i could afford to own other bows i might but $$$ is my main factor in life.
oh and at $465.35 it is a good deal.

race14
02-15-2012, 03:15 PM
I don't have a Bengal pro, but I have shot the older Bengals and loved them. I love all my Martin bows.The few problems I have had with my bows, Martin took care of quickly, and efficiently. They have about as good of customer service as any company, bow or otherwise, around. Very easy to deal with, and willing to do most anything to solve a problem. I have shot PSE, Browning, that other "M" bow (lol), Pearson, Hoyt, and a few others. Honestly, I think Martin makes just as good of a bow as anyone. They may not have quite the perfect finish of some other brands, but I've never had a deer notice a blemish in my bows. lol I"ll keep buying my Martins, and use the money leftover for accessories.

thanks for the info on martin bows,I should go and shoot a few.

Tosi
02-16-2012, 08:11 AM
Hope your journey and quest for a new bow is well. I was a long time PSE owner for years, have owned Nova's to scorpion and recently Bow madness XL. Currently I own a Fire Cat 400 (2011) and the new Cougar FC Fury Cam. The reasons I changed was that I personally shot Martin bows much better than any other bow I have owner. My accuracy has greatly improved. I picked up a Pantera (2009) on sale for $350 a few years back and was out shooting my Bow Madness. For me; draw cycle, let off and accuracy played a big part but the price also helps with the bells and whistles. I may give it a year but sooner or later I'm going to pick up a newer Pantera with the 34 ATA. The best advise is it what feel good to the shooter and the style of shooting, i.e.. Target, 3D, spot and stock and or tree stand and or blind. I don't think you can go wrong with any top brand but you would be remiss if you don't give martin a shot or two.

dzsmith
02-21-2012, 03:31 PM
I have been shooting pse bows for 18 years, I am thinking about buying a 2012 Martin Bengal pro, Does anyone have a new bengal pro, and if so, how do you like it. How do you people like your Martin Bows?I bowhunt from a treestand for Whitetail Deer.

pse.....
im sorry i feel sorry for you